Author Topic: Ahsoka  (Read 7417 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Ahsoka
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2023, 09:39:03 PM »
(...) I'm noticing this show and the last season of the Mandalorian seem to be dumbed down. Also they are looking more and more like they are being filmed in Disney parks with Disney park extras. Everything is too clean. I know it's a different era... but too clean.

Absolutely agree on that. The rendering of a few shots at the beginning was apparently not finished. Loved the ruins of that white tempel, but some frames were a pain to look at. Maybe that's part of the reason why this show gives me so many KOTOR vibes.
It's Di$ney and KK so I expect the worst, but so far the show is a nice surprise.
Have you noticed all the product placements? I bet Disney cannot wait to add all these new droids to their Droid Factory assortment.
Hasbro will be happy to produce Sabine's helmet for The Black Series and something tells me that Star Wars cat food will be a thing, soon.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 09:40:47 PM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2023, 09:50:23 PM »
I watched the second episode today and I think it's a solid start of the show. So far they do the character of Ahsoka justice in my opinion. Rosario Dawson portrays her in a brilliant way.
I want to mention that I did not see REBELS. But I think they found some good actresses to convey that punk/rebel type of gang. Got some Mulan vibes here and there with Sabine.
Don't know if I like her character, yet. It's Di$ney so I take everything with a grain of salt these days. But for being intoxicated by Kennedy, I must say Dave and Jon did a tremendous job on these episodes! I mean lightsaber throw is a thing now, right? What a nice nod to Star Wars Battlefront II. Got some Maul vibes, too with those drones.
But most of all it feels like Knights of the Old Republic // THE OLD REPUBLIC to me.

I didn't expect anything from this show, but absolutely enjoy it thus far! 9/10
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 09:52:13 PM by Darth More »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2023, 12:45:27 AM »
So I think the music score and cinematography is pretty dang stellar in this show.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 12:46:58 AM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2023, 01:18:05 AM »
So I think the music score and cinematography is pretty dang stellar in this show.

Absolutely agree with you! I think Ahsoka has to offer some of the finest visual and acoustic elements of all shows so far.

Love this one here in particular:

Kevin Kiner - Ahsoka - End Credits (From "Ahsoka"/Visualizer Video)

double-click for full size view

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2023, 07:33:54 PM »
HAPPY BELATED B'DAY DM!!
Did you get some good StarWars surprises from the birthday fairy?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2023, 03:02:28 AM »
So, I didn't relgiously watch REBELS, but I did watch some. Seems spot on to me. I like who they have casted for the roles so far. I think they did the characters justice. I think Rosario perhaps did the best, but all are good. I like this quest for Thrawn thing they have going. I think they set up the show nicely and introduced us to the characters. I don't know why they didn't just do one bigger episode premiere, but whatever. Looking foward to seeing where we go next. Man, was it just me or did it take forever to finally see Chopper and where the heck is the Ghost!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2023, 04:45:21 AM »
I didn't watch REBELS at all even though friends recommended me to. It took me years to get used to the animated style of The Clone Wars already. I continued to put part of my collection on shelves last night. Short night was enough for me because I'm excited for the third episode of Ahsoka. I'm only waiting for my brother to wake up. And while doing so, I keep displaying my TVC figures ^^

I'm excited for today's episode!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2023, 06:16:40 AM »
Well, this felt a little like a filler episode, but for the sake of all the CLONE WARS nostalgia, it was well worth it! Thanks, Dave!

SPOILERS AHEAD!

I like the Asian style of training! We've seen Ahsoka in Space Suit in The Clone Wars before.
Space Whales and Indian Summer.

Does anybody know how many episodes there will be? If there's only 8 again, the pacing won't get us too far...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2023, 01:06:05 PM »
HAPPY BELATED B'DAY DM!!
Did you get some good StarWars surprises from the birthday fairy?

Thanks DarthHawk! I got a pullover and a pair of short pants from my siblings. My mom got me a planer for 2024 and my dad gave me a perfume that I really like.
And I got myself this AC Origins Collectors Box:

The time in Egypt just gave me all the vibes to get this for 80€. I especially love the soundtrack of those games!

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2023, 04:19:14 PM »
I have watched the first two episodes and I like the premise of the show so far.
Rosario Dawson does a good job portraying Ahsoka but I'm not a big fan of her "look" as Ahsoka.
Seems to me that she has eaten to many Bantha Burgers and Rancor Ravioli.
We did find out that someone can actually survive being skewered by a lightsaber. That's a first
Sabine is being portrayed as the female version of Ezra Bridger. Selfish and disrespectful to her mentor
and living in Ezra's tower home.
The new darksiders have an interesting place in this story line.
Who do they betray first. Morgan Elsbeth or Grand Admiral Thrawn. Plus their demise is a forgone conclusion
so how they will meet their fate is up for speculation and discussion.
Do you think Sabine will improve her Jedi skills to the point she will be able to exact revenge on the darkside padawan?
When will Vader appear? Will it be in person or Ahsoka having a force vision?
Luke? Do you think he will make an appearance?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2023, 03:07:28 AM »
I am liking it so far. I think Rosario is doing a good job as being an older wiser Jedi, although still not perfect but recognizing that fact. I like the droid trainer too. Irritates me that Hera couldn't get the Senators to see the dangers of the threat of Thrawn. Still its easy to see most of em are still on the take. It has my interest I will admit that. Can't wait to see that huge hyperdrive ring in action.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2023, 04:10:09 AM »
I did not think last episode could be beat.

It was.

The Clone wars flashbacks were oncredible. Seeing young Ahsoka was really cool.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2023, 11:38:21 AM »
I feel the same.
The Clone Wars scenes in life-action and the dialogues didn't leave my eyes dry.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2023, 06:30:26 PM »
I think a big part of it for me was watching young Ahsoka hold the fallen troopers hand as he passed. So many good troopers, gone.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2023, 02:57:34 AM »
Absolutely, this is a very nice gesture in this episode.

What gave me the chills is Ahsoka saying "I choose to live" in front of Anakin. Something gives me the feeling that this made him think of Padmé who chose to die because of his decisions and actions.

It felt like this defeated Anakin from the inside in favor of Ahsoka.