Author Topic: Obi-Wan Kenobi  (Read 4504 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2022, 04:30:49 AM »
Philipp, I so understand what you are saying. I don't have much good to say so I am just keeping my mouth shut. I really am not a hater at all, but man I have been seeing folks lay that hate for anyone that says anything bad about this show; even just trying to have constructive criticism.

I also agree there are some bright spots, but the over glaring thing for me is how weak they have made Obi-Wan and his subsequent ineptness. I just can't stand what they are doing to him.

Online DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2022, 09:49:53 AM »
Can't disagree with everything that has been said so far.
I will add that some of the CGI is very amateurish. Especially when Bail is riding through the streets of Alderon in his speeder.
Alderon is portrayed as a very beautiful planet but the background during the speeder scene looks horribly fake. It's almost as if a couple of stage hands had paintings/murals that were on rollers and the scenery was slowing moving past the speeder.
Plus I thought the cityscapes looked very much like Minbar from Babylon 5.
I half expected the Shadows to be Vader's personal bodyguards and the Vorlons to come to Obi Wan's rescue.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2022, 04:51:18 AM »
LOL Ron! I gotta wonder if they have hampered the cgi budget with this one? When is the Mandalorian coming back?

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2022, 02:33:19 PM »
I think my biggest gripe about this show is the gripe I had about the Book of Boba Fett.

For a show about Kenobi, the focus does not seem to be about Kenobi. And the idiotic "toxic fandom" backlash yet again is annoying.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Online DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2022, 07:39:53 PM »
Episode 4 was fun to watch even if it was extremely predictable and I was 10 minutes ahead of  the story line for the entire show.
Upsides for me were, well, um, let's see, give me a minute.
Ok, lots of action and OWK seems to begin the return to his former self. Which is where he should have been in episode 1.
Downsides for me were, can I say to many to list? A couple of the biggies are the total and complete lack of security at Casa Inquisitorious and when 3rd. sister is attempting to probe Leia's mind all she can come up with is "you are strong?" Why wasn't she able to detect Leia's genetic connection with the force?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2022, 06:42:38 AM »
Well, it was nice to see Obi getting a bit back in touch with his force powers. For the life of me I still have a hard time with this as he should be stronger with the force not weaker as he should have been doing Yoda's training to be conversing with Qui Gon. I mean I remember that from ROTS right? It was also awesome seeing the snowspeeders, but again for an Imperial base with a bunch of TIES ( love those racks they are in btw) it is hard to understand how two T-47s were able to provide air cover. Still, it was better.

And we don't get the Mandalorian till February of 2023! :'(

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2022, 01:33:21 AM »
And we don't get the Mandalorian till February of 2023! :'(

Was the show delayed?!  :o

I played tennis with a friend a couple weeks ago and was surprised that I could still play well after a 10 year hiatus! Let Ben use the Force, Di$$ney!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2022, 06:46:18 AM »
Philipp I am not sure that was just a timeline photo of all the new stuff coming out I saw. Probably on FB.

Online DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2022, 02:59:43 PM »
Hmmmmmmm. No comments or critiques on the last episode. Interesting.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2022, 09:05:17 AM »
I have a feeling most are either not watching or are just "meh" like I am.

I mean, I watch it, it is new Star Wars, but I won't be upset if I hear they are not doing another season.

This last episode I thought it was hilarious they had a really old Anakin and Obi fighting and it was supposed to have been during his padawan years. Cmon man.

I am also having a hard time never seeing TIEs deployed or any type of air superiority. I mean some ragtag ship holding off a Star Destroyer? Cmon again.

I know I need to try not hating on this so much, but it has so many holes and really seems to be such a disservice to both the OT and the prequels. I bet George is just shaking his head.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2022, 08:16:33 AM »
Wow, no comments on the finale yet?

This, to me, was the best episode. And it was consistent with the timeline as I understand it, something they didn't seem to care about till this last episode.

I loved the Vader fight and was glad to see Obi got his mojo back. I had some problems with how that fight was set up (I mean the ship he got had hyperdrive why not grab Leia and just hyper out of there?) and it seemed the build up to it was drawn out, but he fight was good and I was glad to see a tough Obi. I also found the Hayden/Jones voice mingling pretty cool too.

Now the whole Reva on Tatooine thing I thought was bad. I mean lets great ready for Reva, but then they weren't ready? And then Owen misses on his first shot? I would have loved for them to have found out Reva was coming and then them go out into the sands and pit Reva vs some Tuskens. Now that would have been cool and then Beru just comes up and shoots her in the back at the end after she took care of the Tuskens. I could have even seen them have a cameo there of Ahsoka or good ole Mac Windu showing up to save the day a bit before Obi gets back. There was a lot of potential missed there. So I didn't like that part of the finale.

It was cool to see Qui Gon. They let him be true to his original identity. I liked that even though he didn't have many lines. Kinda wished Yoda had shown up and Qui Gon would have been beside him in his ghosty way, but it was ok.

About the only thing I am having a hard time with is the fact that Obi got so close to Leia and even Luke at the end. I mean, they didn't seem to know anything about him in A New Hope. I mean Leia sure wouldn't have forgotten an Obi that rescued her and given him that type of R2 message the way she did, but maybe I am being too critical.

At least this review wasn't altogether bad right?! I feel like I need to defend myself if I say something bad about it. I guess I could say I would be fine either way with this one if they have a new season or let it stand. Kinda wish they would spend their budget on new Mandalorian if I had any say. I sure miss that show.

Anyhow that is it for me for now. I am anxious to see what others thought of it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:19:05 AM by Tamer »

Online DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2022, 02:45:28 PM »
This episode was by far the best of the entire series. It was the most Star Wars like of all of them.
No complaints from me on this one.
The Obi Wan vs Vader battle, outstanding.
The Reva redemption, perfect.
Obi Wan's and Princess Leia's final scene, priceless.

I was left with only one question. This is the 2nd. time Obi Wan had the opportunity to end Vader's life.
So why didn't Obi Wan take advantage of the situation and "destroy" Vader once and for all???

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2022, 05:07:18 AM »
Yeah, I guess Obi was still hoping his friend would come back to him.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2022, 12:04:11 PM »
Hmmmmmmm. No comments or critiques on the last episode. Interesting.

I'm still falling in disappointment of how bad the show turned out to be.
They lost me after the third episode. And instead of binge watching the other three episodes,  enjoy reviews on YouTube much more. Like this one:

Honest Trailers | Obi-Wan Kenobi by Screen Junkies

Di$ney and all their uncreative directors, especially KK remind me of some billionaire who bought a unique collection of vintage cars just crash each one of them against a wall at maximum speed every day.

They just ruin every character one by one because they don't understand how to tread this franchise. It would hurt if I still cared that much. I don't care anymore. This is not my Star Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2022, 01:27:18 PM »
Yeah, I have already decided I am gonna view the characters the way they were originally shown to me.

I am also thinking we may never get a new movie again, just new shows on Disney Plus.