Author Topic: Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett - with SPOILERS  (Read 7943 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett - with SPOILERS
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2022, 03:50:49 PM »
  Well it was a good episode. Glad ot was an hour long, any shorter and it would have been rushed. Well I guess we'll be seeing more baby yoda for the next couple of years at least.
I liked the Rancor vs the giant droidekka, that was more badass than i had imagined. For me black krrsantan is my favorite guy. Hasbro needs to make him for tvc. All in all i liked it, it was great, just them deciding to put mando and gogurt in there really sidelined the entire story. They even ended boba fetts show with baby yoda. I get it he's cute and funny and the most well behaved baby who never poops, he's perfect and makes a ton of merch money. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets on the Obi-Wan show.

It would have been cool if it were more like Yojimbo/A fistful of dollars. Where he plays two warring sydicates against each other, forcing a final battle killing both sides, thus cleaning up the town.  But it was okay, great start but lost me at episode 5.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 08:28:41 PM by JDeck »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2022, 02:53:01 AM »
I thought the big boss battle at the end was epic. I can't say that Grogu coming back was anything less than predictable but I'm still okay with it. Fun fact, the huge droids used by the Pykes actually were CIS super droids.

Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2022, 03:53:31 AM »
I am not feeling the best this week so all I will say is I liked it more than I didn't like it, if that makes any sense. I could see a lot of cliche things happening and some way slowed down way over choreographed action scenes, but I still loved Boba on the Rancor and his final show down with Cad Bane.

I also like the scene at the end with him walking through town. JDeck I can feel your point on Din and Grogu stealing the show a bit. I am wondering if Jon and Dave started reading too many fan comments and saying, hey lets give em a show or two of the Mandalorian and Grogu to shut em up?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2022, 07:49:42 AM »
I think it was always intended for it to be mando season 2.5. They had to write baby yoda back into the story. They're not going to kill the golden goose, or write him off completely.  At the same time, they can show how boba fett escaped, something fans have been wanting to see for almost 40 years, but when they finally do, they hate it. At this point they should just focus on new characters, any way they portray the old characters, it's not going to match what people have already created in their own minds.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2022, 12:03:25 PM »
Yeah, it has worn me down a bit. Still feel good enough to mess around on here and just got done watching the Hasbro Livestream.
Dam Tamer, sorry to hear that. Get well soon!

This morning I read part of an interview with Temuera Morrison.
He stated that his Boba Fett character has a HUGE SCORE to settle with Mace Windu.
Is it possible we will see another surprise character make an appearance in tomorrows
final episode?
Mace Windu for S2 would be interesting!

Well it was a good episode. Glad ot was an hour long, any shorter and it would have been rushed. Well I guess we'll be seeing more baby yoda for the next couple of years at least.
I liked the Rancor vs the giant droidekka, that was more badass than i had imagined. For me black krrsantan is my favorite guy. Hasbro needs to make him for tvc. All in all i liked it, it was great, just them deciding to put mando and gogurt in there really sidelined the entire story. They even ended boba fetts show with baby yoda. I get it he's cute and funny and the most well behaved baby who never poops, he's perfect and makes a ton of merch money. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets on the Obi-Wan show.

It would have been cool if it were more like Yojimbo/A fistful of dollars. Where he plays two warring sydicates against each other, forcing a final battle killing both sides, thus cleaning up the town.  But it was okay, great start but lost me at episode 5.
I was expecting a much darker series focusing on the criminal element filled similar to the Game of Thrones, but obviously not as graphic since its on Disney+.

Yes, all things lead back to Grogu because cuteness sells and he resembles the almighty mouse that owns the franchise now  ;D ::)

That being said, I do like how Grogu chose to be Mandalorian. Won't have to wonder how he escaped Kylo or got butchered by the Knights of Ren. Luke comes off as a bad master and just gave up on training him after everything Mando went through to find him a Jedi.

I like how Cad Bane is reminiscent of Sentenza from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. I kind of wish he wasn't killed off but it also works I suppose. Would have been more dramatic if Cad Bane was revealed to be the one that slaughtered the Tuskens instead. Really wish The Tusken Warrior survived and came to help Boba with some remaining Tuskens at the end. We'll see I guess, there's still room in future series and episodes of BOBF.

Boba doesn't seem to do well under the heat of the two Tatooine suns  ;D He's quite a bit more clumsy like his old ROTJ self in this series compared to his badass comeback in Mando.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2022, 06:52:40 PM »
Since a lot of what I was going to say has already been stated I'll go with this.
The one thing I don't understand (other than money) is why they/he/it (grogu) was in this episode in the first place. BY added absolutely nothing to this episode. Plus how did he commandeer an X-Wing and what was the point?
If he didn't commandeer the ship then why did Luke send him to Tatooine?
Is it possible that since Grogu chose the armor instead of the lightsaber Luke came to the conclusion that his emotional attachment is to strong and therefor not capable of being trained as a Jedi? Enough about my speculations.

The only real negative I saw was that the Pykes have to be the absolute WORST when it comes to planning a military style offensive. As I watched the show I came up with at least 6 different scenarios where they would have obliterated Fett and his rag tag bunch of guerreilla fighters.

I really did enjoy the battle from start to finish.
The Super Dooper battle droids were a perfect addition to the Pyke assault. But they must have been programmed by Stormtroopers because they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
I need 1 or 2 of them for my collection.

Boba riding into town on his Rancor was the best! Reminded me of the old westerns when Clint Eastwood would charge in to the battle with guns blazing. Only this time the guns were Rancor claws.

Cad Bane? I don't really give a hoot. Other than a colorful character with very little meaning to the show his kicking the bucket was just filler for me.

I'll give the townfolk of Freetown a lot of credit. For a small band of supposedly inexperienced fighters they stood their ground and knew how to improvise.

Season 2 could be interesting. I can't see BF spending the rest of his time on Tatooine as p---y Fett. He has to get back out in the galaxy in one form or another.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2022, 09:34:32 PM »
Since a lot of what I was going to say has already been stated I'll go with this.
The one thing I don't understand (other than money) is why they/he/it (grogu) was in this episode in the first place. BY added absolutely nothing to this episode. Plus how did he commandeer an X-Wing and what was the point?
If he didn't commandeer the ship then why did Luke send him to Tatooine?
Is it possible that since Grogu chose the armor instead of the lightsaber Luke came to the conclusion that his emotional attachment is to strong and therefor not capable of being trained as a Jedi? Enough about my speculations.

The only real negative I saw was that the Pykes have to be the absolute WORST when it comes to planning a military style offensive. As I watched the show I came up with at least 6 different scenarios where they would have obliterated Fett and his rag tag bunch of guerreilla fighters.

I really did enjoy the battle from start to finish.
The Super Dooper battle droids were a perfect addition to the Pyke assault. But they must have been programmed by Stormtroopers because they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
I need 1 or 2 of them for my collection.

Boba riding into town on his Rancor was the best! Reminded me of the old westerns when Clint Eastwood would charge in to the battle with guns blazing. Only this time the guns were Rancor claws.

Cad Bane? I don't really give a hoot. Other than a colorful character with very little meaning to the show his kicking the bucket was just filler for me.

I'll give the townfolk of Freetown a lot of credit. For a small band of supposedly inexperienced fighters they stood their ground and knew how to improvise.

Season 2 could be interesting. I can't see BF spending the rest of his time on Tatooine as p---y Fett. He has to get back out in the galaxy in one form or another.

Freetown folks are awesome! Wonder what cyborg Cobb Vanth will be like? I think R2 was piloting the X-Wing. Since Grogu chose the Mithril shirt Luke decided to let Grogu go as it was a symbolic choice between the path of a Jedi or path of a Mandalorian.

Pykes are spice runners so military tactics won't be a strong suit for them lol

I'm guessing Mace Windu will be a plot point for S2 from the buzz on the interwebs. I really hope we don't get more spin off episodes for a spin off show lol. I can't really picture Temuera Morrison acting vengeance bound considering his personality but it will be cool to see Mace and Boba confront each other and what the hell Mace Windu has been doing this whole time since ROTS if he survived.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2022, 04:35:57 AM »
I am envisioning a series from here on out where Boba just seems to go from fire to fire. I do hope they explore that Tusken Arc a little more though. I could see a romance with that Tusken Warrior widow being fun. Kind of a you can't marry me until you can best me in combat thing. Gotta have more Boba on Rancor too. Get a better saddle though.

I also did like the whole Mando flying and fighting thing. Does Din not have a missle in his jetpack? If not, remedy this. Boba firing his missle is awesome. I even like the knee missles. I could see see a Mandalorian having air to air and air to surface missles too. They need to get a Beskar outfit for full on aireal combat mode. I would buy a couple of those if they hit the pegs. Couldn't you see a cross of an F16 with a Mando Suit?!

I do think the one thing that was a bit wonky was the lack of starship action in this. I mean who in their right mind wouldn't have had aireal back up when this fight went down? We didn't see the Slave I, I mean Firespray nor did the Pikes have an aireal back up? I was so looking forward to at least an atmospheric fight even if it was just a small one.

I mean what did we have for this whole series? All I can recall is Boba taking out the Biker Gang which was epic. And we get a story of Din getting a new Naboo Fighter. I mean why in the world wasn't that used in the final battle? And Boba not dropping some seismic charges? I guess you only have so much budget for cgi. Still, I want more space and ship fighting in the next run.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 06:58:08 AM by Tamer »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2022, 08:13:45 AM »
  I was hoping Fett would turn out to be a strategic genius, but he's the worst. Spreading an already thinned out force throughout the city, knowing the other families would probably turn on him, was pretty dumb. That's up there with Luke sneaking in all the main characters into jabba's palace one at a time, getting them all captured.
Really he should have made the Sanctuary the Alamo. Put fennec on the rooftop, the mods as scouts/ambush team. Santo and the gamoreans as your frontline close quarters fighters and mando and fett for mid range. They would have been better off. That's not even counting the Freetowners. Then when the droids show up, that's when you want to spread out, instead they did the opposite, just kept shooting at them, ineffectively.  But i guess bad strategy makes good drama, i dunno.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2022, 07:00:07 AM »
Yeah, when Fennec was saying how they had all the avenues of approach covered I just though well dummies you just spread out your forces and then Cad Bane showed up.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2022, 04:58:38 PM »
I think we also need to give major props to Krrsantan for his toughness, resiliency and armor like constitution.
I mean come on, how many times can anyone sustain being shot that many times with blaster fire and still hobble back to to safety.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2022, 06:39:22 PM »
Black Krrsantan or as I like to call him Santo, because we're friends now. He ended up being the most badass dude on the show. Forget boba give me a Santo series. Dude was able to sneak into boba fetts palace undetected, pretty goid for a big guy. Instead of killing boba with a blster he decided to do it by hand. Of course it ultimately didn't work for him, but he put up a good fight. That bar scene was beyond awesome. He got drunk AF, started a barfight. The bar owner instead of kicking him out, I mean how can you, offered to clear his extensive tab to walk away. What dies he do? Rips off the Trandoshan's arm and pays the bartender. That's cool. Yeah he can take a hit or two. By far my favorite character in the show.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2022, 09:44:43 PM »
Black Krrsantan or as I like to call him Santo, because we're friends now. He ended up being the most badass dude on the show. Forget boba give me a Santo series. Dude was able to sneak into boba fetts palace undetected, pretty goid for a big guy. Instead of killing boba with a blster he decided to do it by hand. Of course it ultimately didn't work for him, but he put up a good fight. That bar scene was beyond awesome. He got drunk AF, started a barfight. The bar owner instead of kicking him out, I mean how can you, offered to clear his extensive tab to walk away. What dies he do? Rips off the Trandoshan's arm and pays the bartender. That's cool. Yeah he can take a hit or two. By far my favorite character in the show.

He's got some exclusive comics coming up by the way, if you hadn't heard yet. They look pretty good from the teasers.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2022, 12:25:13 AM »
Hell yeah man! I was into the  (canon) comics when they first started, but got out of the habit.  It us a lot of content coming out at one time.
I just catch up on various YouTube videos.

If you think about it, Aphra was the first fan choice for TVC. the legitimacy of the elections are debatable, but Aphra won. Black Krrsantan needs a figure in TVC. ASAP. Anyone who knows Aphra knows Krrsantan.  I hope hasbo  will "celebrate" Krrsantan in a new "expression". In the upcoming waves. To put in corporate talk.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 12:41:20 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2022, 05:55:32 AM »
JDeck you crack me up. I approve of your use of the keywords. LOL!

Oh you know Santo is coming in both TVC and The Black Series Lines.

Does this guy have a ship. Now that is something I want to see.