Author Topic: Star Wars The Bad Batch  (Read 18315 times)

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
Re: Star Wars The Bad Batch
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2021, 08:31:14 AM »
I've been following a B.B. conversation on another site and there's a theory that's gaining momentum.
Here's part of what's being discussed.

I don't have an issue with Omega being Force sensitive but being Ray's mother as well seems like just too much.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2021, 05:55:44 AM »

I kept drifting in and out of sleep. Did they ever get that info from the bridge, so they could pay their bills?

I have the Threes Company song in my head now. More problems and more problems and still more problems. And hey Cad Bane showed up to kidnap Omega. He and Hunter had a shootout old West style.

I was kinda hoping getting rid of the inhibitor chips would make them more tough. I don't know I am kinda hoping they become the squad version of Clint Eastwood in his Dirty Harry or Josey Wales or Pale Rider series.

I don't want a post war we are just regular people with real problems series. I want a kick butt take names and get out of our way series. The new season of the Mandalorian is when? Maybe Book of Fett will be good.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2021, 08:52:50 AM »
I understand and identify why JDeck kept drifting in and out of sleep.

Tamer, I couldn't agree with you more.
Hopefully future episodes will turn the show around and I will once again look forward to Fridays for reasons other than the school week is over.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2021, 11:36:23 AM »
The last thing I remember, they were inside on that engine and it was about to turn on. I just want to know if they actually got what they intended to get so they could pay their bills. You know you're getting old when you're more concerned about the characters credit score than them getting burned to death.  I assumed they survived.

If that tech guy's brain so big why he not make a copy of the strategy droids memory, then they both would have had a copy?  But he gave what's her name the only copy he made.

In fairness though, Rebels season 1 was slow. In my opinion mando season 1 and a few episodes into 2 were slow. Granted the characters were already introduced in CWS7 but the story still has to be set up.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 11:48:24 AM by JDeck »

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2021, 01:43:35 PM »
The last thing I remember, they were inside on that engine and it was about to turn on. I just want to know if they actually got what they intended to get so they could pay their bills. You know you're getting old when you're more concerned about the characters credit score than them getting burned to death.  I assumed they survived.

If that tech guy's brain so big why he not make a copy of the strategy droids memory, then they both would have had a copy?  But he gave what's her name the only copy he made.

In fairness though, Rebels season 1 was slow. In my opinion mando season 1 and a few episodes into 2 were slow. Granted the characters were already introduced in CWS7 but the story still has to be set up.

You bring up a point I hadn't realized.
We are 8 episodes in and the ultimate goal, or any goal for that fact, of the B.B has yet to be revealed or set up. Other than to keep omega from the clutches of.....................??????
What is the purpose? What is the mission? What is the plan? What is the determination?
What is the desire? What is the motive?

Stay tuned for more confusion and unanswered questions next Friday. Same Bad Batch time, Same Bad Batch channel.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2021, 04:51:30 AM »
I guess my problem is this seems more like a continuation of the Clone Wars than a new series. We already know the established timeline and characters for the most part. I guess I feel this squad isn't tough, perhaps just luckier than most. I haven't got the ole "chills" I have from the Mandalorian when he has done something tough or a new plot line or character shows up (like Boba and Luke). I swear I can watch that scene with Luke showing up a hundred times and it doesn't get old.

And JDeck in answer to your original question it is yes and no. They got away with the electronic data, but I think they used up most of their stolen ordinance as they got away from Crosshair. I was kinda hoping they could have gotten the drop on ole Crosshair and gotten his chip out and then get the heck out of dodge and then let him go back to Kamino to see how bad the Empire is and have a story arc there. Maybe in the future.

I have the Conan soundtrack going on in the background as I write this this morning and I guess I want something like this for Bad Batch. I really want them to be "bad" as in not evil, but just so tough when their name gets mentioned everyone is like "oh crap" time to get out of here!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2021, 09:47:03 PM »
  Im a little drunk right now, but hear me out. We're 8 episodes into, maybe a 20 episode season. 1/3 approximately. At this point we have a group of defected Republic clones running from the Empire, with absolutely no resources, except the ship they stole, which can be tracked. I've lived on the lam, and it's not fun lol. On top of that they have this kid that's being hunted, for some reason, apparently by the cloners who created her.  They're outlaws, being actively hunted by fennec Shan, who's a precieved badass from the Mandalorian, who no one in their right mind would confront or attempt to capture. So her reputation is on the line, and I assume this era would be her prime, because she's in her 50s in Mandalorian, just saying. If that isn't bad enough, they're being actively hunted by their former team mate who has all the resources of the Galactic Empire, who knows all of their strategies. To have the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, and the Empire  with all of it's resources hunting you down, you'd have to be badass to survive. 
 You know, with Dave Filloni, without a doubt will add Ahsoka to the story. That's his baby, he's obsessed with her. He killed her, went back in freggin time and saved her. So I think the Bad Batch will have a deeper connection to the formation of the Rebel Alliance. I don't know how they can make four seasons out of this story, but they probably will.  After it's all said and done it'll probably be a connecting story between Clone wars, and Rebels. Only problem is there's a 15 year gap between clone wars and rebels, which can't be properly filled in 4 seasons. But if you connect it to Solo, the upcoming lando, and the cassian Andor shows it could create a web of interconnecting stories, which can be pretty cool. Just saying. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 10:51:07 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2021, 05:17:05 AM »
Maybe they need their own theme music, like professional wrestlers have when they enter the ring. And Josey Wales was on the run and was still tough! Don't get me wrong I do like this, but I had high hopes for another grand slam like the Mandalorian and that is wrong on my part. I know I just need to be glad we have new Star Wars and shut up, but I see the potential for this series and get frustrated.

I would love to see Jon Favereaux direct a few episodes of this and see what he would do with it. I promise I will stop being whiny about it. I have had my rants.

And JDeck you are right it will be a good bridge between the timelines. I do hope we see Ahsoka. I mean we have Cad Bane right? I am wondering now if we might see some of the same characters from the Mandalorian show up in anime form. Guess that might be a bit of a stretch for time right?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2021, 04:28:15 AM »
  I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion. Like my dad would say, it's not Shakespeare. It is what it is, but I think it at least has potential anyway. I completely forgot about Cad Bane, I thought I dreamed that part. I need to rewatch it. I guess Greef Karga and Quille would be old enough to be in this series. Fennec shand was in it, and Bib fortuna. I want a baby Rancor figure now.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 04:30:14 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2021, 05:17:40 AM »
Got a good laugh this morning on its not Shakespeare. Word!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 05:51:08 AM by Tamer »

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2021, 08:27:04 AM »
Word?  Word??  Word???
Damn Tamer your dating yourself and me even more because I know what it means and when it was the "popular" phrase of its time.

Tomorrow we get the next episode. Hopefully that means this topic will begin to trend toward the positive.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2021, 05:55:18 AM »
LOL!

It was a pretty cool with with Cad vs. Fennec. Interesting to see the dynamic with the Kaminoans too. Doubt I spelled that right.

Now we get to see if Omega and Boba will meet up. It will be interesting to see how she turns out to be as an adult with being trained by the Bad Batch. Gotta wonder if Filoni is already thinking of a series he can do down the road and let some of our favorite characters meet up again in anime form.

I kinda hope we get to see some new Clone Commanders and Arc Troopers and Republic Commandos too. Wouldn't it be cool to see an RC Squad take on Bad Batch?

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2021, 06:16:13 AM »
Yeah, would be nice to see Delta or Omega Squad from the beginning. Omeega however makes this show a kid show for me even though I wouldn't consider it appropriate for kids.
Omega needs her own show - cannot wait for it! Looks like wasted potential and another missed chance here.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2021, 07:26:39 AM »
It was pretty cool. I stayed awake anyway. Evidently it was the mid season finale, so like I said premiers and finales typically are more interresting. So now we know why they want the girl. Interresting how the kamino PM and the girl's former caretaker are working against each other using bounty hunters. Yeah it'll be interresting to see how boba will fit into the story. If the kaminians have access to boba, they they wouldn't need omega.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2021, 08:37:57 AM »
Everyone has made valid points regarding the Kaminoans, Boba, and the infighting of the Kamino hierarchy. All good points for the show and provide substance to the story line.

The bounty hunter battle/fight added a new dimension to the series and Star Wars saga.
We all know that the bounty hunters had to have had encounters and tested their skill levels
battling each other. Filoni and company did themselves proud with this fight sequence.

Once again though, the B.B. is portrayed as a bunch of helpless weenies that look as if they
would rather shed tears than use their skills, training and overall badassery to accomplish
their mission. And, once again, they have to rely on a little girl to provide them with what
they need to survive.

I'll end with this.
Great fight sequence between Cad Bane and Fennic Shan.
The B.B. once again not showing their true colors.
Waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to much screen time for the Omega character.