Author Topic: DSD's Collection...  (Read 6564 times)

Offline DeathStarDroid

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
    • http://www.deathstarplans2.net/
Re: DSD's Collection...
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 07:47:02 PM »
Ok here is today's update of my display. I spent a few hours just setting up Episode 1 and POTJ figures. Thats exausting freeing my figures from their ziplock back chambers. I picked up a second shelf last night and set it up. I want to get 2 more for the other side of the room. But for now here are 2 pics of what my toys look like. Everything above and below are out of place. I mainly focused on the middle shelf. Check out it!

Offline DeathStarDroid

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 06:49:21 PM »
Here is an update. It is taking a long time to unpack each figure. lol Everyday this week Ive been in there setting up more figures. I am now about to start on the 30th Anniversary figures. Just finished the Saga Collection last night. Room is still a mess. What do you think about my set up and progress?

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 05:41:45 AM »
Great set up! Are the shelves wood or metal?

Offline Wntermute

• Obroa-Skai Curator
  • Cadet
  • www.starwars411.info
    • Obroa-Skai Reference Guide
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 07:42:03 AM »

Looks like the frames are metal and the shelves are wood. Standard Home Depot style shelving, probably MDF for the shelves.

Offline DeathStarDroid

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 08:41:30 AM »

Looks like the frames are metal and the shelves are wood. Standard Home Depot style shelving, probably MDF for the shelves.

Nope, I got them from LOWES not Home Depot. Big difference! lol

Metal frames and wood shelves. The shelves slide into slots which are hidden by double ply metal. They also sold a cheaper alternative where you see the slots from the outside and are grey. Yuck! I plan to put thin boards on the back side to keep the toys from falling off the back. Eventually I will enclose the entire shelves to keep the cats and dust out. Just waiting for payday to get two more sets.

I just finished The Saga Collection last night. Today I will be putting up The Legacy Collection and I will go back and fill in all the other figures like battle packs and exclusives. The entire collection of just figures fit on Two Shelves. Amazing when I use to own 9 of those CD display cases which take up alot of wall space. And that was back in 2006. I would need about 5 more to house the rest of the figures released since then. This way I can display my vehicles and playsets too. I also want to set up Jabba's Palace and The Cantina dioramas. Im looking forward to seeing all the toys out on display.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2011, 12:52:42 AM »
Excellent display DSD!! What is that black cabinet in the back?
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Spookymufu

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 05:24:20 AM »
thats quite a collection, oh my.....I think I'll come visit you and do some "shopping"

Offline DeathStarDroid

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2011, 12:53:25 PM »
Ok here is the latest update to my collection set up. I get paid on Monday so I will be getting some more shelves. Then I will put all the figures in order and start adding the ships and diorama ideas.

I still have yet to put up the Legacy and Old Vintage figures.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:55:25 PM by DeathStarDroid »

Darthscro

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 02:59:37 AM »
LOL