Author Topic: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME TWO - COMING SOON  (Read 14552 times)

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME TWO - COMING SOON
« on: August 21, 2010, 01:38:28 PM »
"The Clone Wars have ravaged the galaxy, and show no signs of halting any time soon. As the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order fight tirelessly against the droid hordes of the Separatists, entire star systems are torn asunder; leaving in their destructive wake ample opportunities for the lesser factions to pillage and plunder what they can.

Whether it be the Hutts and their criminal empires flourishing in a wartime black market, or the Mandalorians reviving their crusades against the Jedi from eras long past, or even the enigmatic Nightsisters of Dathomir emerging from the shadows to seize power, everyone in the galaxy has a stake in the conflict; and everyone has a side whose victory they would benefit from the most.

These are the Tales From The Clone Wars; from the heroic Anakin Skywalker, to the merciless General Grievous, follow the exploits of the war's heroes and villains in their constant battle for galactic supremacy."

Hey all, welcome to the thread for the Star Wars: Tales from the Clone Wars webcomic! As you can see from the poster above, this is a 3D comic series based around the Clone Wars, and featuring all the main characters from the era - as well as a few lesser known ones!

I've posted this on a few other sites, but a big thanks to 'zedhatch' for pointing me over here -  I've been looking through some of the other webcomics on here and am already  being inspired to 'up my game' in future issues of TftCW.

Please do check it out and let me know what you think - whether it be comments on the look, the style, the writing, anything! Constructive criticism, tips, hints, suggestions - all shall be collected and hoarded!

It can be found here: www.starwarscomic.webs.com

By my own admission, the first few issues are not as great as they could be, but the quality tends to improve with the more recent issues. Hope you enjoy it!

On a technical note, for those interested - the comic is made through a combined use of Adobe Photoshop and various 3D Star Wars resources; mainly the data files and 3D models of games "Star Wars: Jedi Academy" (for the characters) and "Star Wars: Empire at War" (for the ships and vehicles).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:28:22 PM by Kualan »

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Re: Tales of the Clone Wars
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 03:19:50 PM »
HOLY CRAP!!!

Why have I never seen this anywhere else!!! I'm totally blown away by my first impression.

I need to take some time to browse through your amazing work of art, then I will make a more appropriate comment. In the meantime  a warm welcome to the Imperial Shipyards.

Jules

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome  ;D Hope you like what you see, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 08:10:09 PM »
Daggone looks good to me so far. When I can find some time to get into it more I will try to leave some comments. Welcome to the yards!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 03:36:41 AM »
this is very cool there is artistic talent here in abundance    welcome to the yards !
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 07:12:56 AM »
amazing job man

welcome to the yards!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 08:29:39 PM »
Thanks folks - both for the warm welcomes and the kind words. Any suggestions for improvements?

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 01:15:00 AM »
No suggestion for improvements. It would be great if you could give it its own thread here. It really is an amazing work of art.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 02:48:15 AM »
Just an update; I have taken down the first six issues (Hunters of Mygeeto, Apprentice of the Sith, Enter Bounty Hunter and The Invasion of Mandalore Trilogy). I have them saved on my computer and may upload them to an 'archive' site, but for now they've gone.

The reasons for this are:

- They, particularly the first three, were very much 'WIP' comics, and featured a lot of errors, mistakes or otherwise didn't look as good as they could have done, and I didn't want to put first-time visitors to the comic off with these less-than-satisfactory issues.
- In plotting Issue Seven (or what is now Issue One), I ended up spanning out into a huge story arc that, at the current stage of planning, stretches over seven issues. This continuous storyline, rather than a series of self-contained stories as in the old system, would probably benefit the comic in the long-run. Each new issue will feature new characters, locations, events, etc but now they'll will be more closely linked through an overarching plot.
- Some of you might have noticed that the upload dates for the different issues were quite arbitary and widespread - seven issues over the course of a single year! Fortunately, with this revamped way of doing things and my own growing familiarity with the creation process, I'm looking to start churning out a new issue between every week to 2 weeks.

Also, if you folks have any ideas / cool things you would like to see in the comic, by all means let me know! I'd love to get some community involvement in what happens in the comic.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 01:58:57 PM »
Kualan,

I must make a point of reading through your amazing work. I am impressed by both the web presentation and the work itself, you have obviously taken a great deal of time on this awesome project.

I have put this on the Front page buddy as it deserves to be publicised. I've also joined your site and hope to be updated whenever you add anything.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful project with us!

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 03:09:58 PM »
What are you using to create this? A game engine or a 3d application like 3d Studio Max?

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »
Wow, I just spent the last half hour mezmirized by this. Awesome work. I sure hope we see lots more!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 04:09:02 PM »
Kualan,

I must make a point of reading through your amazing work. I am impressed by both the web presentation and the work itself, you have obviously taken a great deal of time on this awesome project.

I have put this on the Front page buddy as it deserves to be publicised. I've also joined your site and hope to be updated whenever you add anything.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful project with us!

Wow! Thank you so much!

What are you using to create this? A game engine or a 3d application like 3d Studio Max?

The backgrounds to most panels come from screenshots taken in either of the games "Star Wars: Jedi Academy" or "Star Wars: Empire at War". The characters and ship models themselves are posed and then transposed over to Photoshop in the form of individual layers from a 3D application called ModView. Special effects like explosions and lasers are then added in Photoshop.

Wow, I just spent the last half hour mezmirized by this. Awesome work. I sure hope we see lots more!

The next issue should be up by Monday, if not sooner. :)

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 09:13:39 PM »
Welcome to the Yards, and thanks so much for dropping by, and I sincerely hope you stick around.
After checking out your incredible web comic, unfortunately, I've found myself so blown away that apparently the paramedics have shown up in attempts of gathering what is left of my scattered body in hopes of trying to piece me back together at some local hospital.
Pray for me, brother. Seriously, dig the everloving sh*t outta your work.
Thanks again for posting, and I'm anxiously awaitng to see more from you.

Barry

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 05:48:24 AM »
Oh shucks!  :P Thanks r1bb1t.

Hopefully you'll like this then:

ISSUE TWO - TREACHERY OVER ALDERAAN - IS NOW UPLOADED TO THE SITE!

A day early too ;)