Imperial Creative Engineering > Resources and References

Materials for Dioramas: Finding crates, parts and miscellaneous stuff...

<< < (2/56) > >>

Darth More:
@all: Thank you for your feedback guys!

@JDeck: I actually had to do some research on google images :D Usind artificial cedar garland for conifer branches sound like a good idea! I also have some artificial plants from a local craft store which I haven't posted on here, yet. You probably mean these parts here, which are also from a local craft store here in Germany:

These are actually not aquarium plants. But I will add some more pictures of aquarium plants which I bought a lot of over the last 5 months...

My suggestion to you for sources:

1) Look online and in craft stores for suitable plants of Endor. Stores like Dollar Tree might not have what you're looking for, but there might be some specialized craft stores in your area.

2) This leads to my second hot tip: hemple know A TON about artificial plants! He actually uses the best artificial plants I've ever seen! If you write him a PM you will definitely find what you're looking for although it might be a little more expensive than these plants I bought from Asia.

3) Depending on where you live you might find some useful stuff out in the woods! If you live close to the Redwoods you might even see some Ewoks tolling around, too! 0/
Coconut fiber is also suitable for Endor in particular. And here're a couple links to two nice Endor dioramas shared on YouTube:

This here might've been shared on here already and is one of my favorite Endor dioramas:

I subscribed to Nihilus 911000 on YT - he does awesome stuff - the plants he used for his dio look very similar to those I'm going to show you.

@Jaeger45: Thank you so much, mate! Yes, FialaFernbrugg had this great idea when we talked about the plants I had found on eBay and how I could find fern in 1/18. The palm trees work perfectly - I just need to put some more effort into the paint apps to make them look more realistic.

@Tamer: Yes, you're right! Remember back then I didn't really know where to put this topic, but now I found this thread here - I hope it fits better, now - what do you think? - I'll also talk about some other materials on this topic down the road. I thought it would be nice to share it on here and make a little summary of what I made with the plants so far.

@talonreap: Thank you for the nice words, mate! I can really recommend these to you and will post the three sources I can recommend most to you here:

Again, comparing prices pays off! Sort by "price: lowest first". Just look for "artificial model tree", "railway model scene" or "artificial plants" on eBay and you'll find these sellers quickly:

Most of them send from Shenzhen, China.

http://stores.ebay.com/SfcDirect/_i.html?_dmd=2&_nkw=model+scenery&_sop=2&rt=nc

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=diorama&epid=16007290133&_ssn=uptogethertek&hash=item2370f2e6a4%3Ag%3ALTcAAOSwubFaceAV&item=152218822308&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.H1.Xmodel+scenery.TRS0&_nkw=model+scenery&_sacat=0

Best regards

- Philipp

FialaFernbrugg:
wow
So much detailed information about plants.
Thank you so much for sharing all the information.
I hope I can use some of these plants in a project some day.

Keep up the great work.

Darth More:
@FialaFernbrugg: I'm glad you like them, mate! You got a couple of each of them and it would be awesome to see how you include them in your projects!

Here're some more:

Aquarium Plants:

During the second half of 2017 I found some plants on eBay which look nice and suitable to use on a diorama of Felucia or Ryloth:

I have to include this, again:

These plants smell - some of them really bad! There's no way I would use those for a fish tank!
But they look really great in water! With the right lighting they look just amazing! But who knows if and to which extend they contain components that are toxic to organisms.

I really like the bright colors, different shapes and am looking forward to finally make my first diorama of Felucia!

Some are made of soft silicone and hard plastic parts...

...others are poured in solid plastaline:

They were all well packed - most of them were shipped for FREE!

These here are made of very soft silicone - in water they would look bright & beautiful, but if you use them out of water you'll need glue to make them to make them stand up.

These here were most of expensive of them all and I wouldn't have bought them if they didn't fit well for the diorama I'm going to build. They also shipped from China via a seller that only sells in Europe, but I'm sure they also got a store for each continent just using a different nickname...

I'll add prices for each number here.

I'll use these here to make palm tress for Scarif. That's gonna be fun!

And here are the sources on eBay where I found them:

lucky.warm - best prices, I was most contended with this one. Just look for aquarium plants in his store and list all items from lowest to highest price. Comparing prices pays off!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/lucky.warm/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

onfineshop: - ships from HongKong, China

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=15&_nkw=aquarium&rt=nc

Various sellers: There are just too many to list them all. And I wouldn't be surprised if they actually all belong together...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=plant&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xartificial+plant.TRS0&_nkw=artificial+plant&_sacat=0_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xartificial+plant.TRS0&_nkw=artificial+plant&_sacat=0

Shipping for most of them is FREE and takes 8-30 days at least to Germany.

Have a great weekend everyone!

- Philipp

FialaFernbrugg:
Looks like you found the perfect material for a Felucia diorama.
Thank you for sharing.

Tamer:
Great resource. Let me go share some of this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version