Author Topic: My Custom Figures (Republic, CIS, Imperial, Criminals, and MORE!)  (Read 115424 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Custom Imperial and Rebel Forces!
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2019, 08:12:15 AM »
Thanks for the praise. I guess I wanted to have each commando have their own appearance. I took inspiration from Delta Squad's armor. There isn't much to go by, because the books never really show you precise armor colors beyond flat white and black stealth armor.

I wanted to go with the individual armor colors because this was during the mid point of the war. I'm not sure if phase II clone armor had been distributed or not. I also don't think the commando armor changed much during the war appearance wise, but more technology wise. As it had a slight vulnerability to EMP during the opening months of the war.

The only one with a confirmed photograph of armor color is Niner - who wore the dark blue/black armor.

Hasbro messed up and packaged Niner as Fi. Fi doesn't have the four rank dots on his chest, but Niner does.

To me it only made sense to give Fi red, because he is the Medic/Sniper for the team.  ()rr
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 08:20:44 AM by Clanleaderyautja »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2019, 02:39:54 AM »
I really enjoyed the video game, actually sent it off to another Shipyarder here many years ago who never returned it. I need to go get me another copy of it. I liked the books too. I want to say there was a black, red, green and yellow Trooper.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2019, 03:11:43 AM »
I really enjoyed the video game, actually sent it off to another Shipyarder here many years ago who never returned it. I need to go get me another copy of it. I liked the books too. I want to say there was a black, red, green and yellow Trooper.

Yes.

Boss (who you play as) had orange markings similar to Niner. Sev was a blood spattered red design, Fixer was green, and Scorch was Black/Yellow.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2019, 02:46:24 AM »
Yeah, it has been awhile. Great game though. Man if ever there was a game that needed a version two!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2019, 03:26:25 AM »
It's great to see how much detail is actually hidden in those TLC Republic Commandos...you've done a tremendous job on thise three repaints, mate! And you're extremely throrough with your research and execution. Love the choice of colors and level of detail & accuracy! That's elite custom work here!
I also plan on doing a few Republic Commando customs - HALO figures might be a useful source for parts and also some resin casts I made.
Looking forward to seeing you completing Omega-Squad!
Your pictures look stunning to the closest shot - the detail is just excellent!

Thanks for sharing! Again, I'm glad you joined us on here! It's good to have you.

- Philipp

P.S.: Fi looks awesome to the top! Love the red paint apps on his armour! Also the gattling gun looks so cool! Did you fill the holes with modeling clay? And which color(s) did you use for the weathing of the RCs?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 03:30:41 AM by Darth More »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2019, 09:51:22 PM »
Really nice job on the Commandos! The color choices are excellent and the weathering is brilliant. You've done your homework and your doing a great job executing your vision on these.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2019, 05:05:29 AM »
It's great to see how much detail is actually hidden in those TLC Republic Commandos...you've done a tremendous job on thise three repaints, mate! And you're extremely throrough with your research and execution. Love the choice of colors and level of detail & accuracy! That's elite custom work here!
I also plan on doing a few Republic Commando customs - HALO figures might be a useful source for parts and also some resin casts I made.
Looking forward to seeing you completing Omega-Squad!
Your pictures look stunning to the closest shot - the detail is just excellent!

Thanks for sharing! Again, I'm glad you joined us on here! It's good to have you.

- Philipp

P.S.: Fi looks awesome to the top! Love the red paint apps on his armour! Also the gattling gun looks so cool! Did you fill the holes with modeling clay? And which color(s) did you use for the weathing of the RCs?

Which holes? And all of my paint is Liquitex Acrylic paint. I either blend my own colors or use their premade. Which hole are you speaking of?

Really nice job on the Commandos! The color choices are excellent and the weathering is brilliant. You've done your homework and your doing a great job executing your vision on these.

Thank you! I really want these to be as accurate as possible.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2019, 09:05:24 AM »

Clone Commander Jax (CC-4231) specialized in being proficient with BARC Speeders from the first Battle of Geonosis. He specializes in reconnaissance and combat skirmishes. Jax is Commander of the 444th Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion. The unit is a fast and mobilized armored terrestrial reconnaissance battalion of the Grand Army of the Republic.

The 444th LAV platoon consists of 4 vehicles usually divided into Alpha section and Bravo section. The platoon commander will control one section and also be the vehicle commander (VC) of one of the LAVs and the platoon sergeant will control the other section as well as be VC.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 01:22:18 PM by Clanleaderyautja »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2019, 02:13:03 PM »
Great job with Jax!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2019, 05:21:37 AM »
Great job with Jax!

I agree, I really like that bucket style too. Looks so much tougher than a regular clone imo. Salecumi or something along those lines?

Off to the front pages.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2019, 08:18:13 PM »
Just some simple Exacto-blade weathering here. Fordo is an amazing figure! Only made better by some armor scratches.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2019, 02:57:06 AM »
Oh yeah, looks like he has seen some action. I like it.

Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2019, 03:53:09 AM »
Agreed! Excellent job on Jax and Fordo! I'm very glad you finally got one for an affordable price! Man, I love those BARC Troopers! The weathering looks superb - especially on the left forearm! 10/10

It's quite imoressive how those scratches add to the realism of (Clone) Troopers in particular. Certainly don't wanna have 'em on cars, but they look great on plastic figures.
Thanks for sharing those amazing pics! It's great to see you enjoy the hobby so much!

- Philipp

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2019, 11:47:03 PM »
Agreed! Excellent job on Jax and Fordo! I'm very glad you finally got one for an affordable price! Man, I love those BARC Troopers! The weathering looks superb - especially on the left forearm! 10/10

It's quite imoressive how those scratches add to the realism of (Clone) Troopers in particular. Certainly don't wanna have 'em on cars, but they look great on plastic figures.
Thanks for sharing those amazing pics! It's great to see you enjoy the hobby so much!

- Philipp

I second what Philipp said! The blade cuts really add to the authenticity of the character. Great eye!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2019, 10:20:42 AM »
I did a little clever tweaking with Fordo. Pleased with the results of giving my own spin on the phase II armor appearance. This time around, I did some modding to his belt/holsters and the wrist piece, which now features an electro dart component. I will soon equip him with a Westar ARC trooper blaster rifle as his main weapon.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 12:41:04 PM by Clanleaderyautja »