Author Topic: BlackThorne's Custom Figures  (Read 59808 times)

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
Re: BlackThorne's Custom Figures
« Reply #195 on: August 14, 2021, 06:14:18 PM »
Between some dios I'm working for the past few weeks I managed to finish two droids kits that will be part of them. Here is gonk tanks and pernocas (chubby legs):

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2021, 07:31:09 PM »
Those look great. I really like the paint jobs, the weathering and "wear' patterns are excellent. They look like "Hole in the Ground" kits. Am I correct?

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
  • The shield will be down in moments.
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #197 on: August 15, 2021, 05:25:55 AM »
Great job on both - I especially love that worn paint / rust effect you created 😃👍🏻
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #198 on: August 15, 2021, 08:03:11 AM »
Those look great. I really like the paint jobs, the weathering and "wear' patterns are excellent. They look like "Hole in the Ground" kits. Am I correct?

Yes! I finally bought some piece from them and liked it a lot.

Great job on both - I especially love that worn paint / rust effect you created 😃👍🏻

Thanks, for the small one i followed the paint reference but went a bit heavy on paint wear.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #199 on: August 15, 2021, 08:12:31 AM »
Those paint jobs are awesome! Great job on both.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #200 on: August 16, 2021, 02:01:48 AM »
One more example to show me how much I need a 3D printer! These kits look fantastic! And this is one of the best chipping effects I've ever seen! EVER! The Power Droid looks so good, I thought it was meant to be camouflage at first sight. They look awesome on your hangar dio! Thanks so much for sharing! Hasbro will never give us this level of detail and accuracy. So thank the maker for customizing and endless power of creativity.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #201 on: August 16, 2021, 03:03:15 AM »
Having just seen your great A-Wing Dio I can now see these are part of what must be one fantastic B-Wing Dio too. I can't wait to see more of it.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #202 on: August 16, 2021, 02:32:01 PM »
One more example to show me how much I need a 3D printer! These kits look fantastic! And this is one of the best chipping effects I've ever seen! EVER! The Power Droid looks so good, I thought it was meant to be camouflage at first sight. They look awesome on your hangar dio! Thanks so much for sharing! Hasbro will never give us this level of detail and accuracy. So thank the maker for customizing and endless power of creativity.

Thanks! I'm too earging to buy a 3D printer too, there is so much I want to do.

Let's keep creating, and getting better after each piece.

Having just seen your great A-Wing Dio I can now see these are part of what must be one fantastic B-Wing Dio too. I can't wait to see more of it.

The B-wing will be my next ship repaint. This one is getting yellowed, so the time is right.

Besides the ship, I still need a few extra pieces and this floor will be done.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2021, 09:07:17 AM »
Hey, the Legacy Collection Dagger Squadron B-Wing that I have has yellowed as well. It’ll be exciting to see how you repaint yours! I don’t have the TVC B-Wing loose, so I might repaint my Dagger version in ROTJ style. Do you also have the A-Wings released in the TLJ line? I think they’re heavily inspired by McQuarrie’s design. I have the blue one and might pick up the rare red one if I find it.

So the A-Wing on your diorama is actually a repaint? It looks like Green Leader’s A-Wing (TLC, Walmart). I’m looking forward to getting back into building dioramas and customizing this coming winter. Your work is highly motivating!

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2021, 03:01:10 PM »
Hey, the Legacy Collection Dagger Squadron B-Wing that I have has yellowed as well. It’ll be exciting to see how you repaint yours! I don’t have the TVC B-Wing loose, so I might repaint my Dagger version in ROTJ style. Do you also have the A-Wings released in the TLJ line? I think they’re heavily inspired by McQuarrie’s design. I have the blue one and might pick up the rare red one if I find it.

So the A-Wing on your diorama is actually a repaint? It looks like Green Leader’s A-Wing (TLC, Walmart). I’m looking forward to getting back into building dioramas and customizing this coming winter. Your work is highly motivating!

Nice, I'm looking forward to see your new dios and creations. This A-wing of mine is a full repaint of the POTF (this one: http://www.rebelscum.com/potf2awing.asp). Here you can have a better look of the mods I made (basically the cockpit and body damages): https://www.instagram.com/p/CSm6pZBpyoy/

I also got the all tge other A-wings models previously (except the droid's vintage), but to be honest the TLJ is not my favorite design, when I can choose I get the OT material.  0/

This planned B-wing repaint will most likely have the ROTJ colors, I just might change the squad marks as I have the POTJ one displayed in the other space here and I dont want to have 100% identical ships - this A-wing for example, has the ROTJ colors, but her pannels paint and damages are unique.

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2021, 05:09:17 PM »
Snake Pliskin and Red Sonja are both just Fantastic!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 05:11:32 PM by Foxtrot Delta »

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2021, 11:18:21 AM »
Love the weathering on those two droids! Great work!

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2021, 05:51:59 PM »
Snake Pliskin and Red Sonja are both just Fantastic!

Thanks, I have a second Snake on the works (from escape from LA) ;)

Love the weathering on those two droids! Great work!

Thanks, I hope to get more droids done in the future.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2021, 04:36:42 PM »
The droids look great, and the paintjob you did is cool. I still haven't gotten anything from hole in the ground, but i really need to.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #209 on: August 28, 2021, 11:57:59 AM »
The droids look great, and the paintjob you did is cool. I still haven't gotten anything from hole in the ground, but i really need to.

Thanks! You won't regret, they require a minimum effort to work with.