Imperial Creative Engineering > Resources and References

Cool Unusual Diorama Fodder At Dollar Tree!

(1/1)

The Spectre:
I was in a Dollar Tree after work today and spotted this:

$1 gets you a package of 8 micro glass jars with plastic stoppers that are filled with assorted color glitter effects.

There were 7 or 8 different types available but I only purchased 1 of each of the types that would interest customizers (the other types were very "girly" - like micro butterfly/flower/heart/etc. shapes). Each package contains 8 different colors of the same shape glitter.

Spheres:

Strips:

Discs:

Powder:

Flakes (my favorite):

I intend to use most of them as ingredients on shelves and tables for wizards, but I can see them being utilized as "elements" (think MASS Device-type) or food items.

I bet mixing up the different non-metallic spheres would yeild several jars of assorted candies for a scale sweet shop. The flakes would be ideal scale rock candy as well.

Some demo shots to show scale:

Tamer:
Thats pretty cool Dan. They look great. Off to share.

krztfr:
Im a manager at Dollar Tree and I find something new and usefull for customs every week but I never thought of this.

The Spectre:
I plan on modifying the stoppers to look more medieval,  like maybe cork or wood. I also plan on making/painting tiny little labels on the fronts of the jars.

Luke Sprywalker:
Great eye Dan! Thanks for the heads up and I love wht you have done with them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version