Author Topic: UCON @ UCONN  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
UCON @ UCONN
« on: January 25, 2010, 07:42:58 PM »
Just wondering if anyone is planning on attending UCON @ UCONN, from Feb. 5-7. I'm going with a friend, and we wanna try to go both Friday and Saturday, but Saturday is the day we're defiantly going.
 We're not into anime, but the main reason we're going is there's a guy we watch on the internet named "The Nostalgia Critic" aka "That Guy With the Glasses" who reviews entertainment from the 80s-90s and usually rips the bad movies. Plus its something new to do.

For those curious, UCON is a convention based around anime, games, video games, movies, music, and just about any other area of entertainment in the world.  It is a three-day event that will start on Friday February 5th and end on Sunday February 7th.  During this time, there will be tons of activities for participants including: anime and movie screenings, casual video games as well as tournaments, tabletop games, card games, board games, guest speakers from the entertainment industry, panels open for discussion on a variety of topics, and a multitude of performances both user supported and professional.  There will also be a “vendor’s room” open during the entire convention where people can either show and display their goods for sale (relative to the convention itself), or con-goers can walk around, browse, and maybe purchase an item or two.

Here's the site if anyone is interested:  http://sites.google.com/site/uconatuconn/home

I'll be posting an announcement on my youtube channel when it gets closer to the dates of the convention.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: UCON @ UCONN
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 08:11:47 PM »
That sounds cool!  Be sure to take lots of pics and send us a write up!  We look forward to seeing all kinds of events around the world!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 08:21:37 PM »
That sounds cool!  Be sure to take lots of pics and send us a write up!  We look forward to seeing all kinds of events around the world!

Defiantly. I'll be bringing my camcorder for videos. My friend has a digital camera so if my pictures don't come out good I'll use his.

EDIT:  Oops, didn't see the conventions and events section, my apologies! I'm usually good with posting in the right section.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:32:36 PM by Goldleaderone »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 03:42:17 PM »
Got a video up about UCON, just explaining the details and informing everyone that I'll be there.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 05:02:35 PM »
Sounds like a good time,   One day it would be cool to take a few "mini" vacations and hit a series of these cons, but this won't be the year.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 07:37:12 PM »
Well, I'm back from the UCON Convention. Even though it runs until Sunday, the 2 days I was there was good enough. Like I said before, only reason me and a few friends went was to meet "The Nostalgia Critic". The convention was pretty small actually, it was in 1 big room, along with multiple rooms for viewing anime shows. In the main room they had vendors selling random stuff, and on the opposite side of the room they had video games set up. I didn't take many pictures but I did record video quite a bit. The Nostalgia Critic had a Q&A session that I also recorded (I made the mistake of not bringing my tripod - idiot!) as well as an autograph signing afterwords. There were quite a bit of cosplayers there as well.

Day 1 - Friday:  The slowest day of the 2. Got to UCONN, checked out what was in store with the convention. A bit disappointed with what they had, I was expecting a bit more. Met The Nostalgia Critic and talked with him for a bit. Very nice guy, down to earth and loves his fans. Walked around UCONN for a bit, then headed home to a bar for the rest of the night.

Day 2 - Saturday:  Quite a bit more active this day. Arrived at UCONN, went to the theater where the Q&A session was being held. About an hour and a half it went on for, some funny moments. Got the whole thing on camera. Afterwords he went to the 3rd floor for the autograph signing. I got a picture with him as well as an autographed picture. Headed home after that, nothing really exciting about the convention.

Overall, it was fun and I'm glad I went. But again, a bit disappointed in what they had. I guess it was free for a reason lol. Here's a few pics.

Picture with Doug Walker - The Nostalgia Critic aka That Guy With The Glasses

Autograph from Doug

Scout Trooper

Video to be posted soon on my channel, in the next day or two, so stay tuned!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 09:35:54 PM »
Very cool!  Can't wait to see the vids!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 05:16:55 AM »
wicked dave can't wait to see the vid!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 02:18:52 PM »
Finally finished editing the videos. Didn't get a chance to yesterday as it was Superbowl Sunday. There's 2 parts and I'm uploading them now as we speak. Stay tuned!