Author Topic: Planet Comicon Kansas City 2010  (Read 6386 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Planet Comicon Kansas City 2010
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 07:38:34 PM »

Troopers and Heros having some fun.

an R2 unit

members of the 501st

Myself buying something from a vendor

Myself wanting to buy something from a vendor

Here I am in front of the Clint's Comics table

Here I am interrupting Michael Golden's lunch.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 07:44:19 PM »
Squirepec, I was looking for you but would have had a hard time finding you in that crowd. I even had some resin parts in my pocket with your name on em.
   The wife and I walked into the event around 11:00 and man, was it packed. Just walking around was difficult because of the crowd. Lines of various sizes formed up in front of the celebreties tables to meet, greet, and get photo ops and autographs. In attendance this year were, Tom Kane (Yoda), Matthew Wood (General Grevious), and Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka Tano), all voice actors for the Clone Wars animated series. Mira Furlan (Dannielle Rousseau from Lost) and Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk TV series) were also there, as was a whole gaggle of comic book artists including Star WArs ARtists Dave Dorman, Cat Skaggs and Cynthia Martin. Micheal Golden was also there. Costuming members of the 70th Garrison of the 501st, the Heart of the Alliance, The Rebel Legion, and the Mandalorian Mercs were also there. The usual array of vendors were back again and I picked up a few trinkets, a couple of episode 1 figs, a mighty mugg, and an FAO Schwarz Exclusive set of 12 inch figures, all for fair to budget prices. The wifey had a good time at this, her first ever comic book convention and really dug all of the costumes. At this point, I think that talking her into letting me get a set of clone trooper armor would be more possible."I'll take one of those sets of shadow scout armor, please"

How about some pics?

Ashley Eckstein

yours truly with Tom Kane

Matthew Woodhttp

Myself with some trooper friends.

Back shot of my favorite trooper costume of the day.
Clint if you want you can send me the parts.  ;D Me and my grandpa walked in at about noon so I doubt I would have been there while you were there. Would have been nice though. I also wanted that Clone Helmet, till I saw the price.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 07:47:49 PM »

Here is Lou Ferrigno at his table

Notice the simalarities in muscle tone?

More Costumers

The wife really liked this royal guard

Awsome

Vader

Comic Artist table

You gotta love the costuming patrons

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 07:52:21 PM »
True I saw some pretty awesome costumes there. And Clint where you serious about the parts? ;D Jk man.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2010, 08:01:28 PM »

All of the CW voice actors were real personable but Tom Kane (Yoda), who I met last year, seemed like an old friend. He stated that his favorite episode so far was "Ambush" the first seasons pilot episode. When asked about CAD BANE, he told us that he doesn't know when he will return. As he is sent his lines to read and as of yet, Cad Bane hasn't came into his scripted conversations, and since he is now working on the third season's episodes, it's safe to assume that we won't see Cade Bane for a while.

At the 501st table

wifey with some troopers

vendors

Mira Furlan

I think I just got captured

Wifey and her buddies

shadow scout shot

Squirepec,I was Serious but you missed me, I guess. I had my ISY shirt on. It was going to be like Christmas. I was going to meet you and your Grampa, reach into my pocket, and pull em out. Just like Santa Clause.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 08:04:14 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 08:24:41 PM »
Now I'm sad. ;D How many were there I guess I could send the money order for the parts. I was planning on ordering some anyhow.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 08:31:41 PM »
It was just two or three of the new ones. I wasn't going to spoil you that much. You said you found a blockbuster value pack. Which vendor had that one?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 09:12:45 PM »
Looks like it was a fun time!  Too bad you missed each other!  Did you guys get any good buys?

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2010, 09:52:46 PM »
those are some great pics Clint!! that would have been a Blast to go to, what goodies was there to be got?

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2010, 03:52:50 AM »
Well, the one comic shop booth where I got all of the saga figures last year from only had a smaller selection of potf and episode 1 figures for the 2 for $5 price of which I picked up two. From them, I also got to name my own price on this set of FAO Schwarz 12 inch figures which I got for $20 but should have suggested $15. The booth across the isle had the battlefront 2 droid sets for $20 but I skipped on them. There was a booth on the other side of the auditorium that had some GG stuff but it seemed pricey to me. I did pick up a darth revan mighty mugg for $10 which is worth $15 to $20. The two pins and shot glass I picked up were $15 for the lot. There was alot of Marvel and Joe stuff available but I left them alone.

There wasn't nearly as many freebies available, this year.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 06:40:52 AM »
I picked up the blockbuster value pack in the booth over by all the lego stuff. There were only two so I passed on the second one.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 06:51:44 AM »
What a fun day Clint! Thanks for getting up all those images. Time for some front page coverage. Sorry I didn't get online yesterday to get this up and going. Looks great! Loved seeing that t shirt in those pics. Sorry to hear there weren't as many freebees.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 08:01:45 AM »
I have a couple of walk through videos now uploaded that I shot. I am putting one on the front page, now.
How do I get those to the shipyards youtube channel?

here are the embed codes for both. The first one is what I put on the front page. I need a little more practice at the video shooting thing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:09:22 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 12:10:05 PM »
Sweet, I am going to the front page and see if one of these was loaded up. If not, the first one will be. Oh, I pmd you the sign on inforamtion for our Shipyards channel. Thats all you need to load up your vids. Thanks Clint.

Offline poucher

• Cadet
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 01:46:16 PM »
heah clint doe you have a youtube acount , was there any new like action figures like saga ,legacy,30th an,and maybe some overs .oh once can you do a review on that droid  pack i love the sniper in it so cool coler sceme and i love gun from the assult droid