Author Topic: Theyrenotdolls Customs  (Read 5071 times)

Offline lucasclones_strikes_back

• Clone Commander
  • Commander
  • THe skill and creativity of a 12 year old!
Re: Theyrenotdolls Customs
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 02:28:08 PM »
Great figs wookies seem pretty skinny bald... LOL welcome to the yards.

I maybe little but i make one shot and one kill... At a cool custom-one more thing ITSA TRAP!

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 02:32:25 PM »
 0/ WOOKIEE JEDI! Wow, great job! 0/

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 03:21:52 PM »
yOU RwOOKIEE jEDI pOST IS AWESOmE!!

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 03:23:01 PM »
great update now those are some wookies you would not wanna mess with

Offline theyrenotdolls

• Cadet
HELP WITH RECIPE: SOTME LEIA; Re: Theyrenotdolls Customs
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 12:24:18 PM »
i've completed the Luke from this image, but I'm having difficulty with figuring out a good recipe to customize the Leia.

Any suggestions?

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 12:37:43 PM »
Love the Mara Jade dio whats the base from? looks like its from one of the miniture tabletop games

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Re: HELP WITH RECIPE: SOTME LEIA; Re: Theyrenotdolls Customs
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 04:33:31 PM »
i've completed the Luke from this image, but I'm having difficulty with figuring out a good recipe to customize the Leia.

Any suggestions?

The legs from one of those female X-wing pilots would work for the legs, but I think you're gonna have a hard time finding a fig with a turtleneck; I just can't think of any---even GIJoes (especially female bodies).  If you're looking for complete accuracy, then sculpting might be the only way here...

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2012, 06:43:51 PM »
Looks like another job for Apoxie Sculpt to me.

Nice to see an update here. I am looking forward to seeing new images of your customs.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 03:47:02 AM »
wow, great work on the Wookies! also love the Mara dio and her appearance. well done.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 07:07:47 AM »
I agree with what has been said so far. You will have to do some sculpting over a female torso.

Offline theyrenotdolls

• Cadet
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 10:44:46 AM »
agreed...about the turtleneck and the legs.  i'll prob use a twilek female pilot fig or any of the female x-wing pilots for the legs.
the turtleneck is pretty simple too, either a little sculpey flex or maybe i'll glue a rubberband or something.  
I simply cant find any plain female torso's.  also, any idea which leia head (or combo of heads) I should use?

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 11:01:29 AM »
agreed...about the turtleneck and the legs.  i'll prob use a twilek female pilot fig or any of the female x-wing pilots for the legs.
the turtleneck is pretty simple too, either a little sculpey flex or maybe i'll glue a rubberband or something.  
I simply cant find any plain female torso's.  also, any idea which leia head (or combo of heads) I should use?

For plain female torsos try Marvel they have a pretty good selection of female figures and the X-men uniforms dont really have any sculpted details that cant be fixed easily, as Leias head any from New Hope movie works however if your going for prettieness I can't help you there

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 09:04:32 PM »
Bultar Swan from the Koffi Arana and Bultar Swan comic pack.  The legs have no articulation but the upper torso can be used.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 10:56:50 PM »
Ok, I'm gonna put on my HARDCORE 501st minute detail costuming helmet for a minute here and give you some ideas:

I'd go with a modified TVC Bespin Luke belt, cutting the holster off and mounting on the opposite side of the belt. Or an imperial officer belt. You'd probably have to cut out the plastic kama/tunic from below the belt line. That belt buckle is definitely modeled after Imperial styles. Han's is often more hexagonal. and then add an X-wing pilot holster. As for the pants Bultar swan would work well. For the turtle neck, neck, I'd chop a Jes Gistang neck and add it to the top of any plain black shirted female tip. Possibly the bultar swant top, although those joints are nearly white. all stormies have a turtle neck-like neck and looking at the fem trooper's it'd work nicely. Just paint the surface above the black turtle neck fleshtone. For the head I'd retool the best Leia head to date, that being the most current Hoth Leia iteration. And splice the cina-buns from an ANH leia onto it. The gloves are definitely from the same Hoth Leia. You could even work in the Agent Helix bare wrists with them. Or just use those arms entirely. However the Hoth Leia gloves are very well detailed and look like the "leather" ones in this image. The Bultar Swan glows are not nearly as nicely detailed and are a bit big for Leia. Leia would probably have a matching blaster to Luke's and that style can be found in the Luke Skywalker and Deena Shan comic pack (in rebel armor). Keep in mind that Leia is pretty tiny. While her action figures are a bit too small, she's not much taller in the films. So keeping her proportions right will be key.

Alternate legs to use: Marris Brood (I may steal this idea for an updated leia!), The Dark Woman (upper thighs), Jarael (upper thighs). Then I'd add Joe legs for the knees to the feet for some articulation. With a dremel and some good super glue you could even create swivel or ball joints.

I'm excited to see your process on this! Good luck!

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 10:54:29 AM »
Wait, 3P0 and R2 weren't even in that novel...
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.