Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Star Wars Movies

Attack of the clones

(1/2) > >>

JLaban4:
Hi guys, just thought I'd start a topic to talk about Attack of the clones. Enjoy!

halnarthax87:
 ()rr ()rr ()rr

There you are. They are clones and they are attacking.
This is the prequel I have the most conflicted feelings about. I was young when I saw Phantom Menace, so I was the age group they targeted and well, it worked for me. Looking back it's not as good as I remember, but still better than its reputation. AOTC was good at times... when people weren't speaking. And yet... I've come to accept... well, tolerate the dialogue. As annoying as it is, much of Anakin's dialogue serves as good foreshadow.
The real problem I have with this one is that it feels like it's nothing more than a buildup to the third act, when ESB was much more than a buildup. In ESB we delved deeper into the characters, furthered the story, and it stood on its own as a film.
But why focus on the negative? That Christopher Lee is a pretty cool villain. Shame he got all of... I'd say, 15 minutes of screentime.

JLaban4:
AOTC will always be my favourite Star wars episode, I'm not sure why I prefer it to the other episodes like ROTS, ESB, ROTJ etc, well I supose it was the first Realistic Star Wars film that I watched and it's what got me into liking Star Wars in the first place, so I guess that's why I like AOTC so much.

Spookymufu:

--- Quote from: JLaban4 on May 22, 2011, 09:27:45 AM ---Hi guys, just thought I'd start a topic to talk about Attack of the clones. Enjoy!

--- End quote ---

ummm, okay....It was the second of three movies I hated..... :)

halnarthax87:
To each his own. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version