Author Topic: Clonesniper78 Custom figures 6" Farm boy Luke head swap  (Read 122245 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: Custom figures
« Reply #495 on: February 11, 2011, 12:59:18 PM »
Fallout Vegas custom update. I got a POC Cobra Shock Trooper in the mail today. I used his helmet and gasmask. The figure still needs a holster and maybe a little dirty weathering. Enjoy.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #496 on: February 11, 2011, 01:50:54 PM »
EXTRAORDINARY!!!  this is a$$ kicking awesome, love this guy!!! the mask is the cherry on the cake.
also a clever presentation/setup!

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #497 on: February 11, 2011, 02:19:49 PM »
WOW cs that is fantastic i am very impressed you captured that character perfectly no if that game was as good bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #498 on: February 11, 2011, 03:09:30 PM »
if anyone has played killzone or killzone 2 or if your some sony " tester " then killzone 3 , then you will think  HELLGHAST!!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #499 on: February 11, 2011, 03:53:24 PM »
I do believe that you have nailed it, tom!  Very nice.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #500 on: February 11, 2011, 04:20:49 PM »
Very nice Tom!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #501 on: February 11, 2011, 06:44:27 PM »
Yeah that looks great!  I'm not 100% sold on the snake eyes torso underneath the coat, although it works I would have picked something with more substance like one of the armored torsos.  To me the snake eyes torso is very bland... of course in a wasteland setting bland works too! 

I think once you put some holsters on there and do some weathering to bring out the details it will be greatly improved.

That cobra shocktrooper mask is pretty killer.  I've yet to see any of that wave of joes and am very close to ordering them direct from hasbro....

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #502 on: February 11, 2011, 10:43:54 PM »
Yeah that looks great!  I'm not 100% sold on the snake eyes torso underneath the coat, although it works I would have picked something with more substance like one of the armored torsos.  To me the snake eyes torso is very bland... of course in a wasteland setting bland works too!  

I think once you put some holsters on there and do some weathering to bring out the details it will be greatly improved.

That cobra shocktrooper mask is pretty killer.  I've yet to see any of that wave of joes and am very close to ordering them direct from hasbro....
Yeah I debated whether or not to use that torso. I was thinking of using , and might still, the reactive armor torso and transfer over the Snake Eyes arms and legs.
For the shock trooper, he is totally killer. He comes with many accessories. I paid a little extra for him on e-bay, but it was worth it. Oh yeah I forgot to mension he has extra arty hands like the TCW Clone troopers. The newest version of Snake Eyes that comes with an extra head also has the extra arty hands. These two figures are arguably the best Joes that have ever come out. The new Beachhead is sweet too and comes with a ton of accessories. Is it just me or is Zartan begging to become a custom Sithlord?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #503 on: February 12, 2011, 06:10:53 AM »
super arty hands is a nice thing to hear!  That gets me excited. 

The zartan is also one I realy want for that armor he's got on.  I've got the beachead, that fig is actually the one I used the mask from to make my fallout figure.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #504 on: February 17, 2011, 11:22:23 PM »
Alright guys here is my " Mini Sideshow Captain Rex". I took the 3 3/4" Rex from the ARC trooper pack and cut the top and sides of his back armor that bulges out. Then I peeled it down and dremeled, drilled, and cut a hole inside his back armor to fit one of those little high powered magnets. Then I took a Jango Fett jetpack and cut out the peg and glued in another magnet. Then I painted the jetpack to more resemble the jetpack that comes with the Sideshow 12" Captain Rex. To make him the ultimate 3 3/4" Rex you could give him ARF hips and a softgoods kama, but I didn't want to fool around too much with my only ARC battlepack Rex. Enjoy, comments appreciated.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #505 on: February 17, 2011, 11:24:50 PM »
continued... you can hardly tell I fooled around with the back of his armor, and his pauldron helps hide the hairline cracks from where I cut his back open.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:35:43 PM by CloneSniper78 »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #506 on: February 18, 2011, 05:06:13 AM »
Looks great Tom. So the other magnet is inside his torso? They must be strong!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #507 on: February 18, 2011, 05:57:26 AM »
Great use of the magnets: creates a really smooth way to keep figs looking streamlined without peg holes.  That Rex is coooollll!   :o

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #508 on: February 18, 2011, 06:35:02 AM »
Nice job on the magnet work, Tom. Yeah, that bp rex is the best release of a rex so far.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #509 on: February 18, 2011, 08:05:52 AM »
Thats an awesome rex man!