Author Topic: Clonesniper78 Custom figures 6" Farm boy Luke head swap  (Read 122245 times)

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Custom figures
« Reply #345 on: December 24, 2010, 08:08:02 AM »
Just a thought.  The shorter Boba could be a Kal Skirata since he is mentioned as being shorter than his boys.  Just a thought.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #346 on: December 24, 2010, 08:38:08 AM »
I finally got this boba on the front page where it belongs. Nice work once again.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #347 on: December 24, 2010, 09:38:16 AM »
Boba Fett...best in the galaxy.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #348 on: December 24, 2010, 09:44:22 AM »
Just a thought.  The shorter Boba could be a Kal Skirata since he is mentioned as being shorter than his boys.  Just a thought.

Thats a good idea!!  I like the Jango head on that figure it seems to fit well for some reason.  I also think your repaint of the blaster looks absolutely fantastic!

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #349 on: December 24, 2010, 09:45:07 PM »

Thats a good idea!!  I like the Jango head on that figure it seems to fit well for some reason.  I also think your repaint of the blaster looks absolutely fantastic!
Thank you lucasclones! This has been a fun year for me. I guess I've come a long way since my first post back in May. I hope next year is even more fun. I hope to pull of a dio in 2011, but we'll see......

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #350 on: December 25, 2010, 01:05:01 AM »
excellent work tom
now it's a perfect Boba Fett figure

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #351 on: December 25, 2010, 07:26:06 AM »
Merry Christmas!

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #352 on: December 25, 2010, 08:06:39 AM »
merry christmas

harry

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #353 on: December 25, 2010, 09:18:28 AM »
Merry Christmas to ALL!!!!!

Hey guys I started a new thread in the General Hasbro Collecting section to show pics of what you got for Christmas. Show us what you got!!!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 09:21:30 AM by CloneSniper78 »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #354 on: December 26, 2010, 05:55:08 AM »
I liked seeing the pattern you used for the flac vest.  that realy helps!  I've been wanting to try this on one of my figures for a while since seeing darklords boba.  I expect several of us will eventually emulate his work! 

yours looks great!  I'm wondering how this technique might look placed over the new bespin luke figure since it has ball jointed torso and hip joints... might give the end resulting figure more range of motion...  might wind up trying this out on mine.

Something else I was pondering was using velcro on the vest's lower half so that it is removable... or use stretch cord even?

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #355 on: December 26, 2010, 02:50:14 PM »
I liked seeing the pattern you used for the flac vest.  that realy helps!  I've been wanting to try this on one of my figures for a while since seeing darklords boba.  I expect several of us will eventually emulate his work! 

yours looks great!  I'm wondering how this technique might look placed over the new bespin luke figure since it has ball jointed torso and hip joints... might give the end resulting figure more range of motion...  might wind up trying this out on mine.

Something else I was pondering was using velcro on the vest's lower half so that it is removable... or use stretch cord even?
Spuda, I've been thinking the same thing about the vest. If you can find thin velcro it would be sweet. I think stretch cord might work too. Do you think Hobby Lobby or a store like it sells stretch cord? I was also thinking of using the same helmet as Darklord but hollowing it out and using a Jango head on the figure. I just bought all the different Bobas on ebay that Darklord used and I'm gonna make another "better boba" . If he had a removeable vest and helmet and maybe even gauntlets that would be a seriously awesome Boba. And even interchangeable hands (gloves/no gloves). And then maybe finish him off with a poncho that he wears like Jango did but a different color or maybe Boba kept his dad's old poncho and still wears it..... interesting......if you're gonna tackle a project like this let me know how it goes, or just show us what you're doing in you're thread. Good luck and may the force be with you on this one.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #356 on: December 27, 2010, 02:59:58 PM »
I found some better cloth to use for my next Boba custom. The thread has a tighter weave. It also already has glue applied to the back side that sticks if you iron it or get it hot. I'll let you know or show you how it works when I try it. Wish me luck.

Offline trooperfelks

• Commander
« Reply #357 on: December 27, 2010, 05:20:58 PM »
good luck hope that stuff works . let us know ?
One shall stand < one shall fall

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #358 on: December 28, 2010, 11:45:49 AM »
I got some 1/4" knit elastic. I'm going to try to make the Boba vest removeable.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #359 on: December 28, 2010, 12:47:36 PM »
Did some experimenting with Bespin Luke today. I found that Jango's head fits his nub perfectly. If I can find an extra Luke I might use this body instead of the Imperial Scanning Crew guy. I put the removeable helmet on him just to get an idea of what he would look like. I will hollow out a more film accurate helmet for the actual custom. I also took a pic of Luke dressed up like Boba. If anyone has a Bespin Luke they could trade me that would be great.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 12:55:24 PM by CloneSniper78 »