Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 110175 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.
« Reply #645 on: January 28, 2023, 06:00:09 AM »
Now that looks pretty awesome. Love the lighting stuff you are doing. Take this latest to the front paegs.

Wish Hasbro would offers some "kits"

I ain't no wiring genius, but would love to light some stuff up like this.

I get the LEDs from Evans designs https://evandesigns.com/
It's just plug and play, red to red black to black. All the resisters and stuff are built in. Just order the proper bulb for the battery you're using.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #646 on: January 28, 2023, 06:04:13 AM »
Wow, thank you for sharing the link! Their prices are more than fair! Great stuff there, I always dreamed of putting some lights in a 1/18 scale die-cast car. And if I had the skills would even do an American police car with all those crazy light patterns...what a time to be alive.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #647 on: January 28, 2023, 06:05:45 AM »
Wow, seems more than reasonable and some of this is ready to install right off.

Thanks, time to share this too.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #648 on: January 28, 2023, 07:46:25 AM »
I gotta say JDeck after your fantastic work on those 3D printed hologram accessories, you do even more amazing work on those launching effects. I agree with you on that Child Rescue set. There's no way that I pay 95€ for that set.
I'll definitely look into this technique you shared and get some LEDs from AliExpress soon. This looks just awesome!
Thanks for sharing and congrats to all those crazy cool light effects to be added to your epic collection!

Thank you. I like practical effects. A lot of people just photoshop, but I'm not good with computers, so I keep it old school. I'll make the stormtrooper rocket launcher effect. Next round of LEDs I'll mabe get some for jetpacks.
Wow, thank you for sharing the link! Their prices are more than fair! Great stuff there, I always dreamed of putting some lights in a 1/18 scale die-cast car. And if I had the skills would even do an American police car with all those crazy light patterns...what a time to be alive.

I like the Fire lights and the Welding lights.  I'll throw one or both in the cart every purchase. Can never have too much fire.
Wow, seems more than reasonable and some of this is ready to install right off.

Thanks, time to share this too.
I've been buying from them for years, never had a problem. Their customer service is great. One time I bought the wrong bulbs for the battery pack and they sent an email and adjusted the order. I bought 8-12v bulbs and a 9v battery. I figured it would still work, but they didn't think so.
That's great! He'd look cool in a night-time diorama especially. The effect is excellent any way you cut it.

Yeah definitely. I don't know how I'm going to use it. I can always temporarily swap jetpacks with the deathwatch mando, or morak fett, or axe woves if I want to use them.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 08:07:13 AM by JDeck »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #649 on: January 28, 2023, 09:10:01 AM »
Awesome micro LED work here. I'm definitely impressed with what you've managed. I'm thinking of doing something similar but with mini LEDs from gundam model kits. I've heard positive things about them. And for the money, they are not outrageous. Great work once again!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #650 on: January 29, 2023, 01:57:43 AM »
Awesome work JD and the LED knocks this out of the park 10/10

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #651 on: January 31, 2023, 07:23:49 PM »
Awesome micro LED work here. I'm definitely impressed with what you've managed. I'm thinking of doing something similar but with mini LEDs from gundam model kits. I've heard positive things about them. And for the money, they are not outrageous. Great work once again!

Thank you!. The "Z" chip LEDs are almost as small as a fiber optic, super tiny. Evans makes really good products. Of couse I've never tried gundam LEDs. They make awesome kits. I've gotten some detail sets from them, just for greebles and they're made of real metal, just really detailed, so im sure their light kits are great as well.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #652 on: January 31, 2023, 07:26:36 PM »
Awesome work JD and the LED knocks this out of the park 10/10

Ron

Thank you! Not much effort really. The only trick is getting just the right amount of cotton and fluff, to make convincing smoke. I was playing with the idea of using hairspray to keep the cotton in a certain state of fluff.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #653 on: May 13, 2023, 05:31:10 PM »
I made a Major Bludd inspired Imperial.
Major Bluud was a fearsome pirate hunter for the Galactic Empire. Before and during the Clone Wars Bluud was a pirate himself. Working for the Galgrebian government first raiding Trade Federation ships, then after the Trade Federation Alliance was signed during the Clone Wars, he raided Republic ships. When the Empire took control of Galgrebaa, they offered amnesty to any pirate who would turn from piracy and join the Empire. Bluud agreed, and was tasked with hunting the Wookiee Captain. Bluud almost captured him, but something went wrong and The Wookiee Captain tore his arm from it's socket and got away. Bluud was given a penal battalion of criminals, insubordinates, and bad eggs to hunt the Wookiee pirates on Kashyyyk. Until they were captured his past deeds would never be redeemed. That day would never come, as he was killed by his own men, for being too brutal towards innocent wookiees to drive their pirate compatriots out. His assassins would soon after go on the run and turn to piracy themselves.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 08:27:43 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #654 on: May 13, 2023, 05:36:10 PM »
Still figuring out this app. Put it this way it's simplified, which isn't bad, but it's different. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 08:32:13 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #655 on: May 13, 2023, 10:00:32 PM »
Love that backstory! Bluud looks good, I really like the concept and the Danny Trejo head works really well for him :)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #656 on: May 13, 2023, 10:26:27 PM »
Love that backstory! Bluud looks good, I really like the concept and the Danny Trejo head works really well for him :)
Oh yeah I forgot the recipe. I got a bundle of painted heads from an ebay seller spartan118mx he's from Mexico, which I thought would be more likely to actually get and in a timely fashion, and it was. Yes this is the Danny Trejo head, which I guess is a little too recognizable, especially seeing he was in TBOBF. I just thought he'd make a really good major Bludd. I had this idea for a truly badass imperial officer, for the last 8 years, finally the parts came together. Anyways, the body of course is the Andor Aldhani mission, the forearm is the BAD HK-50, and Han ATST driver helmet.
Yeah Bluud is a tragic story. Really all he wanted to do was retire.  His past decisions doomed him, he couldn't break free of the pirate life. Even though he was just following orders from the governments he was contracted with. The problem was, governments can be replaced, and alliances changed.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 10:47:32 PM by JDeck »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #657 on: May 14, 2023, 02:04:24 AM »
Awesome backstory! All that's missing is a wpokie pelt cloak or cape. I feel Imperials would do something like that...
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #658 on: May 14, 2023, 06:00:07 AM »
That is one awesome Walker Commander. Looks awesome.

Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #659 on: May 14, 2023, 10:18:26 AM »
Awesome backstory! All that's missing is a wpokie pelt cloak or cape. I feel Imperials would do something like that...

Yeah! Major Bludd had dogtags as trophies, this guy needs something. I'll see what I can do, either wookiee braids or a fur collar jacket or cape.