Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Gaming Corner

Batman: Arkham Asylum

(1/1)

Phatty:
Holy Freakin Sweet, Batman!  This game is phenomenal!  I got it for Christmas after playing the Demo, and I haven't played a game this fun in a LONG time.  There is so much to do, you can spend hours at a time playing and never get bored!  Besides the main story plot, there are The Riddler's Clues to follow for extras, such as finding cryptic writings by Amadeus Arkham hidden all throughout his island, Riddler Clues, Solve Riddles, find Interview Tapes, and so much more.  You can activate "Detective Mode" vision, to see hidden areas when you get stuck.  There is sneaking around, silently attacking enemies, flat out attacking enemies, trapping enemies, evading enemies, and more.  You can use your grapple gun to reach all kinds of areas.  There are several upgrades to your equipment, and some open options that you had to pass up in previous areas!

The graphics in this game are absolutely incredible.  The detail is so rich, the 3-D so intense, it's like playing a super advanced cartoon.  The cut scenes are the exact same as the graphics used in game play.  The sound effects are great as well.

The premise is, you have captured the Joker after putting up almost no fight.  He breaks free inside the Asylum, and Batman chases after him, only to be trapped inside with the entire Asylum's inmate population, including such super villains as Killer Croc, Scarecrow, Bane, Harley Quinn, and many more.  I'm only about 25% through the game so far (according to the game's records) and have only collected 75/240 Riddler clues, and have been playing for about 16 hours total so far, just to give you an idea of how big this game is.

I wish every game was built this way.  Enough to do to keep you busy for quite some time, but not repetitive.  Rich graphics and sound, excellent story.  If you have not picked this game up, trust me when I say you will NOT be disappointed.  This has to be, hands down, the BEST Batman game ever made.  I wish they'd make a Captain America, Green Lantern, Superman, or even The Punisher in this very same style. 

clonemedic96:
i too love this game, i got it once it came out and i have never seen any video game with this much action, storyline, so on and so on, me and my brother beat this game after a week of playing non stop (we got all the riddles, i wont give away what happens when you get all of them), anyway my favorite part about this game is the fighting system, its not just punch, kick, punch, kick repeat. its punch, kick, dodge, break his arm, flip him over, punch him in the face, grapple up to the gargoyle, swoop down and kick another guy and then repeat and its AWESOME!!!!

James T. Kirk:
Reading your review makes me want to get this game even more! There's just too many good games coming out, and it's hard to get them and also collect Star wars stuff at the same time. I'd like to rent this game, but I know that five days won't be enough to beat it.

Phatty:
Lately, I've been thinking Gamefly might be a good option.  $8.99/month to rent games delivered to your house, no due dates, no late fees.  There are about 5 games out right now that I want to play, and just not enough time in the day to play all of them!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version