Author Topic: Star Wars: The Battlefront Project - Pandemic BF I & II - EA/DICE BF I & II  (Read 18409 times)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Re: Star Wars: The Battlefront Project - Pandemic BF I & II - EA/DICE BF I & II
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2020, 02:24:03 AM »
I really like the mix of grey and red. I can't wait to see more detailed pics of the phase II armour version.
Excellent work.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
FialaFernbrugg: Thank you, buddy! I got enough bootleg and original Clones to go full speed in customizing.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 04:16:22 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Destroyer Droid

Version 3 - modded & repainted
by Darth More's Customs

I do not own this image. Source: Wookieepedia

Here's my 3rd Version of the Droideka. This one is modded, repainted based on its appearance in STAR WARS: Battlefront 2 by EA.

"Great. Rolling death balls."
    -- Ahsoka Tano, on droidekas

"Droidekas, also known as destroyer droids (destroyers for short), or as rollies in clone trooper slang, were a type of droid used by the Trade Federation during the Invasion of Naboo and, later, by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. Manufactured by the Colicoids on Colla IV, droidekas were dangerous and deadly, designed to exterminate their adversaries with extreme prejudice. They could transform their shape by curling into a ball and moving up to 75 kilometers per hour across a surface, or stand on three legs and utilize a shield generator while firing at a target. Before the Invasion of Naboo, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn had to face droidekas on a Droid Control Ship."
Source: Wookieepedia

Details:

I kept this version somewhat darker and in better condition than both previous versions. This time around I painted it only with acrylic colors by Citadel:

- Primer: Citadel's Black Primer (Spray Paint)
- First Layer of Bronze (dark): Base: Warlock Bronze (dry-brush)
- Second Layer of Bronze (light): Layer: Sycorax Bronze (dry-brush)
- Body: Boltgun Metal (dry-brush)
- Details:
-- Visors: Layer: Evil Sunz Scarlet
-- Energy Cells: Layer: Brass Scorpion

Comparison:

You can take a closer look at my previous versions by clicking on the links below:

- Version 1: TPM 1999 Destroyer Droid modded & repainted

- Version 2: TAC 2007 Destroyer Droid modded & repainted

Reference Material:

Picture taken from Star Wars HQ (video embedded below). I don't not own this image.

Video: New Droideka (2019) vs Old Droideka (2005) Gameplay!
 - Star Wars Battlefront 2
by YouTube channel Star Wars HQ

« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 04:32:39 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Meticulous source material and just excellent execution on this one.

Off to share it on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
I really like the paint job, it looks great. You did a great job paying attention to all the color details. Nice job!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
I agree, the color is perfect.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
I think version III is your best Droideka so far but all of them are phenomenal.
Your painting skills keep getting better and better.
Excellent work.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Tamer: Thank you so much, Shawn! I really appreciate you featuring my customs on here  [at1]

Starchaser: Thank you a lot! I felt like making a Droideka in somewhat better condition. And I only used Citadel paints on this one this time around. And I think that's the way to paint the only folded one I have, which will be featured in my next update.

FialaFernbrugg: Thank you! I'm also quite happy with the result. The next repaint is already in the works!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
That bronze looks really snappy! Love how it turned out.   ()rr
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Thank you so much! Now I can also add one more vocab to my word bank: snappy
It's great to see you back around! More comments on your updated Fordo after the jump!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
You have that brown metallic look down perfect. I don't know that I have seen it better.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2021, 09:41:05 AM »
Thanks Tamer! I'm learning more and more about metal effects and chipping. Hope you'll like my next project as well!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2021, 09:43:04 AM »
Last week I finally got to customize a batch of figures, again. And if that wasn't special enough already a friend of mine came over and we painted figures and were creative together like in the good ole days. Back in 2009 we planned & built our first diorama together and wanted it to be modular. So the past weekend and days following it were very special to me. It's good to see some friends again after a very stressful time.
Feels good to be back with an

IG-100 Magna Guard
blue metallic version

Reference Material:

I've been amazed by the blue version of the Magna Guard since I got the illustrated encyclopedia from DK. Spent some good time going through this very detailed book.

Making of:

For the metallic effect I used two email colors, which are more durable than acrylic paints, especially on joints. First, I dry-brushed Revell's #91 Iron onto the black base coat. Then, I applied dabbed tads of flat blue onto the Magna Guard according to the reference material. It's not chipping per definition, but it achieves the effect.

Details:

Working on my recent project taught me quite a bit about metal effects. Even though there are better chipping effects out there, I'm quite happy with how this one turned out.

Comparison:

On page 4 of this thread I shared how I made this Black Edition of General Grievous. You can take a closer look at him here.

My collection of CIS customs is growing. I really hope we'll see some of the being updated for The Vintage Collection. We haven't seen a Destroyer Droid released since the Movie Heroes line of 2012. An all-new Super Battle Droid would be nice as well as a return of the Dwarf Spider Droid. And what about a small Crab Droid as seen on Utapau in Revenge of the Sith? You can take a look at my latest version of the NR-N99 Tank Droid after the jump. This project also included some chipping of metallic paints.

While painting I love listening to music. It's relaxing and the peek of quality time for me when I need some time on my own. Today I discovered this brilliant playlist. And I highly recommend to you to check it out!

Palpatine's Gamble - Battle Over Coruscant (Main Menu Music)

Preview:

Stay tuned for more customs over the weekend. Fabian & I worked on several figures last weekend and I finished most of them during the week.

This IG-100 unit was a fun project and it's always rewarding to work with metal paints. Next one will be a repaint of the Vintage Collection version. The ROTS one was just a test, didn't dare to aim at the much rarer VC18 figure.

For more Magna Guard action check out the customs thread of RC-1138 here!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 01:44:56 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2021, 06:13:19 AM »
Very nice. Man that sure does look a lot nice than the regular figure.

I look forward to seeing your diorama.

You ones in waiting look to already be off to good starts too.

To the front pages with this update.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2021, 05:59:11 AM »
The chipping in that magna guard turned out cool. I like the shine to that mandos armor. Was that a spray?