Author Topic: Mission Series 3 and 3/4"  (Read 5633 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Mission Series 3 and 3/4"
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 11:42:03 AM »
I actually want that probe droid.  Maybe he'll be easy to mold & cast...

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 04:40:42 PM »
I want the Seeker Droid, anyone know of a kid that might want a 5POA Vader?
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 08:16:16 AM »
Just Spotted the mission series at Toys R Us several towns over, haven't seen it elsewhere all of them are available. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 05:26:52 PM »
Looks like we are getting a Bespin Luke and Vader Pack along with Obi-Wan and Grievous Set. Frankly, I don't know if I am gonna buy any more of these.

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 09:52:27 PM »
and of course freaking walmart carries these pieces of crap over the black series.....curse you Walmart!

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 10:38:38 PM »
and of course freaking walmart carries these pieces of crap over the black series.....curse you Walmart!

Stores here are carrying this cheap rubbish over the Black Series too.  My local Kmart is clogged with the 5POA rubbish...no Black Series in sight.  I fear that this cheap rubbish will be the main stay in stores and the Black Series will be hit and miss at retail as stores go for the cheaper option.
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 03:37:18 AM »
I am sure we will hear how great a success it is when we talk to Hasbro this week. I think they should have taken a different route if they wanted to save a few dollars on action figures like perhaps just reusing existing molds. Add in the problem of some of these coming with some atrocious paint work and we are seeing a serious threat of even more peg warming. I know the first wave of these is the only thing still left on the pegs after Christmas for the most part in my local wal mart.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:41:27 AM by Tamer »

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 01:57:23 PM »
yeah these things are freaking peg warmers along with the Superman crappy figures, wave 1 of these are plentiful at my local Walmart.  I don't understand why Hasbro hasn't done exactly what you said Tamer?  Save money and keep the price down by reusing the older molds.  I hope retailers will grow tired of these peg warmers and not purchase anymore.  This is why I believe a grass roots campaign talking to the retailers would be effective in preventing this.  If we are not gonna buy this crap, why would retailers want to purchase them in the first place.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 03:36:01 PM »
yeah these things are freaking peg warmers along with the Superman crappy figures, wave 1 of these are plentiful at my local Walmart.  I don't understand why Hasbro hasn't done exactly what you said Tamer?  Save money and keep the price down by reusing the older molds.  I hope retailers will grow tired of these peg warmers and not purchase anymore.  This is why I believe a grass roots campaign talking to the retailers would be effective in preventing this.  If we are not gonna buy this crap, why would retailers want to purchase them in the first place.

Totally agree.  These Mission Series figures are peg warming BIG time in my area and surrounding suburbs.  Retailers have over ordered I think with them...they're like cockroaches: EVERYWHERE.  That Probe Droid that comes with the Vader is the best one of the lot and I purchased that 2 pack just for the droid...the Vader went into a plastic bag never to be seen again...not even my daughter wanted it!!!.

I'm concerned that these 5POA figures will be the way of the future....look at what we have now and with Rebels being 5POA the future for the ST merchandise isn't looking promising SA wise.   If Hasbro can pump out cheap quality merchandise and have it sell then they'll keep pumping the crap out.  These MS figures have no film or TV show to push them at retail...when Rebels comes out the 5POA merchandise crap will sell and that'll give Hasbro a positive feedback of sorts to do more of it...sadly.
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 03:43:35 AM »
I'm concerned that these 5POA figures will be the way of the future....look at what we have now and with Rebels being 5POA the future for the ST merchandise isn't looking promising SA wise.   If Hasbro can pump out cheap quality merchandise and have it sell then they'll keep pumping the crap out.  These MS figures have no film or TV show to push them at retail...when Rebels comes out the 5POA merchandise crap will sell and that'll give Hasbro a positive feedback of sorts to do more of it...sadly.

One of the questions we are planning on making sure we ask Hasbro this coming weekend is what articulation the are envisioning at this point for the EP 7 Figures. I am not hopeful about the answer at this point.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2014, 12:40:35 PM »
IF Hasbro say that 5POA will be the way of the future from Rebels onwards then my collecting days are done and dusted.  I'll chase down the last few older figures I need/want then I'll be calling it a day.  5POA in this day and age is unacceptable and it's just Hasbro cutting corners IMO.  5POA may have been okay back in the 70's and 80's and in the POTF2 days but these days will the advances in tooling and all that good stuff 5POA is just a cheap, nasty and cost cutting way to get merchandise out.  I won't be a part of it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 01:08:05 PM »
I think we are all getting close to being at that point WD.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2014, 01:17:23 PM »

Yep...the line in the sand for me is fast approaching.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2014, 06:43:17 AM »

Yep...the line in the sand for me is fast approaching.

For me there is too much high end stuff that has such great quality that I would have a lot more deniro for if I gave up Hasbro.

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2014, 11:24:14 AM »
IF Hasbro say that 5POA will be the way of the future from Rebels onwards then my collecting days are done and dusted.  I'll chase down the last few older figures I need/want then I'll be calling it a day.  5POA in this day and age is unacceptable and it's just Hasbro cutting corners IMO.  5POA may have been okay back in the 70's and 80's and in the POTF2 days but these days will the advances in tooling and all that good stuff 5POA is just a cheap, nasty and cost cutting way to get merchandise out.  I won't be a part of it.

There is a chance the new stuff from rebels dont see the light of day.....my local Target and Walmart will not stock new waves of SW figures unless the ones on the shelves sell first.  Only now was I able to come across a darth plageius and then it was quickly replaced with another wave 1 assortment and nothing new for over a month.  Is it like that where you guys are at?