Author Topic: Viper Aviator's Composites  (Read 7154 times)

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
Re: Viper Aviator's Composites
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 02:19:28 PM »
Viper, these are looking superb!!!

Now you need to start playing with the ships, adding shadows and altering brightness/contrast to suit their surroundings!

Also for lights check out some of the many Photoshop Lightsabre tutorials on YouTube. Applying some new, complex techniques will also add to your understanding of the software, and will get you moving around some of the more interesting tools.

You are such a great contributor to this forum, I would love to see your skills develop as you have an amazing and inspirational imagination.

Great suggestions Jules, I'll definitely take your advice, you never steered me wrong before.
Sweet stuff VA. On the front page!

Tamer, thanks again for the Front Page. It means a lot to me!

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 10:43:26 AM »
A render of the Imperial Defense Fleet engaged in Combat Operations over the remote planet on Mantooine. Modified from a publicly photo it include specific lighting effect, laser effects and a final render in lite oil ENJOY

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 12:09:59 PM »
great light FX :thumbsup:
they add a lot!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 07:35:36 AM »
Great new rendition of the Star Destroyer and TIE's!   Looking forward to what you've got up your sleeve next!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 11:19:29 PM »
wow
the power of the Empire in all its splendor
phenomenl image VA

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 06:34:27 AM »
I so need to invent some time so I can work on the wallpaper section. These would make some cool wallpapers or computer backgrounds.

Offline KesselRunImports

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2011, 11:06:38 AM »
Thanks for all of the wonderful complements, now for the next one. "The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy" the famous YT-1300 Millennium Falcon, rendered in light oil with a custom backround to represent  Kessel and enhanced lighting effects for the front mandible flood lights, lens flare, and aircraft style running lights.

I like the look of the stuff you have here. I'd like to know more about your way of doing it. What process are you referring to when you say "rendered in light oil"?

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2011, 11:14:48 AM »
Thanks for all of the wonderful complements, now for the next one. "The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy" the famous YT-1300 Millennium Falcon, rendered in light oil with a custom backround to represent  Kessel and enhanced lighting effects for the front mandible flood lights, lens flare, and aircraft style running lights.

I like the look of the stuff you have here. I'd like to know more about your way of doing it. What process are you referring to when you say "rendered in light oil"?

Hi KesselRunImports, Thank you for the very nice compliment about my work. In answer to your question, what I mean by being rendered in light oil is actually an "oil painting" filter on Photoshop, where you could take any image adjusting the light, size of the brush strokes and the intensity.

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 12:30:51 PM »
While undertaking a mission of exploration in the Unknown Regions for new worlds to bring into the 1st Galactic Empire, The Super Star Destroyer Allegiance comes across a small blue planet, the third from it's sun in a system of 9 planets that has a thriving, but ultimately primitive civilization.

Offline jedi_randy

• Lieutenant
    • Tales from the Mos Eisley Carinderia
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 04:37:16 PM »
While undertaking a mission of exploration in the Unknown Regions for new worlds to bring into the 1st Galactic Empire, The Super Star Destroyer Allegiance comes across a small blue planet, the third from it's sun in a system of 9 planets that has a thriving, but ultimately primitive civilization.

Uh-oh, here they come! :)

That's a nasty looking Imp Destroyer ready to pounce on poor defenseless Earth :)

[Using the Force, Yoda effortlessly frees the X-Wing from the bog]
Luke: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you fail.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 02:27:29 AM »
Some excellent renderings VA, I love the the one with the Ties, plus seen your image on the front page of your interpretation of Road Warrior's ship...that thing is awesome!

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 09:11:27 AM »
Here is a modification originally done for the game Star Wars Battlefront II, it depicts the last stand of the Alliance to Restore the Republic on the remote planet of Hoth. The image was modified by re-doing the lighting source, modification of the "muzzle flash" from the blaster and laser cannons and utilizing a filter to render the image in oil style. ENJOY!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 10:06:19 AM »
Sweet, on the front page. I like that environment.  8)

Offline jedi_randy

• Lieutenant
    • Tales from the Mos Eisley Carinderia
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 07:14:04 PM »
Here is a modification originally done for the game Star Wars Battlefront II, it depicts the last stand of the Alliance to Restore the Republic on the remote planet of Hoth. The image was modified by re-doing the lighting source, modification of the "muzzle flash" from the blaster and laser cannons and utilizing a filter to render the image in oil style. ENJOY!

Art did one for AFE, now Viper makes his own version. What is it with these awesome Hoth scenes? Intense!

[Using the Force, Yoda effortlessly frees the X-Wing from the bog]
Luke: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you fail.

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 09:39:18 PM »
Thanks jedi_randy, believe me there is a LOT more to come. Tamer, thanks for the spot on the FP, I'm truly honored!