Author Topic: Toys "R" Us  (Read 46690 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Toys "R" Us
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2009, 08:33:07 AM »
wait, you can do overseas shipping online?

do tell, I always end up going to the post.

Yepper, certain types and fill out the customs forms and print it too. Just check out www.usps.com.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2009, 10:39:13 AM »
I will check it out.  I mostly use paypal, since I can use my label printer, but I'll head over there, now.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2009, 12:22:19 PM »
Well, I spent my lunch hour driving 30 minutes (each way) in a blinding rain storm to explore a TRU I have never been to in search of the new TCW Battlepack.

When I walked in, I immediately spied the telltale red packaging and sure enough, there was the new TLC Endor BP right there on the shelf. At this point, I am totally psyched because I KNOW these are part of the same case assortment as the Rishi Moon BP. So I start looking through the shelves, hmmm...Vulture's Claw, Vulture's Claw, BOOM - GELAGRUB. So I am really getting excited, keep looking...Jabba's Palace, Jabba's Palace, Jabba's Palace.

WTF?

That's it. That's ALL they had. NO RISHI MOON BATTLE PACK!!! So I go up to the front to check the stock count and computer shows 8 on the shelves. But there's only 7. So where's the other one?!?!

I went back and searched for about 20 more minutes to see if someone had stashed it but no luck. What a vicious tease. SO close, and yet so far. Major bummer.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2009, 01:30:19 PM »
You gotta admire someone with that type of dedication to the hunt! You want me to pick one up if I see it?

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2009, 02:13:29 PM »
Well, I spent my lunch hour driving 30 minutes (each way) in a blinding rain storm to explore a TRU I have never been to in search of the new TCW Battlepack.

When I walked in, I immediately spied the telltale red packaging and sure enough, there was the new TLC Endor BP right there on the shelf. At this point, I am totally psyched because I KNOW these are part of the same case assortment as the Rishi Moon BP. So I start looking through the shelves, hmmm...Vulture's Claw, Vulture's Claw, BOOM - GELAGRUB. So I am really getting excited, keep looking...Jabba's Palace, Jabba's Palace, Jabba's Palace.

WTF?

That's it. That's ALL they had. NO RISHI MOON BATTLE PACK!!! So I go up to the front to check the stock count and computer shows 8 on the shelves. But there's only 7. So where's the other one?!?!

I went back and searched for about 20 more minutes to see if someone had stashed it but no luck. What a vicious tease. SO close, and yet so far. Major bummer.

I might get shot for telling you this...but check in the toddler's section in the playhouses, sandboxes, etc..thats where associates stash stuff.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2009, 09:19:09 AM »
You gotta admire someone with that type of dedication to the hunt! You want me to pick one up if I see it?

Thanks, I appreciate the offer, but I am going to torture myself a little bit longer looking for this before I throw in the towel. There are still a couple of stores within 60 miles or so that I have not checked yet. (seriously)

The CLOSEST TRU had nothing new this morning, or at least not by the time I got there. Not sure if I will bother to check the other 2 again since I was already at both yesterday and they are a bit of a hike.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2009, 09:19:57 AM »

Thanks, I appreciate the offer, but I am going to torture myself a little bit longer looking for this before I throw in the towel. There are still a couple of stores within 60 miles or so that I have not checked yet. (seriously)

The CLOSEST TRU had nothing new this morning, or at least not by the time I got there. Not sure if I will bother to check the other 2 again since I was already at both yesterday and they are a bit of a hike.

Remember, we ain't that far away and I don't mind shipping to Richmond should you change your mind.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2009, 06:42:54 PM »
Ha ha, TRU came through with a freshly stocked case of BP's this morning. The Rishi Moon BP is now mine, and I can relax at last.  ;D

Offline CloneCommander Buy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2009, 10:06:06 AM »
The great feeling of success.  It does feel good when you find what you are looking for.
I got that one about 2 weeks ago.

got the  new
commander Bacara on sat.   I don't know what I was thinking.  I thought his helmet came off.
was not really paying attention. Does any of the older Bacara's helmet come off?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2009, 10:53:17 AM »
The great feeling of success.  It does feel good when you find what you are looking for.
I got that one about 2 weeks ago.

got the  new
commander Bacara on sat.   I don't know what I was thinking.  I thought his helmet came off.
was not really paying attention. Does any of the older Bacara's helmet come off?
nope, CCB, they are all like that. I have hollowed out a couple of resin bacura helmets In the past, though.
I think we are overdue for a superarty removable helmet bacura release.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2009, 12:19:00 AM »
As much as I hate to rain on your parade, but I don't think we will see one anytime soon.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2009, 03:22:24 PM »
Today, I saw the Gelagrub Patrol Battle Pack...

Are you kidding me?  Seriously?  If you haven't seen this up close yet, don't get your hopes up.  It is a plain, blue hunk of plastic with very little, if any, detail in it whatsoever.  Now, I know these were on screen for all of half a second and all, and they weren't all that detailed to begin with, but there was NO difference in paint apps, no effort to make it look realistic.  I will be passing on this one big time!

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #147 on: November 19, 2009, 09:38:21 AM »
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/ToysRus/default.aspx?action=entryflash

TRU 2 day sale... SW figures 2 for $11.99 "Friday Late to Saturday Early"

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline CloneCommander Buy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #148 on: November 19, 2009, 09:53:58 AM »
alright I'll meet you there.  lol,   no deals on the ships?  bummer

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2009, 01:01:56 PM »
Today, I visited my local Toysrus today.  This visit, they seemed to be cleared out of all clone figures, basicall 2/3 of the quantity I saw last time gone.  Half of the items were damaged, so I decided to stick with my gut and not buy anything until something I wanted comes along.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore