Author Topic: Toys "R" Us  (Read 46744 times)

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
Re: Toys "R" Us
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2009, 08:36:36 PM »
There have been no TIE's spotted here either, weird because we have gotten the Crumb Bombers already. I'll take another look since they re-stock tomorrow but this is an odd delay, IMO.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2009, 10:08:34 AM »
The TIE Interceptors arrived today. I was suprised about the oddly shaped box, but kinda cool. Seems like a big focus on Legacy right now around here. Looks like they added some more Crumb Bombers too, but nothing else of note. I came away empty handed.  :'(

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2009, 10:34:57 AM »
I asked the lady at my local TRU about the Interceptor and she looked at me like I was retarded, same way with the people at walmart about the AT-ST I want Hasbro to give me an honest answer about whats going on I read a report that they were going to try and get all the waves out to people TRY what does that mean thats not what you want to tell your collectors, then I forget Hasblow thinks the kids are the ones who buy it all not collectors.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2009, 10:37:56 AM »
I heard that from Nov 1 - 26, tru is supposed to be offering $20 off of both the turbo tank and the crumb bomber.
  that will make that gunship a bit cheaper.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2009, 11:54:18 AM »
You know, we used to have a TRU here in my city, but it never carried much SW stuff. And with figures priced at 10 euros ($15) you wouldn't find me there very often. Apparently TRU have decided to leave the Dutch toy market, because now the store is called Toys XL. And still has a poor collection of cool toys....

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2009, 11:39:02 AM »
Nothing new at TRU today...no new figs, no McQuarrie packs, not a damn thing.  >:(

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2009, 08:55:21 PM »
Toys'r'us sale starts thursday 29th to Saturday 31st and all full priced items are 20% off.

Adding to that, Lar's homestead pack is now $30, Force unleashed three packs are $20 ($15 at toyworld, so just price match it), TIE fighter and all exclusive TRU vehicles (V-wing with pilot, Hailfire droid) are half price, down to $40 AUS.

I believe this is only in Australia so anyone australian get down to your local TRU this weekend!!

and for all Adelaide residents...thats you and i 00Fire501, a new TRU is opening up at Gepps Cross and is marketing itself to being the largest TRU in Australia. Opens Wednesday November 4th and hopefully they'll have all the new stock (please crumb-bomber!!!)!!!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:00:42 PM by lambonspit »

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2009, 04:55:27 AM »
My TRU markets itself as "Just a crappy TRU" LOL

In action, if not in theory.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2009, 10:34:45 AM »
I hit up a TRU last night.  Absolutely NOTHING NEW!!!  Until I looked *up* and saw CASES of stuff on top of the shelves.  Their pegs are half-empty and have NO new items, but they have CASES of NEW TOYS crammed up on top out of reach???  WTF, over???

I saw Gunship boxes, McQuarrie boxes, Figures boxes, Battlepack boxes, Comicpack boxes...

How the holy hell do they expect to SELL them if we can't SEE or REACH them???

The good thing is they had several $30 Lars' Homestead sets, EVO sets of Imp pilots (Biggs box), Padme, Sith, and Secret Apprentice, older figs (like the Snowtrooper w/ solid skirt), and so on.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2009, 06:10:31 AM »
I saw the McQuarrie sets just arrived here on Wednesday. Interesting, but not something I need for my collection.

TRU gets new stock again today but I've all but given up on them for the rest of the year. They are sucking hard at stocking new figs right now. They are at least 3 waves behind on TLC alone.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2009, 06:56:16 AM »
I'm going to Toysrus on Sunday, possibly tomorrow, but I'll be sure to update my findings in the PENNSYLVANIA section.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2009, 08:28:15 AM »
Well, I finally have some GOOD news to share!  ;D

Our local TRU just got the new TCW Deluxe Vehicle/Fig sets in stock, hot off the trucks! I picked up Dooku w/Speeder Bike and Obi-Wan w/Freeco Speeder. (They only had 1 of each, but it was enough)

I was shocked because I went there expecting to find some new BP's, which have also been spotted at TRU today, as per the JTA front page. I don't think any of this stuff is even on TRU's website yet!

This is really noteworthy for me, because this is the first time I have ever broken news on a new toy find that  no one else has yet reported. I mean literally, I haven't heard of ANYONE finding these at a brick and mortar store before today.

You heard it here first! (unless you read it on one of the other 5 sites I blabbed to this morning already)   ;D

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2009, 08:30:30 AM »
Great news!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2009, 08:33:51 AM »
Awesome news! Got any pics?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2009, 08:36:50 AM »
I have not comfirmed this yet but I heard that TRU is haveing the AT-TE at 50% off today and tomorrow,   anyone else hear that?   either way I am heading over there later today to see for myself