Author Topic: Production Platform 3 - Doc's resin parts for sale  (Read 19627 times)

Spookymufu

Re: Production Platform 3 - Doc's resin parts for sale
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2013, 07:36:34 AM »
Doc, this has got me thinking............We could use a Tantive 4 door, which also happens to be the same door we see R2 and 3po hide behind on Tatooine. Also some Death Star and Tantive walls could be done in the same 6x6 modular layout.......

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2013, 07:37:56 AM »
That's a cool looking piece, doc. How much resin does it take to make one of those?

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2013, 09:34:36 AM »
Jay - get crackin, man!  These door pieces would look MUCH better with some of your lads in front of them!

Spook - so you see where I'm going with this.  :D  If you could get me some really good screen-shots of the doors, I'll try to get the patterning laid out.

Clint - The door uses so close to 3oz of resin that there's not enough left for much of anything else.

Thanks, guys!!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2013, 08:57:01 PM »
Imperial "Bridge Pit Console," as seen on the Executor during the Battle over Endor.  This is the first pull from a new mold just made this weekend.  If you don't like the panel lines, you can fill them with a gap-filling superglue and sand it smooth.  Two connection ports are on either side, allowing you to run cabling or to connect multiple units together using a small piece of dowel or similar.  Surface left undecorated so you can use any of the myriad of graphics out there - extra GI Joe decals, HangarBay94 control panels, or whatever you fancy.

$7.50, molded in white
(*many* thanks to RebelScummer Daigo-Bah for the outstanding work on the screen captures!!)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2013, 06:16:19 AM »
Wow Doc, that looks fantastic. Let me go get that on the front page.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2013, 03:50:43 PM »
Great work Doc! Your casting skills are phenomenal.  I never see any bubbles in your work and that's a hard accomplishment in it's self. Are you using a vacuum chamber and/or a pressure pot? Love that console.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2013, 05:03:32 PM »
Nice job doc  :)
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 09:18:05 AM »
Thanks, guys!  I do occasionally get air-bubbles, in fact the test console has one in the "ring" on the face of the display, but I am fortunate in my choice of materials all working together smoothly for some very nice casts.

I checked ESB footage of the Executor bridge as they review the Hoth prob-droid intel and the "pit" arrangement is different from that during the Battle Over Endor footage in RotJ - including a smaller "connector" console that differs significantly.  I'll be working that up as well, and will likely make a turn-key "pit kit" for each movie.

If anyone has any details on what the Imperial techs were sitting on in the bridge pit, I would *deeply* appreciate you sharing it with me!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 11:16:13 AM »
As I said on fb, good looking stuff Doc. One easy way to get rid of the block look would be to simply tape over that lower section to the edges. I had to tape a few things and it leaves a perfect flat surface .

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2013, 04:13:53 PM »
Ooooh!!  Good idea!!  I definitely plan to play with it to get a good, smooth surface.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2013, 08:13:58 AM »
I posted this over in the Blogs area, but then it occurred to me not everyone reads my blog - but tonnes of folks read posts in this thread, so I'm cross-posting for greater visibility...

Hello, fellow 'Yarders!  I've been quiet for far FAR too long, I know!  Quiet is NOT inactive, tho!  I'm having internet connection challenges at home, new-phone struggles as I adapt to my new piece of kit (it's a joy, btw!), and the ever-popular daily routine of WORK. Blech!  Some of you already know about Production Platform 3's new Facebook page.  If you don't, let me encourage you to check it out!  My new phone has made keeping up on Facebook ridiculously easy and the phone actually has a fairly decent camera on it, too. 

So I've been busy - Darth Optimus has been an *excellent* gent about loaning out a number of sweet originals for me to make molds of: heads, cargo boxes (yes, the old Kenner Dagobah crates are available as repros!), and now melee weapons are underway.  I'm still looking for a storefront (leaning towards ecrater.com - looking for input) to tie the Facebook page to, but I'm not letting the dust gather on the mold-making supplies!

If you are on Facebook, be sure to to drop by Production Platform 3's new page and give it a Like so you can stay up-to-date on new goodies as they appear!

Coming soon: engine pods!

Offline Jedi Master Z

• Cadet
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2013, 01:08:22 PM »
I'd be interested in a couple of turbines that you showed on Facebook, plus I'll pick up some other stuff. Great work!!

Z

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2013, 10:49:03 AM »
Okay,if you aren't following me on Facebook, then have I got a surprise for YOU!!!

For the FIRST TIME EVER, ANYWHERE (that I know of), you can now purchase your very own

ECHO BASE COMPUTER CONSOLES!!!
YES!  You read that right!! Production Platform 3 is now carrying our very own unique product, the Echo Base Computer Console!  Our first offering of this item is solid resin, with plans in the making to offer it hollow once we work out some technical issues.  

Cost: $15 plus shipping
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:52:07 AM by DocOutlands »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2013, 05:35:28 PM »
Wow, bet the orders roll in for these. Thats got to be a huge mold and pour.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2013, 09:48:53 PM »
It used an entire box of HS-III & right now eats up 8oz of resin. I'm gonna work with it this week to see what I can do to get that reduced.