Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 526240 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - TB1, TB2 & TB4 mini's P164 13/05/20
« Reply #2460 on: May 15, 2020, 06:42:53 AM »
Time to get another one of these great dios on the front pages. Nice Ron. Nice!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #2461 on: May 15, 2020, 02:39:21 PM »
Wow Ron, what a great set of projects. I really like how the Trek dio turned out. I love how you used the Reaper worms. I wasn't familiar with Modiphius previously, they build some pretty cool figures. I have got to think hard about buying the John Carter figures now...sigh.

Its great watching you use parts like the PVC pipe fixtures for the legs of the desk. That Batman desk and console set up looks really great. And brilliant job on the Thunderbirds dioramas. I'm going to have to practice your cotton ball trick - you smoke looks so realistic.

Excellent work around.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2462 on: May 15, 2020, 10:18:10 PM »
Time to get another one of these great dios on the front pages. Nice Ron. Nice!

Thank you mate.

Wow Ron, what a great set of projects. I really like how the Trek dio turned out. I love how you used the Reaper worms. I wasn't familiar with Modiphius previously, they build some pretty cool figures. I have got to think hard about buying the John Carter figures now...sigh.

Its great watching you use parts like the PVC pipe fixtures for the legs of the desk. That Batman desk and console set up looks really great. And brilliant job on the Thunderbirds dioramas. I'm going to have to practice your cotton ball trick - you smoke looks so realistic.

Excellent work around.

Thanks so much buddy and yeah Modiphius do awesome figures and I'm looking at getting the Fallout figures to make diorama's using them.

Ron.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2463 on: May 19, 2020, 03:55:33 PM »
Hi All,

Started a new 1:12 scale project today and this is going to be a jungle ruin for my custom Tarzan figure I finished up yesterday and I have some pics of him but will take my usual pics of him in a few days.

The dio so far has is made using foam and I cut out the separate stones for the floor and three pieces for the door way. I then scribed the stones into the foam on the door way and then used a piece of sandstone and tapped it over the foam to give it a more natural look.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2464 on: May 20, 2020, 04:12:48 AM »
Wow, great rock work Ron. Very nice. That Tarzan is awesome!

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #2465 on: May 20, 2020, 08:21:45 AM »
Tapping the sandstone over the foam to give it that realistic rough stone profile was a great idea - you can see the impact even in the pictures. This looks like it will be amazing when you are finished. I assume you will add vines and/or other jungle-ish features. Tarzan looks good, too. I'll be curious to see more of him. I saw he had a seath, but it didn't look like there was a knife. Great work!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2466 on: May 21, 2020, 01:38:59 AM »
Wow, great rock work Ron. Very nice. That Tarzan is awesome!

Off to share on the front pages.

Thanks heaps Shawn.

Tapping the sandstone over the foam to give it that realistic rough stone profile was a great idea - you can see the impact even in the pictures. This looks like it will be amazing when you are finished. I assume you will add vines and/or other jungle-ish features. Tarzan looks good, too. I'll be curious to see more of him. I saw he had a seath, but it didn't look like there was a knife. Great work!

Thanks heaps buddy and I have been using either a piece of sandstone to do the foam for years now and I always love the way it looks once it's painted and weathered and the dio will have all the jungle-ish plants and vines.

The knife he is holding in the last pic fits into the sheath and I also made a spear, bow/arrows and a quiver which hold the six arrows and the bow actually works.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Tarzan Diorama 1:12 WIP P164 21/05/20
« Reply #2467 on: May 26, 2020, 04:29:17 AM »
Hi All,

Tarzan Lord of the Jungle 1:12 scale.

I decided not to go with the jungle ruin dio like I was originally going to do so I decided to give him a jungle dio instead.

Recipe.

Tarzan - the body is a TBLeagure body which is the leaner out of the two bodies and the heads are from Damtoy's German SS Officer. I removed the peak caps and then used putty to mould the upper section of the head and then used fake for for the hair. The silicone on the body is a tan colour but I wanted to lighten the skin tone which I did by dry brushing different tones of skin colours.

The loin cloth is pleather as are the wrist wraps and the wraps around the weapons. The bow and spear are skewers which have been thin down by sanding them and the string on the bow is thin dark string and the spears blade is plastic card cut and shaped. The knife handle is a skewer and the blade is plastic card cut and shaped, the arrows are thin plastic card and the feathers are paper cut to size and glued and the knife sheath and the quiver are made from pleather which I hand sewn.

Base - is high density foam layered two high and then cut to shape, I then removed some of the foam and added a small rock face and small stones by using Woodland Scenics rock moulds and gluing them into place and painting and weathering them. I then used real branches and soaked them in methylated spirits for a few hours then let them dry in the sun which dries them out and stops them decaying. I then used mulch/dirt and dry leaves for the ground work.

Once the ground work was done I then used plastic ferns which I have had for a while and the vines are dried out vines I got of a tree a few weeks ago. The bushes are from Woodland Scenics Fine leaf foliage(Olive Green) and the small tufts of grass are from Army Painter. The damp river bed was done by using Woodland Scenics Realistic Water and using a brush I applied three layers to the ground work to give wet look.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Tarzan Lord of the Jungle 1:12 P165 26/05/20
« Reply #2468 on: May 26, 2020, 06:01:05 AM »
Wow Ron. This is amazing. The Tarzan looks good and the diorama rocks too. Off to the front pages. I can hear him doing his Tarzan call now!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2469 on: May 28, 2020, 09:14:24 PM »
Wow Ron. This is amazing. The Tarzan looks good and the diorama rocks too. Off to the front pages. I can hear him doing his Tarzan call now!

Thanks heaps Shawn and yeah the TBLeague bodies are great for these types of figures, I'm looking at doing John Carter and Conan.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2470 on: June 06, 2020, 07:39:03 PM »
Hi All,

Thunderbirds Scott Tracy Display 1:6 scale.

Recipe.

Scott - is from Big Chief Studios.

Base - is high density foam and I used a pencil to make the stones and the hieroglyphs and I used a piece of sand stone and tapped it over the foam to give the stone a more natural look. The sand was made using watered down spakfilla and sand and then the base was painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - TB Scott Tracy Display 1:6 P165 07/06/20
« Reply #2471 on: June 07, 2020, 06:24:27 AM »
Wow, that base. Looks real Ron! Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2472 on: June 07, 2020, 11:13:10 PM »
Wow, that base. Looks real Ron! Off to share.

Thanks so much Shawn.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2473 on: June 10, 2020, 11:14:20 PM »
Hi All,

Thunderbirds Virgil Tracy dio which is 1:6 scale and I got the idea for the dio from TB episode Cry Wolf.

Recipe.

Virgil - is from Big Chief Studios.

Base - is high density foam as are the wooden beams which I used a sharp pencil to make the wood grain effect. The floor and wall was done using watered down spakfilla and sand and the whole diorama was painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - TB Virgil Tracy Display 1:6 P165 11/06/20
« Reply #2474 on: June 11, 2020, 06:41:54 AM »
You can read my comments on the front pages. Nice pencil work Ron.