Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 526250 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hi All,

Star Trek - Attack on Veltar IV 32 mm.

Recipe.

Figures/creatures - the landing party are from Modiphius Entertainment and the Vulcan and Tellarite have been put together straight out of the box. The poor red shirt getting attacked has had his legs altered a little and the arms and head have been replaced with arms and heads from Bolt Action WW2 GI miniatures. The works are from Reaper (BONES) Miniatures and all the miniatures have been painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints.

Base - is high density foam and the rocks are from Woodland Scenics rubber molds, the grass tufts are from Army Painter and I dry brushed them with Beige Brown to make them a little darker. The cracked ground is from Games Workshops Agrellan Badland Texture paint.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Star Trek TOS Dio 32mm P164 08/05/20
« Reply #2446 on: May 08, 2020, 12:05:36 AM »
Hi All,

Started a new Batman Batcave and this will be 1:6 scale, I picked up two KO Batman figures off ebay and I'm going to use the black and grey one for this dio and the figure will have a few tweaks to it after I complete the Batcave.

The bat desk/computer/chair so far has been made using foam board, plastic card and plumbers PVC pipe. I won't have lights in the screens but will be giving the screens a glaze like I did for my 1:12 scale Batcave to give it the impression that it is lighted.

Ron

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2447 on: May 08, 2020, 06:40:37 AM »
I have been wondering what you have been up to. Nice work on both fronts.

I have to admit I just watched Star Trek the motion picture this week. It was a nice comfort film while I was feeling sick. Nice work on your dio.

That Batman Dio already looks tough. Nice.

Off to the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2448 on: May 08, 2020, 05:01:06 PM »
The Star Trek Dio looks absolutely fantastic! Red shirt never had a chance. The Batman Dio is coming along great as well.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2449 on: May 08, 2020, 07:58:50 PM »
I have been wondering what you have been up to. Nice work on both fronts.

I have to admit I just watched Star Trek the motion picture this week. It was a nice comfort film while I was feeling sick. Nice work on your dio.

That Batman Dio already looks tough. Nice.

Off to the front pages.

Hope your feeling better mate and thanks heaps. Star Trek the Motion picture was a good movie and I also watch it when I'm crook.

Yeah it's great to be back into the swing of things again especially with the wife having me do chores around the house and yard over the lock down period LOL.

The Star Trek Dio looks absolutely fantastic! Red shirt never had a chance. The Batman Dio is coming along great as well.

Hey JD, thanks so much buddy and yeah Scotty is the only red shirt that survives the series LOL and I'll have more updates on the Batman dio in about a week or two as I'm doing little projects for people at the moment.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2450 on: May 09, 2020, 06:00:47 AM »
Yeah, I know it with the chores. I don't even want to talk about the length of the grass in my yard  now, but maybe next week and yes I am feeling a bit better. Still not back to full tilt so to speak, and I am not being very patient. Glad to see you are back in the dios!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2451 on: May 12, 2020, 03:57:52 PM »
Yeah, I know it with the chores. I don't even want to talk about the length of the grass in my yard  now, but maybe next week and yes I am feeling a bit better. Still not back to full tilt so to speak, and I am not being very patient. Glad to see you are back in the dios!

Great to hear that your feeling better and yeah the chores never end especially when the wives are involved LOL and it great to back doing dios again.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2452 on: May 13, 2020, 01:16:22 AM »
Hi All,

Got my hands on some Aoshima Models Mini Thunderbird kits and they are cartoony style kits which are great fun to make.

Recipe.

TB1 - was built straight out of the box and I painted and weathered it using Vallejo Paints. The thruster smoke was done using cotton wool balls and ripping them apart and then applying them to the rod that is hold TB1 up.

The only issue with the kit is that the decals are black instead of white but that is just a little nit pick on my behalf as I grew up with TB1 having white lettering and numbering.

Base - is a action figure base and I used a mix of sand, spakfilla and medium brown paint to get the dirt look to it and the bushes and small sticks are from Woodland Scenics.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2453 on: May 13, 2020, 01:21:22 AM »
Hi All,

Next Thunderbird Mini is TB2.

Recipe.

TB2 - was built straight out of the box and I painted and weathered it using Vallejo Paints. The thruster smoke was done using cotton wool balls and ripping them apart and then applying them to the rods that is hold TB2 up.

Base - is a action figure base and I used a mix of sand, spakfilla and medium brown paint to get the dirt look to it and the bushes and small sticks are from Woodland Scenic.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2454 on: May 13, 2020, 01:26:08 AM »
Hi All,

Last of the Thunderbird Mini kits is TB4.

Recipe.

TB4 - was built straight out of the box and I painted and weathered it using Vallejo Paints.

Base - is a action figure base and I used a mix of sand, spakfilla and sand coloured paint to get the sand look to it and the seaweed is thick grass tufts from Ammo MIG which I cut in half and then glued them on their sides and the rock is from a mold from Woodland Scenic which you just use plaster of Paris to make it.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - TB1, TB2 & TB4 mini's P164 13/05/20
« Reply #2455 on: May 13, 2020, 02:54:26 AM »
I was going to leave a comment on your last couple projects already, but while a snail like me get to the keyboard, you make three more incredible dioramas in the meantime...I wanted to say that I really admire the wide knowledge you have of so many different franchises & movies. Since Disney bought Lucasfilm I don't follow on what's canon anymore because I don't care anymore. Like JDeck I'm a fan of head-canon...it's less stressful, I like it.

But man, you know so much About everything and countless movies and what not. It's mind-blowing. I really like Bat's command desk and your dios always look most reaslistic! Again, some nostalgia on the Thunderbird rocket, but other than that: Nothing new for me to tell you here. Excellent work!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2456 on: May 13, 2020, 08:59:51 AM »
Wow, these are great. Let me take one of these to the front pages. We will feature more of em through the week.

Nice Ron!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2457 on: May 13, 2020, 04:46:24 PM »
These are awesome. Thunderbirds was cool, I haven't watched much of it, but a few years ago you did some t-bird stuff and it came on tv, so I watched. Check out X-bomber/Starfleet, it's like Thunderbirds meets Star Wars. I ended up buying the box set.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2458 on: May 14, 2020, 04:37:53 AM »
Time to share another one of these great dioramas today. Off to the front pages.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2459 on: May 14, 2020, 11:58:09 PM »
I was going to leave a comment on your last couple projects already, but while a snail like me get to the keyboard, you make three more incredible dioramas in the meantime...I wanted to say that I really admire the wide knowledge you have of so many different franchises & movies. Since Disney bought Lucasfilm I don't follow on what's canon anymore because I don't care anymore. Like JDeck I'm a fan of head-canon...it's less stressful, I like it.

But man, you know so much About everything and countless movies and what not. It's mind-blowing. I really like Bat's command desk and your dios always look most reaslistic! Again, some nostalgia on the Thunderbird rocket, but other than that: Nothing new for me to tell you here. Excellent work!

Hey DM, thanks so much buddy and glad you have been enjoying the builds. I am the same as yourself and JDeck I also am a canon fan and love building anything SW form the three original films but saying that I have always loved other genres like Trek, Indy and Thunderbirds and many more and with the amount of products that you can get now a days it's so easy to do any franchise build you like.

Wow, these are great. Let me take one of these to the front pages. We will feature more of em through the week.

Nice Ron!

Thanks so much Shawn and as always I really appreciate the comments and the FB feature.

These are awesome. Thunderbirds was cool, I haven't watched much of it, but a few years ago you did some t-bird stuff and it came on tv, so I watched. Check out X-bomber/Starfleet, it's like Thunderbirds meets Star Wars. I ended up buying the box set.

Hey JD, thanks heaps mate and yeah I grew up on TB's and still love them now and even the new cartoon /CGI Thunderbirds are go is awesome.

I just watched EP1 of X-bomber/Starfleet and I actually enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to watching the next episode and thanks for hooking me up to it.

Time to share another one of these great dioramas today. Off to the front pages.

Thanks again Shawn.

Ron