Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 526326 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Indiana Jones box concept WIP 1:12 P12 27/01/20
« Reply #2430 on: January 29, 2020, 06:32:20 PM »
I love this concept! Using the crates was a masterful idea. And I do think that accessories shouldn't be "skimped" on. Too bad I'm not a multi-million dollar toy company:(

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2431 on: January 30, 2020, 02:39:52 PM »
I love this concept! Using the crates was a masterful idea. And I do think that accessories shouldn't be "skimped" on. Too bad I'm not a multi-million dollar toy company:(

Thanks heaps mate and totally agree with you on the accessories, there should be a good amount to go with them. I think that is the problem with some of these toy companies they don't think outside the box(no pun intended).

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2432 on: January 31, 2020, 04:01:26 AM »
I agree with Starchaser. It would be great to see them (Hasbro and other action figure companies) to take maybe one or two figures a year and really trick em out like this (make ultimate additions with multiple accessories, dio pieces, weapons, etc. and really go all out.

It would of course cost more, but I think folks like us would rave about it and we could look forward eagerly to see what new figure would get that type of treatment the next year.

I am gonna add a question like this to the ask Hasbro people about doing this. I mean all they can say is no.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2433 on: January 31, 2020, 06:19:10 PM »
I agree with Starchaser. It would be great to see them (Hasbro and other action figure companies) to take maybe one or two figures a year and really trick em out like this (make ultimate additions with multiple accessories, dio pieces, weapons, etc. and really go all out.

It would of course cost more, but I think folks like us would rave about it and we could look forward eagerly to see what new figure would get that type of treatment the next year.

I am gonna add a question like this to the ask Hasbro people about doing this. I mean all they can say is no.

Hey Shawn, I totally agree with you about an ultimate figure and yep fans would pay to see their favourite character with tons of accessories and a cool dio. Great idea about Hasbro and as the old saying goes "if you don't ask, you don't know"

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2434 on: January 31, 2020, 07:11:08 PM »
Hi All,

Indiana Jones Box/Display complete.
Recipe.

Indy - the body is from Figma and the head is from GlassmanCustoms http://glassmancustoms.com and the clothing was made by a friend on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/ageoftoys/.
The pants belt is made using left over fabric in the parts box as was the holster belt and the whip holder. The holster is from the Figma Indiana Jones figure.

The Grail, idol, Sankara Stone and Webley came from the Figma Indy figure. The MP40 and Walther P38 pistol came from Damtoys German Officer and the whip was made using pleather and plastic, the bag was made using pleather for the straps and material for the bag.

The Staff of Ra is made using plastic tube and the medallion was made by shrinking and then printing off the picture and then gluing it to plastic. The maps and Grail Dairy were all shrunk to size and printed off and the crates were made using balsa wood.

Base - is made using high density foam and the I used a pencil to mark out the stone work and then I used a piece of sand stone and pressed it into the foam. All the foliage is from MiniNatur and the moss was done by mixing fine sand with spakfilla and paint then applied.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Indiana Jones box Complete 1:12 P163 01/02/20
« Reply #2435 on: February 02, 2020, 07:14:55 AM »
Jaw unhinged Ron. So cool. Makes me wish this type of treatment could be done with a figure or two a  year for all the action figure lines.

Off to the front pages.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2436 on: February 05, 2020, 01:41:51 AM »
Jaw unhinged Ron. So cool. Makes me wish this type of treatment could be done with a figure or two a  year for all the action figure lines.

Off to the front pages.

Thanks so much Shawn and yeah it would be very nice to see them do ultimate collection figures.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2437 on: March 14, 2020, 09:33:55 PM »
Hi All,

A mate got himself a WW2 Captain America with the motorbike and asked would a customize it for him. So after a quick talk with him this is the result.

Recipe.

Cap/Bike - are both from Hasbro and are 1:12 scale and I removed the windscreen and added brake hoses using old electrical cable. The shield is from the Cap and Agent Carter set which was painted and the bike was also repainted with the mud being made using spakfilla/sand and paint. Cap was put into position and his joints were glued and then filled in and his head was removed and part of the neck section was removed to make the head sit lower to make it more realistic.

Cap and his gear were repainted and weathered and the map is from a 1:35 Verlinden map set and was perfect for this build as it is a lot larger then the other maps.

Base - is an old base that was going to be used for another project back in 2012 but that project fell thru so it was ideal for this and the mud is the same that was used on the bike and cap.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Captain America WW2 Complete 1:12 P163 15/03/20
« Reply #2438 on: March 15, 2020, 12:51:41 AM »
You know, your work is so good that I can only talk about mud anymore. The MUD looks most realistic! Seriously. Love all the natural effects you added to this Scene. Also the wood looks very good and conveys the quality you deliver. What a metaphor.

11/10.

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2439 on: March 15, 2020, 05:14:15 AM »
Ron that is just awesome. I bet your friend is stoked.

Off to the front pages with more comments.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2440 on: March 15, 2020, 07:49:15 AM »
This is awesome! The bike looks great, didn't know it was from Hasbro. The weathering on this is fantastic as usual.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2441 on: March 16, 2020, 04:31:48 AM »
Man, that map was the perfect size, wasn’t it?
Outstanding presentation, Ron! That is my favorite version of Cap’s uniform.
Oh, and I like your mud.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2442 on: March 17, 2020, 12:31:01 AM »
You know, your work is so good that I can only talk about mud anymore. The MUD looks most realistic! Seriously. Love all the natural effects you added to this Scene. Also the wood looks very good and conveys the quality you deliver. What a metaphor.

11/10.

- Philipp

Thanks so much Philipp.

Ron that is just awesome. I bet your friend is stoked.

Off to the front pages with more comments.

Thanks heaps Shawn and yeah he is stoked and I have another Capt America commission he wants me to do so I'm looking forward to that.

This is awesome! The bike looks great, didn't know it was from Hasbro. The weathering on this is fantastic as usual.

Thanks so much JD and honestly neither did I mate until he gave me the box.

Man, that map was the perfect size, wasn’t it?
Outstanding presentation, Ron! That is my favorite version of Cap’s uniform.
Oh, and I like your mud.

Thanks heaps Clint and yeah it sure was and saved me having to print one.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #2443 on: March 20, 2020, 03:48:07 PM »
Ron, Cap. looks really good. I love that everyone is talking about the mud (which, by the way, does look exceedingly realistic). I think shortening the neck was the right choice, the profile looks excellent. I also really like that you took the windscreen off, it feels more WWII without it. Good choice for the shield as well. All-in-all a stellar build.

PS - I really like the final pics of Indie as well!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2444 on: March 20, 2020, 10:19:14 PM »
Ron, Cap. looks really good. I love that everyone is talking about the mud (which, by the way, does look exceedingly realistic). I think shortening the neck was the right choice, the profile looks excellent. I also really like that you took the windscreen off, it feels more WWII without it. Good choice for the shield as well. All-in-all a stellar build.

PS - I really like the final pics of Indie as well!

Thanks so much mate and yeah the windshield was the first thing to go and it is a great looking bike for a reused one but it does turn out excellent once it is repainted and weathered.

Ron