Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 526235 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Medieval Batman Completed P161 13/01/20
« Reply #2415 on: January 14, 2020, 03:31:01 PM »
What a fantastic idea this is, Ron! One can see Batman there! When I looked at the diorama display you made for him and read England then I thought "nah, these pillars would rather be found in Greece…" BUT since I know your attention to accuracy AND you tremendous knowledge about such stuff, I knew it'd be right. That's when my eyes hit 1468 - Renaissance.
Middle Europe re-discovered the culture of the antiquity back then. Greek and Roman architecture was state of the art, again - including these fancy pillars!
My sister actually had to prepare a little presentation for school about Leonardo da Vinci and his art a few months ago.
Hats off! You just blew me away once again, Ron!
Much respect from medieval Germany!

Philippus impressus est.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2416 on: January 14, 2020, 04:29:25 PM »
What a fantastic idea this is, Ron! One can see Batman there! When I looked at the diorama display you made for him and read England then I thought "nah, these pillars would rather be found in Greece…" BUT since I know your attention to accuracy AND you tremendous knowledge about such stuff, I knew it'd be right. That's when my eyes hit 1468 - Renaissance.
Middle Europe re-discovered the culture of the antiquity back then. Greek and Roman architecture was state of the art, again - including these fancy pillars!
My sister actually had to prepare a little presentation for school about Leonardo da Vinci and his art a few months ago.
Hats off! You just blew me away once again, Ron!
Much respect from medieval Germany!

Philippus impressus est.

Thanks so much Philippus impressus est  ;), really glad you kike it and yeah when I was doing the figure I was thinking of a ruined castle wall but I figured that people would expect that with this figure so I did some research and found that these types of pillars were scattered around England so I thought doing this type of dio would be great.

I hope your sister did well with her presentation for school and it's great to see that some schools still do history as it's a great way to learn about our past.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2417 on: January 18, 2020, 10:59:17 PM »
Hi All,

Pirate Batman - Caribbean 1668. 1:12 scale

NOTE - I want to give a huge shout out to a Aussie cosplayer named Cosplay Chris for the inspiration on the design for my Pirate Batman (Thanks heaps mate). I was surfing the net for some different designs for my custom Pirate Batman and when I saw Chris's Pirate Batman costume I knew that was the way to go.
You can view Chris's Pirate Batman and his other cool cosplay outfits here https://www.instagram.com/cosplay_chris/ and https://www.youtube.com/user/horrorfx

Recipe.

Pirate Batman - is a Mezco Captain Kirk body and hands and I also used a Mezco Ascending Knight Batman head and the beard was done using fake fur and painting in black.  The paints are the Captain Kirk ones which were dyed grey and the top is a Hasbro 6" Black Series Princess Leia gown which I cut off the hood and lower section and then dyed it grey.

The boots I used pleather to give them I pirate look them and the leather armour and gauntlets were made using leather/pleather and the studs are pieces of plastic rod cut thin and glued into place.
The chest emblem I got the idea from Cosplay Chris and the cape is just a piece of old black material I had in my parts box and I used a pair of scissors to make the ends tattered.  The sword is from an old Indiana Jones figure and the flintlock pistol was made from a T2 Arnie figure shot gun, balsa wood and plastic card.

Base - is high density foam and the deck, mast and rope latter were made using cardboard, balsa wood and craft string.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Pirate Batman Completed 1:12 P12 19/01/20
« Reply #2418 on: January 19, 2020, 06:56:54 AM »
How cool is this! So awesome. Just finished up HUSH and liked it. We have the new JOKER ready to watch today. Off to the front pages.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2419 on: January 19, 2020, 04:01:41 PM »
How cool is this! So awesome. Just finished up HUSH and liked it. We have the new JOKER ready to watch today. Off to the front pages.

Thanks heaps Shawn and I knew you would like HUSH and I still need to watch that.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2420 on: January 20, 2020, 01:36:00 AM »
The deck and the rigging alone look fantastic! Man, what a cool crossover! Love the softgoods and how much the diorama looks like a part of an actual ship!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2421 on: January 20, 2020, 06:20:44 PM »
The deck and the rigging alone look fantastic! Man, what a cool crossover! Love the softgoods and how much the diorama looks like a part of an actual ship!

Hey Philipp, thanks so much mate and I'm actually surprised how many Batman crossovers there is which is great for me as some of them are great for doing customs.

Ron

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
« Reply #2422 on: January 21, 2020, 04:54:56 AM »
Dude, your work is always fantastic and this just awesome!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2423 on: January 25, 2020, 06:39:39 PM »
Dude, your work is always fantastic and this just awesome!

Thanks so much Richard.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2424 on: January 25, 2020, 06:51:53 PM »
Hi All,

Started a Indiana Jones 1:12 scale project and this is how I would package and show a 1:12 Indy figure to Disney if Mezco, Hasbro, Damtoys or Coomodel won the contract to make him.
The box is made from a Coomodel 1:12 Imperial knight figure I made my Medieval Batman figure from and I added balsa wood to make a crate and stained the wood and added the piture on the back.

The writing on the front was done by printing out the wording and then cutting out the letters using a sharp model knife and then I placed the stencil on the balsa wood and added the writing by dapping matt black paint into the cut out lettering. The figure, accessories and base are still a WIP and will hopefully have them completed over the weekend.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Indiana Jones box concept WIP 1:12 P12 26/01/20
« Reply #2425 on: January 26, 2020, 07:24:47 AM »
Wow Ron this looks awesome. I love the idea. Maybe you can convince one of the big retailers to make it! Off to the front pages.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2426 on: January 26, 2020, 09:26:22 PM »
Wow Ron this looks awesome. I love the idea. Maybe you can convince one of the big retailers to make it! Off to the front pages.

Thanks heaps Shawn and I have sent pics to them thru Instagram so you never know.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2427 on: January 26, 2020, 09:31:11 PM »
Hi All,

I have redone the box interior and thanks to Alex J T. Nazario over at the FB page one:12 CDD who suggested adding bags storage for the accessories which I liked but I decided I would go with storage crates that can be used to store the accessories but also double as display pieces for the diorama.

I still have weather the crates and paint and weather the diorama then I'll finish off the figure and accessories.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Indiana Jones box concept WIP 1:12 P12 27/01/20
« Reply #2428 on: January 27, 2020, 04:11:49 AM »
I can't even imagine being able to get something like this for my favorite action figure. I would buy it in a second. More on the front pages.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Indiana Jones box concept WIP 1:12 P12 27/01/20
« Reply #2429 on: January 27, 2020, 04:03:58 PM »
I can't even imagine being able to get something like this for my favorite action figure. I would buy it in a second. More on the front pages.

Hey Shawn, yeah I know what you mean. There are figures that I love but don't come with the accessories you want so it's up to us customizers to fill in the missing parts and thanks heaps mate.

Ron