Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 526208 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
I really love the maintenance dio. It turned out great. I particularly liked the gray (or grey depending on which you prefer) and white paint scheme on the maintenance worker.

This Bunyip is a fantastic build. You've blended different parts and your own plastic card pieces brilliantly. I like the paint job, too. You couldn't tell this was just one model from its own kit. Amazing work!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Wow, cool video. Lots of great modeling work done in this too. I am gonna finish my internet work off this morning and watch it on the big screen, thanks Ron!

So gonna share this with your update you gave us yesterday.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 08:33:33 AM by Tamer »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
I really love the maintenance dio. It turned out great. I particularly liked the gray (or grey depending on which you prefer) and white paint scheme on the maintenance worker.

This Bunyip is a fantastic build. You've blended different parts and your own plastic card pieces brilliantly. I like the paint job, too. You couldn't tell this was just one model from its own kit. Amazing work!

Thanks so much mate.

Wow, cool video. Lots of great modeling work done in this too. I am gonna finish my internet work off this morning and watch it on the big screen, thanks Ron!

So gonna share this with your update you gave us yesterday.

Glad you like it mate and thanks.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hi All,

Bunyip completed - 1:35 scale

Maschinen Krieger vehicle and this is a Medium Recon Vehicle used by the Mercenary Forces which they call the Bunyip.

Bunyip/Figures - I used the turrets and parts from two Hasegawa Maschinen Krieger 1/35 Nutcracker vehicle kits and also parts from a Tamiya Merkava and Sherman tank and also plastic card and rod and the crew are from MasterBox and is kit number 3598. The Bunyip and figures were painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints and Pastel chalks.

Base - is high density foam cut to shape. The ground work is a mix of spakfilla/sand and applied and while still wet kitty litter was scattered over the base.  Once dry I painted the kitty litter with Vallejo Paints and then gave the base a few washes of Vallejo Iraqui and then a gave the rock a wash of Games Workshop AGRAX Earthshade to darken them.

The dead branches are dried roots I picked from the garden and the grass tufts are from MiniNatur which I lightly dry brushed with Vallejo Beige Brown to give them a partial dry look to them.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
H All,

Toy Story display.

Figures - Buzz and Woody and from Bandai and are very articulated and come with three different facial expressions which their eyes can be moved and they come with extra hands. Woody's hat can be removed and Buzz's wings pop out by pressing the large red button.

I Repainted the hair on Woody and the eye brows on them both and I painted the extra details on Woody's hat/vest/shirt/scarf. The eyes are decals but will come off after time so I used a little superglue and glued then eye decals into place.

The barrel/soldiers/lego I got by raiding the son's toy boxes he doesn't use and the blocks I printed off the net and glued onto cardboard and cut out and glued together.

The base is high density foam and the skirting board is a think piece of foam board and the wallpaper/floor/power point I printed off the net and the power cord is an old cord I had in my parts box.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Buzz and Woody Display Completed P161 04/01/20
« Reply #2405 on: January 04, 2020, 04:14:16 AM »
Ron, this is the coolest most awesomest idea I've seen in a while! It's like an animated movie has become reality! Maybe it's the printed floor or the toys and the wall that are all accurate! Didn't even know that Bandai have the license for Toy Story, too! Much nostalgia Comes back here and with most movies with Sequels, the first movie stays the best to me.
Seeing your pictures this morning definitely enlightened my day! This is just so good! Do you have the American plugs in Australia, too? Don't now why, but the plug is the cherry on the pie for me. Just love this diorama and am Always amazed by the word art you add to your pics! I got 5 dios in the pipeline myself, but feel almost embarrassed to share them seeing your masterpieces!

Thank you so much for sharing this! Made my entire weekend!

Add: Using those old (vintage) LEGO parts was another genius strike of yours.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2406 on: January 04, 2020, 04:40:08 AM »
Ron, this is the coolest most awesomest idea I've seen in a while! It's like an animated movie has become reality! Maybe it's the printed floor or the toys and the wall that are all accurate! Didn't even know that Bandai have the license for Toy Story, too! Much nostalgia Comes back here and with most movies with Sequels, the first movie stays the best to me.
Seeing your pictures this morning definitely enlightened my day! This is just so good! Do you have the American plugs in Australia, too? Don't now why, but the plug is the cherry on the pie for me. Just love this diorama and am Always amazed by the word art you add to your pics! I got 5 dios in the pipeline myself, but feel almost embarrassed to share them seeing your masterpieces!

Thank you so much for sharing this! Made my entire weekend!

Add: Using those old (vintage) LEGO parts was another genius strike of yours.

Thanks so much mate I really appreciate the kind words and I didn't even know Bandai had the License either until I was checking out one of my online shops here in Australia and knew I had to get them. I'm a huge Toy Story 1 and 2 fan and I looked at a lot of vid screen shots of Andy's room to get the look right and we have a three prong plug and power point here.

No need to get embarrassed mate I always love seeing your dio's as well as all the other guys dio's as for me it what keeps me motivated to build dio's especially for SW dio's as it's this time of the year I have to pull my finger out and build 40-50 SW dio's for my local Con to sell.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2407 on: January 04, 2020, 04:49:31 AM »
Thank you! That's even more impressive then! I actually looked for pictures of Australian plugs. So you got this American plug from the U.S. I guess?

If you don't mind I'd send you some pics of my progress. I finally want to share my stuff when it's actually finished. WIP pics below of course.

- Philipp

Another add: Your Maschinen Krieger dio definitely unhinged my jaw, too! Saw it after the pics of the Toy Story project. Much respect, Ron You're m God of environment building & landscaping.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 04:52:01 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2408 on: January 04, 2020, 09:23:10 AM »
Wow, love that Bunyip. Off to share it and your Toy Story Project.

Man, that Toy Story Dio looks like a movie still.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2409 on: January 04, 2020, 05:03:16 PM »
Thank you! That's even more impressive then! I actually looked for pictures of Australian plugs. So you got this American plug from the U.S. I guess?

If you don't mind I'd send you some pics of my progress. I finally want to share my stuff when it's actually finished. WIP pics below of course.

- Philipp

Another add: Your Maschinen Krieger dio definitely unhinged my jaw, too! Saw it after the pics of the Toy Story project. Much respect, Ron You're m God of environment building & landscaping.

Hey Philipp, thanks again mate and glad you like the dios and the power point is a picture I found on the internet and the plug is an old plug I had in my parts box I just cut off the three prongs and super glued it the wall.

Wow, love that Bunyip. Off to share it and your Toy Story Project.

Man, that Toy Story Dio looks like a movie still.

Thanks so much Shawn.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2410 on: January 13, 2020, 02:08:51 AM »
Hi All,

Medieval Batman, England 1468, 1:12 scale.

NOTE - I have added a picture at the end of the figure before I painted it.

Recipe.

Figure - is from coomodels and is from their Palm Empire series and the weapons and feet are real metal and the armour is a medium plastic. I added ears and bat symbol by using plastic card and then I lightly sanded the armour and then sprayed it with Rust-O-luem Matt Black.

Once the Matt Black was dry I then dry brushed the armour using Vallejo's Gun Metal. The cape was made using a piece of cloth and it was attached using super glue and 1/6 buttons and I also repainted the head and leather belt.

Base - is high density foam and I used a pencil to make the stone floor and then I used my fingers ad ripped away the edges under the stone floor. The columns were made using a cardboard tube then I glued corrugated cardboard around the tube and left it to dry.

Once the cardboard has dried I then placed newspaper in the tube and then sealed the ends using watered down spakfilla. I then glued one piece of the column to a piece of balsa wood and then covered the columns lightly with some watered down spakfilla. The soil is a mix of sand, spakfilla and brown paint and the grass tufts, grass foliage and vines are from MiniNatur.

Ron

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Medieval Batman Completed P161 13/01/20
« Reply #2411 on: January 13, 2020, 04:06:26 AM »
That looks awesome to me Ron. I could so see some sort of time rift happening and getting him to Camelot and Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. Good stuff. Off to the front pages.

I just got the dvd Batman Hush in this weekand and need to watch it.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2412 on: January 13, 2020, 04:06:30 PM »
That looks awesome to me Ron. I could so see some sort of time rift happening and getting him to Camelot and Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. Good stuff. Off to the front pages.

I just got the dvd Batman Hush in this weekand and need to watch it.

Really glad you like it Shawn and thanks mate and I was amazed how many different era Batman's there is which is great for me as it gives me so many customizing options. I have seen Batman Hush and it's great you'll enjoy it.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2413 on: January 13, 2020, 07:09:57 PM »
Very cool! You did a great job, I thought it was some kind of exclusive figure. The palm empire figures are really cool, I was looking at the Samurai figure, too pricey for me to brave making a custom out of it. I like your  British Knight Batman much better than the SH figuarts movie realization samurai version, a knight makes a lot more sense.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2414 on: January 13, 2020, 08:04:04 PM »
Very cool! You did a great job, I thought it was some kind of exclusive figure. The palm empire figures are really cool, I was looking at the Samurai figure, too pricey for me to brave making a custom out of it. I like your  British Knight Batman much better than the SH figuarts movie realization samurai version, a knight makes a lot more sense.

Hey JD, the Palm Empire figures are great and some of them can be very expensive indeed but I was lucky to get this one for $190 aus which is excellent for us as they usually sell for $200 or more. I really like the Templar Knights and want to get a few to make a historic diorama with them.

I saw the Figuarts Samurai figure and wanted to do a Samurai Batman but when I was looking for reference material I saw a Medieval Batman and decided that was the way to go for this series of Batman figures.

Ron