Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 526350 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Wow, that's a really cool concept. I think this will be a wonderful diorama when its finished.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Ron this is gonna be great! Off to share.

Thanks heaps Shawn.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hi All,

Update on the Gustav Repair dio.

I added rocks using kitty litter except for the large rock which my son got for me from school LOL. The ground work is a mix of fine sand and spakfilla and once applied and dried I painted and weathered it and the rocks using Vallejo Paints. The tent/shelter frame work was made using thin plastic rod as were the pegs and the cover is tissue and the rope is black cotton and once dry will be painted and weathered.

I have finished painting the Gustav and I added a little weathering and just need to add decals and then complete the weathering. The equipment that is on the base so far has been painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
last 4

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Okay, when I read Maschinenkrieger Gustav I immediately thought of another secret project of the Wehrmacht. But I wasn't sure if you meant the "Schwerer Gustav", "Mörser Karl", "Geschütz Dora" or the "dicke Bertha"...I had no idea, Ron. I've seen two shells of those 80cm-artilleries so far in museums in London and Dresden.
Now that I've read about the "Maschinenkrieger" I know that it's fictional and the idea comes from Japan.
The diorama base and the paint job are looking excellent as usual! Cool idea there!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 12:44:05 AM by Darth More »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
I like it, I like it a lot. I always like maintenance/repair shop dioramas, I'm not sure why. The model is looking fantastic!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Okay, when I read Maschinenkrieger Gustav I immediately thought of another secret project of the Wehrmacht. But I wasn't sure if you meant the "Schwerer Gustav", "Mörser Karl", "Geschütz Dora" or the "dicke Bertha"...I had no idea, Ron. I've seen two shells of those 80cm-artilleries so far in museums in London and Dresden.
Now that I've read about the "Maschinenkrieger" I know that it's fictional and the idea comes from Japan.
The diorama base and the paint job are looking excellent as usual! Cool idea there!

Thanks heaps mate and yeah when I first saw them way back in 88 I thought they were kits of prototypes that the Germans were making. I know what you mean about the Wehrmacht some of their secret projects were impressive to say the least.

I like it, I like it a lot. I always like maintenance/repair shop dioramas, I'm not sure why. The model is looking fantastic!

Thanks so much JD and I'm the same about maintenance/work shop diorama's and I think for me it's having a lot of items on a dio that gives it a realistic feel about them.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral

Thanks so much JD and I'm the same about maintenance/work shop diorama's and I think for me it's having a lot of items on a dio that gives it a realistic feel about them.

Ron
[/quote]
I think personally, it reminds me of summers I'd spend with my grandpa. He was an engineer, mechanic, pilot, you name it. He had this make shift shop in his back yard, he built all Kings of machines. I like mechanical and analog things, as opposed to electronic, maybe that's why I like Star wars and WW2 technology. It's become a lost art. At any rate I really like it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 10:22:55 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Working magic again Ron. I lost power the other night and moved my Walker head diorama to make sure the power folks didn't mess it up. Such an awesome project. I still love it. Thank you bud.

Off to share the latest project.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral

I think personally, it reminds me of summers I'd spend with my grandpa. He was an engineer, mechanic, pilot, you name it. He had this make shift shop in his back yard, he built all Kings of machines. I like mechanical and analog things, as opposed to electronic, maybe that's why I like Star wars and WW2 technology. It's become a lost art. At any rate I really like it.
[/quote]

My dad was a jack of all trades and was like your grandfather always working on something and if you ever needed him he was always in the garage and he also got me into building WW2 models and diorama's.

Working magic again Ron. I lost power the other night and moved my Walker head diorama to make sure the power folks didn't mess it up. Such an awesome project. I still love it. Thank you bud.

Off to share the latest project.

Thanks so much Shawn and always a pleasure mate and glad you still love it.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hi All,

1:35 scale Maschinen Krieger, Gustav Repair completed

Figure's - are from Miniart and the pilot is from set #37005 USMC Tank crew and the mechanics are from set #35285 German tank crew at work (Special Edition). The Gustav is from Hasegawa and it comes with two figures and is set #64102, The special edition tank crew set comes with plastic and photo etched tools and parts and the other tools and equipment are from Italeri is set #419 Field tool shop.

Base - I added rocks using kitty litter except for the large rock which my son got for me from school LOL. The ground work is a mix of fine sand and spakfilla and once applied and dried I painted and weathered it and the rocks using Vallejo Paints. The tent/shelter frame work was made using thin plastic rod as were the pegs and the cover is tissue and the rope is black cotton and was painted and weathered with Vallejo Paints.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
4 more.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Last 4.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Gustav Repair 1:35 Completed P159 03/12/19
« Reply #2383 on: December 03, 2019, 04:11:50 AM »
Magic work yet again Ron. Off to the front pages.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Gustav Repair 1:35 Completed P159 03/12/19
« Reply #2384 on: December 03, 2019, 05:19:13 AM »
As expected: another MASTERPIECE!!!!  :o