Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 526225 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - WW2 Park Fence Display WIP 6" P147 25/07/19
« Reply #2205 on: July 27, 2019, 04:15:05 AM »
Excellent work my friend.
The destroyed wall section and the bench are incredibly detailed.

Thanks heaps buddy, I had fun doing the destroyed wall section and still have a little to go with it but I very happy with the way it turned out. I can't take credit for the chair as it's a MDF dollhouse kit but the details on it are excellent.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2206 on: July 28, 2019, 09:15:06 PM »
Hi All,

The park wall and the Sturmbannfuhrer figure are now completed.
Recipe.

Figure - is from DAMTOYS and even thou the figure and accessories are excellent and myself being a military modeler and customizer I had to repaint the heads, hands, uniform and equipment.

The uniform was taken off and given a wash in warm soapy water and once dry I used a fine piece of sandpaper and pastel chalks on the uniform to make it a little more weathered.  The hands, heads and equipment were repainted and weathered using Vallejo Paints. Instead of repainting the piping on the cap I used white cotton and glued it around the cap to give it more realism.

Base - is high density foam and the park wall and bricks have been made using high density foam and the cobblestone was done using a sharp led pencil.  The park bench is a dollhouse MDF kit I got from ebay and the signs are from Verlinden which I have had for years and are in 1:35 scale so I had to scan them and resize them to 1:12 scale.

I firstly applied a mix of sand and spakfilla with a little brown paint mixed in and applied it to the base. The grass tufts are from my local gaming store and the clumps of grass with the little brown tops and the Dandelions are from MiniNatur.  The old newspapers are from a very small book a mate from form model group gave me and once everything was glued down I used pastel chalks to weather the dio.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2207 on: July 28, 2019, 09:15:49 PM »
4 more

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2208 on: July 28, 2019, 09:16:56 PM »
last 4

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Ron that is fantastic on so many levels, but man the brick work here is really standing out. I really like it.

Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Ron that is fantastic on so many levels, but man the brick work here is really standing out. I really like it.

Off to share.

Hey Shawn, yeah I was very happy with the brick work especially in this scale as most wall damaged buildings I have done have been 1:35 scale so I'll be doing a lot more 1:12 building dio's in the future and thanks heap mate.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Amazing work! The signpost is an excellent detail and the rocks and plants on the ground look really good. I love the brick detail with the stucco overlay stripped away. The figure looks great, too!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Wow, the whole thing looks fantastic. I can't decide which element I like the best. The uniform on the figure looks great. The wall, and sign post are terrific. Overall very cool.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Amazing work! The signpost is an excellent detail and the rocks and plants on the ground look really good. I love the brick detail with the stucco overlay stripped away. The figure looks great, too!

Thanks heaps buddy, I had a lot of fun doing this especially in this scale.

Wow, the whole thing looks fantastic. I can't decide which element I like the best. The uniform on the figure looks great. The wall, and sign post are terrific. Overall very cool.

Thanks heaps JD.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - WW2 Park Wall Display Completed 6" P148 29/07/19
« Reply #2214 on: August 04, 2019, 03:13:42 AM »
Hi All,

Spider man display WIP 1:12 scale

A mate of mine thought he was getting two MAFEX Spiderman figure's of ebay but they turned out to be Knock Offs, so he didn't want them and gave them to me. So I decided to repaint one as the paint apps were crappy and I also started workung on making a shelf/wall hanging display for it.

So far the display as been made using foam board and balsa wood. I peeled off the thin card from the foam and then used a pencil and ruler to mark out the brick and the door so far is foam board with a balsa wood door frame.

The building was painted an weathered using Vallejo paints and the cement between the bricks was done using watered down spakfilla and I just brushed it on and wiped the excess off with a baby wipe.

The exit sign I just got off the net and resized it. The billboard was made using foam board and balsa wood and for the sign itself I got the Daily Bugle and Spider man pics off the net and then added words using PSP and then weathered it with Vallejo Paints.

I still need to make an electrical box and pipes and also add the lights to the billboard.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 03:15:18 AM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - WW2 Park Wall Display Completed 6" P148 29/07/19
« Reply #2215 on: August 04, 2019, 03:16:51 AM »
last four and I also added multiple magnets into the foam board so the magnetic hands and feet can stay attached.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Spider Man wall display WIP 6" P148 04/08/19
« Reply #2216 on: August 04, 2019, 07:09:34 AM »
Wow Ron, talk about trash to treasure! Running out of internet time this morning, but sure getting this on the front pages.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2217 on: August 04, 2019, 02:42:13 PM »
Wow Ron, talk about trash to treasure! Running out of internet time this morning, but sure getting this on the front pages.

Thanks heaps Shawn and I know, I was stoked when he said he didn't want them and he didn't even want any money for them as he didn't want to rip anyone else off. The other one I gave to my daughter as she is a huge Tom Holland nut.

The details on it are very good except the unmasked head sculpt but it looks ok with the repaint, the only huge issue are the joints are very fragile so he won't be getting into to many poses.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2218 on: August 04, 2019, 03:20:42 PM »
Wow! That is really cool. I like the magnet idea, there isn't a wall Spiderman can't climb. Too bad about the joints, but he looks great anyway.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2219 on: August 05, 2019, 12:36:41 AM »
Wow! That is really cool. I like the magnet idea, there isn't a wall Spiderman can't climb. Too bad about the joints, but he looks great anyway.

Thanks heaps JD and the magnets were the first time I've done that type of thing and was really happy with the result.

Ron