Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 526279 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - POTA, "SMILE" 1:10 P145 17/06/19
« Reply #2175 on: June 29, 2019, 01:22:53 AM »
4 more

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - POTA, "SMILE" 1:10 P145 17/06/19
« Reply #2176 on: June 29, 2019, 01:29:08 AM »
last 2

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - JP Muldoon's Jeep #10 WIP 1:18 P145 29/06/19
« Reply #2177 on: June 29, 2019, 02:10:14 AM »
Ah, Ron this is so darn cool! I'm glad that you got a couple if these on eBay! Your Jeep Number 10 looks so goooood. Excellent weathering as always! I really like how you worked out existing details of the mold and even added some accurate new ones!
Seeing this work of art makes me wonder if there's any diecast model of the Jurassic Park vehicles. Did Mattel have the license for these and HotWheels at some point? I always liked the green Jeeps despite the fact they are chained to rails in the movie.
Anyway thanks for sharing your brilliant art with us!

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2178 on: June 29, 2019, 09:36:08 AM »
Wow Ron these look spot on from the movie from what I remember. I can't wait to see what dio you create. Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2179 on: June 29, 2019, 06:25:18 PM »
Ah, Ron this is so darn cool! I'm glad that you got a couple if these on eBay! Your Jeep Number 10 looks so goooood. Excellent weathering as always! I really like how you worked out existing details of the mold and even added some accurate new ones!
Seeing this work of art makes me wonder if there's any diecast model of the Jurassic Park vehicles. Did Mattel have the license for these and HotWheels at some point? I always liked the green Jeeps despite the fact they are chained to rails in the movie.
Anyway thanks for sharing your brilliant art with us!

- Philipp

Hey Philipp, thanks so much mate and really glad you like it, even thou they aren't movie accurate I enjoyed adding the little extra's to it to make it stand out better. There is a 1:18 diecast JP jeep from Matchbox and it's a little smaller then the Mattel version but it looks amazing and I have added a link of a review of it for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhFwstRSd0U

Wow Ron these look spot on from the movie from what I remember. I can't wait to see what dio you create. Off to share.

Thanks heaps Shawn and the dio is just going to be a muddy dirt track/road and some vegetation around and hopefully I'll have it completed by the end of the weekend.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2180 on: July 01, 2019, 07:42:53 PM »
Hi All,

Jurassic Park - Robert Muldoon's jeep number 10 - Completed.

Recipe.

Jeep - is from Mattel and I removed the roll bars which the one on the windscreen needed to be cut off the windscreen using a knife as it was molded to the windscreen. I repainted the jeeps red area's using Vallejo's Flat Red and mixed Vallejo's Beige Brown, White and Iraqi Sand until I got the colour to match and repainted the numbers.

The winch was removed and I painted the black string with Vallejo's Gun Metal and reattached it, the tool boxes, side mirrors, rear view mirror and sun visors were made using plastic card.  I painted the tyres matt black and the chairs medium grey and also painted the blinkers, flood lights and then gave it a wash of Vallejo's Medium Brown.

There are a few cheap crates and boxes under the tarp which are from some WW2 figures and the tarp was done by trying out a baby wipe and then painting and weathering it. The pump action shotgun is from the Robert Muldoon figure from Mattel.

Base - is s picture frame which has had foam board added from strength and for the base of the diorama. The mud is a mix of fine sand, spakfilla and Vallejo's Chocolate Brown paint and it was mixed and then applied to both the base and jeep.  Once the mix was dry I then applied a ground cover on both sides using a mix of sand, dirt, thin sticks, lichen moss, static grass and leaves and this was then applied to the base.

Once the main ground work was dry I glued the jeep to the base and then applied Woodland Scenics Realistic Water with a teaspoon of Vallejo's Chocolate Brown paint and mixed in and then applied it to the base and jeep to make the wet mud look and also to make the puddles.  The grass tufts, and thicker ground foliage are from MiniNatur and the ferns are from the local craft store which were cut to a smaller size and the larger bushes are from Woodland Scenics Olive Green Fine Foliage set.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2181 on: July 01, 2019, 07:43:36 PM »
4 more

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2182 on: July 01, 2019, 07:44:05 PM »
last 2

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hi All,

"Houston we have a Problem" - 1:18 scale.

This is why we never went back to the moon.

Recipe.

Astronauts - are from Dragon Models and they had minor articulation in the shoulders and thighs using ball joints so I removed them and re-glued the arms and legs back on and puttied up the gaps and re-painted them using Vallejo Paints.

The NASA patch and flag I got off the net and resized them and printed them off and cut them out and glued them into place using PVA glue.

Base - is foam board and the Horus statues are from Reality In Scale and the tiled floor was done using cork board. The moon ground work was done using spakfilla and sand and once dry it was painted grey and then grey pastel chalks.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
4 more

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
last 2

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - "Houston we have a Problem" 1:18 P146 15/07/19
« Reply #2186 on: July 15, 2019, 07:30:41 AM »
Sure would make a lot of sense. Would be so cool to see a new sci fi movie along these lines or something.

I also don't know where my comments went for your final JP Jeep went, but I did get it on the front page too.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2187 on: July 15, 2019, 03:54:21 PM »
Sure would make a lot of sense. Would be so cool to see a new sci fi movie along these lines or something.

I also don't know where my comments went for your final JP Jeep went, but I did get it on the front page too.

Hey Shawn and it sure would make sense and I for one would really love to know why we haven't gone back. All good buddy I actually replied back and both our messages have gone, it's like the moon landing will never know why LOL.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #2188 on: July 19, 2019, 11:23:35 AM »
Ron, nice job with the Jeep - the attention to detail is amazing. I love that moon dio - great job!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2189 on: July 19, 2019, 06:04:07 PM »
Ron, nice job with the Jeep - the attention to detail is amazing. I love that moon dio - great job!

Thanks heaps buddy.

Ron