Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 526391 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Baryonyx Repaint P123 05/07/18
« Reply #1845 on: July 06, 2018, 01:38:58 AM »
Ron that is an awesome one dio. Kinda sad this is the last one for awhile. These were great. off to share.

Hey Shawn, thanks heaps mate and don't worry the dino dio's will be back but time for some Thunderbirds fun and in a few weeks a step by step tutorial on a Scarif dio I'm going to do.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1846 on: July 06, 2018, 05:42:06 AM »
Man that all sounds great too.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1847 on: July 06, 2018, 09:42:19 PM »
Man that all sounds great too.

Thanks Shawn, I'll have a few WIP pics of the Thunderbirds dio I'm working on soon.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1848 on: July 08, 2018, 12:17:07 AM »
Hi All,

l started a new dio and This is going to a Thunderbirds dio called Behind the Scene. It will depict a member playing around with TB1 to get the best shots for the shoot.

The dio is 1:12 scale and TB1 is 1:350 scale which is a perfect size match for a 1:12 scale figure. So far I have made the partial building using foam and balsa wood, the table is also made using foam board and balsa wood.

The background picture is a hand painted piece I scanned from a book and then printed it off and Kirk is used to show the scale. I still have alot to go and will show more WIP pics soon.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1849 on: July 08, 2018, 12:17:31 AM »
last 2

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - TB Behind the Scene 1:12 WIP P124 08/07/18
« Reply #1850 on: July 08, 2018, 05:22:43 AM »
Pretty interesting project Ron. I like the whole special effects scenery.

Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1851 on: July 08, 2018, 05:26:53 PM »
Pretty interesting project Ron. I like the whole special effects scenery.

Off to share.

Thanks heaps Shawn and I was just looking for detailed view of TB1 hanger bay so I can paint mine up correctly and came across a whole lot of behind the scene's pics and thought I have to make something like that.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1852 on: July 12, 2018, 07:29:02 PM »

Hi All,

The Thunderbirds Behind the Scenes is now complete.

The dio is 1:12 scale and TB1 is 1:350 scale which is a perfect size match for a 1:12 scale figure. The partial building is made from foam aoard nd balsa wood, the table is also made using foam board and balsa wood.

The scenery on the table is a mix spakfilla and sand and once dry was painted weathered using Vallejo Paints. The trees and bushes are from Woodlnad Scenics Fine Leaf Foliage and TB1, the vehicle and small figures are all 1:350 scale.

The background picture is a hand painted piece I scanned from a book and then printed it off and the frame work is done using balsa wood and plastic tubes.

The rood brackets are made from plasic tube and the lights hanging of them were made using plastic card and old ear phone cord.

The studio lights were made using bottle caps and plastic tube and the wheels are 1:72 tank wheels and the cords are from an old light.

The camera is made using balsa wood for the legs and the camera is made from plastic card and greeblies form the parts box. The ladder and the step up are made from balsa wood.

The Kirk figure is just for scale.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1853 on: July 12, 2018, 07:29:43 PM »
4 more

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1854 on: July 12, 2018, 07:30:57 PM »
last 4

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Pretty sweet Ron, pretty sweet. I like it a lot.

Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Oh, Ron - your skills are almost perverse (frankly speaking). Please, don't get me wrong, but I don't even know what to say anymore...this project is similar to the ones of MAXX Replicas...I just love these dioramas of film sets and the "making off"...

This time around I also have story of my childhood to share:
As a kid I had a retractable toy rocket, which I absolutely loved! I never knew where I got it from, it was just there in my toy box...And now I know that it was actually a Thunderbird rocket (not that I know Thunderbird, yet...). If I hadn't seen your artwork, I would've probably forgotton about my toy rocket forever. So thank you very much for giving me all these good memories back!

Have a great weekend, you master artist!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 02:28:23 PM by Darth More »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Pretty sweet Ron, pretty sweet. I like it a lot.

Off to share.

Thanks heaps Shawn, it was a fun little project to do and I am waiting on a TB4 to arrive so I can do a behind the scenes with that as well.

Oh, Ron - your skills are almost perverse (frankly speaking). Please, don't get me wrong, but I don't even know what to say anymore...this project is similar to the ones of MAXX Replicas...I just love these dioramas of film sets and the "making off"...

This time around I also have story of my childhood to share:
As a kid I had a retractable toy rocket, which I absolutely loved! I never knew where I got it from, it was just there in my toy box...And now I know that it was actually a Thunderbird rocket (not that I know Thunderbird, yet...). If I hadn't seen your artwork, I would've probably forgotton about my toy rocket forever. So thank you very much for giving me all these good memories back!

Have a great weekend, you master artist!

- Philipp

Hey Philipp, mate I'm stoked that it bought those memories back and thanks heaps buddy and since I have been building all the TB dio's it has been bringing back a lot of childhood memories for me as well.

I remember I was 8-9 yrs old and they use to do reruns of TB at 6am and it use to be always in winter and I would get up around 5:45am and throw my slippers and my robe on over my PJ's and then go to the kitchen and get myself a bowl of cornflakes. I would the go to the lounge room turn on the little heater sit in front of it and eat my cornflakes while watching the TB. Ah the good old days they were great memories.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hi All,

I restarted my Batcave dio/display but due to space I had to extremely resize it (Yep got over ambitious on the first one LOL), so saying that I have redone the Batcave to only have the Batcomputer and armoury.

The base was done using high density foam for the base itself and the back section I used foam board. I then used Woodlnad Scenics Shaper Sheet which is a medium thickness foil with mesh behind it and you can shap it into any shape you want to for making cliffs, rockfaces etc. I highly recommend this product as it cheap and light weight even when plaster has been applied.

Once the Shaper Sheet was glued in place I usually use watered down spakfilla but ran out so I used palster of paris instead and applied it to the Shaper Sheet.

I then used Rustoleum spray paints Matt black and Medium Grey and sprayed the black first and while drying appiled the Medium grey. Once dry I then lightly dry brushed Vallejo Medium Grey toe give to rock face some depth.

I used a non slip sheet for steps or showers and cut out what I needed and appiled that to the floor which will be drybrushed to simulate a metal floor.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Batcave display 1:12 WIP P124 15/07/18
« Reply #1859 on: July 15, 2018, 05:08:13 AM »
Man, this is gonna be great Ron. Off to share the update.