Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 526257 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
last 2

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Already looks great to me. I like the two in one dios. Twice the fun. Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Already looks great to me. I like the two in one dios. Twice the fun. Off to share.

Thanks heaps Shawn.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral

Hi All,

McCoy's 2 in 1 dio is now completed 1:12 scale

Recipe

McCoy - The head is from a Art Asylum figure which I trimmed down to fit on the Mezco's Spock body. I then mixed paint to get the same colour as the uniform and painted over the top rank line to give him his LT Commander rank.

The vile in his hand is clear plastic rod and the med kit was made using pleather and the viles, syringe and medical scanner in made from plastic rod and clear plastic and there a two small magnets to make it stay closed.

The other personal equipment came with the Spock figure and I used Vallejo paints and Army Painter to repaint the head, hands and equipment.

Base - is thick foam board and the McCoy's office table was done using foam board as well. The chair is a 3D print a friend did for me and I used black material to cover the leather area's.

The skull is a head I had in the parts box and I just removed the eye's and nose and repainted it. The frame with the old medical tools is plastic card with a dry baby wipe glued over it and the strips ove plastic card glued over the baby wipe.

The tools all have been made using plastic rod and strips, the computer, computer screen and medical cards are all made from plastic card and the note pad is from the 7" Art Asylum Trek figures.

The other side of the base is a picture from the net I printed off and glued in place and the sand is a mix of spakfilla and sand and once dry given a light wash of Vallejo's Desert sand.

The shrubs are from Woodland Scenics Fine foliage Olive Green set and the grass tufts are from Army Painter and are called swamp tuft.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
4 more

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
another 4

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
last 4

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Very cool Ron. I love the old school Star Trek. I like the drastic change in environments on this one too.

Off to share.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
Superb Trek diorama. Unlike other fans, I like both Star Trek and Star Wars (except the new movies/series :p)
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
I like all sci fi in general. I don't know why some folks always want some folks to pick one side or the other. I don't deal with them for very long when I interact with them.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
I like all sci fi in general. I don't know why some folks always want some folks to pick one side or the other. I don't deal with them for very long when I interact with them.
Very cool Ron. I love the old school Star Trek. I like the drastic change in environments on this one too.

Off to share.

Thanks heaps Shawn and yeah I was a Trek fan before I was a SW fan but I love both as you know as long as I enjoy them I'm happy.

Superb Trek diorama. Unlike other fans, I like both Star Trek and Star Wars (except the new movies/series :p)

Cheers Buddy, and I love the new movies but did find it hard to get into Discovery but after rteh 4th episode I loved it.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hi All,

Next Star Trek 2 in 1 dio/display is Spock. 1:12 scale

Recipe

Spock - is from Mezco Toys and I repainted his heads, hands and equipment using Vallejo Paints.

Base - Spock's station is made from foam board and the screens are pics I got of the net and resized them and printed them off and glued them on.

The instrumant panels and buttons are all done using plastic card and the access screens below the station was done using fly screen and plastic card.

The other side of the dio/display was again done using foam for the wall and then peeling some of the paper off and then scribing the brick work into the foam using a sharp pencil.

The door was done using balsa wood and the latch and bolts were done using plastic card, The dirt was dort by mixing sand and spakfilla together then applying it to the base and once dry several washes of beige brown were used to get the colour I wanted. On both sides Vallejo and Army Painter paints were used to paint the base.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
3 more

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
another 3

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
last 3