Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 526259 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - 1:35 German Paratrooper dio Completed P113 22/02/18
« Reply #1695 on: February 24, 2018, 09:02:45 PM »
Hi All,

New WW2 dio and this is a 1:72 scale Tiger 1 early production kit from Zvezda and is a snap kit and built straight from the box with the only alteration to be done was to drill a hole in the muzzle as it different have one.

Recipe

Tank & Figures - as mentioned is from Zvezda and it was painted and weathered using Vallejo paints and Pastel chalks,  the two figures are from Dragon Models and were painted with Vallejo Paints.

Base - is an old 1:6 action figure base and I used Tamiya's Diorama Texture Paint (Dark Soil) and covered the base with it. while drying I added the tank and applied the Textured Paint to the tank on the skirts, tracks etc.

The tall grass tuft are from Army Painter and the tree's and bushes are from Woodland Scenics and is their Fine Leaf Olive Green Foliage and I just snapped off pieces I wanted and glued in place.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - 1:35 German Paratrooper dio Completed P113 22/02/18
« Reply #1696 on: February 24, 2018, 09:03:21 PM »
another 4

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1697 on: February 24, 2018, 09:03:45 PM »
last 2

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - 1:72 German Tiger 1 Tank dio Completed P114 25/02/18
« Reply #1698 on: February 25, 2018, 05:27:19 AM »
That looks awesome Ron. Just awesome vegetation work here. Still wonder how the war would have gone had they gotten those Tigers into full scale production. Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - 1:72 German Tiger 1 Tank dio Completed P114 25/02/18
« Reply #1699 on: February 25, 2018, 02:38:23 PM »
That looks awesome Ron. Just awesome vegetation work here. Still wonder how the war would have gone had they gotten those Tigers into full scale production. Off to share.

If they didn't run out of fuel I would say it would have turned out a lot different that is for sure especially with some of the larger and newer tanks they were developing and thanks heaps mate.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1700 on: February 26, 2018, 10:31:38 PM »
You continue to deliver excellent quality WW2 vignette-dioramas (vignoramas?). I really love the way the Tiger turned out, hidden in the foliage. Zvezda produces some good products (I have several sets of 1/72 scale Medieval and Ancient troops). But the paint and diorama details you put into these builds really elevates them to something special.

PS - I talked with son about posting some 40K Space Marine images, he said, "I'm repainting - didn't like the color scheme - maybe when I'm done." :(

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1701 on: February 26, 2018, 10:51:17 PM »
You continue to deliver excellent quality WW2 vignette-dioramas (vignoramas?). I really love the way the Tiger turned out, hidden in the foliage. Zvezda produces some good products (I have several sets of 1/72 scale Medieval and Ancient troops). But the paint and diorama details you put into these builds really elevates them to something special.

PS - I talked with son about posting some 40K Space Marine images, he said, "I'm repainting - didn't like the color scheme - maybe when I'm done." :(

Thanks heaps mate and it has been awesome getting back into the WW2 models again after 14 yrs. When your son has repainted them myself and the boy would love to see them.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1702 on: February 28, 2018, 11:39:26 AM »
Im really liking these WW2 dios. You're knocking them out of the park.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1703 on: February 28, 2018, 03:20:02 PM »
Im really liking these WW2 dios. You're knocking them out of the park.

Thanks heaps JD and the little vignettes are always the fastest to make but I want to make a larger dio once I have the space again.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hi All,

Just completed another small 1:35 2 figure vignette. This small vignette is of the 5th SS Panzer Division Wiking in Poland 1944.

This one shows a SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer (Captain) wearing his M1944 dot pattern tunic and pants and the SS-Scharfuhrer (Sergeant) wearing his black field jacket and M1944.

The figures figure upper and lower sections are form an old ICM tank crew kit I had in my cupboard and the arms are a mix of Dragon and Masterbox. The Captain head is a Dragon head and the Sergeant is a ICM head.

The figures were painted and weathered using Vallejo, AK interactive paints and pastel chalks and once dry I used Tamiya decals for the insignia and epelets

The base is a pice of thick balsa wood and the cobble stone road and foot path is an old vac form street corner and I just cut out what I need and glued in on the base.

The street lamp is from Tamiya and the rubble is a mix of sand/kitty litter and spakfilla. Once the mix was ready I just appiled it to the base and once dry I painted and weathered the base using Vallejo paints and pastel chalks.

The Wiking emblem was saved from the net then I used my printer to shrink it down and print it off and then cut it out and glued it in place.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
4 more

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
last 2.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - 1:35 SS Tank Crew dio Completed P114 04/03/18
« Reply #1707 on: March 04, 2018, 05:46:21 AM »
Another incredibly detailed WWII dio! The street lamp is a very nice detail and foreshadows how the rest of the environment probably looks like...thumbs up!

I didn't know this tank division before even though I live in Germany. Now, I know it was a very important one and there's even a lyric text/song about the history of the "Wiking" on YouTube. So if you want to listen to some old German with lots of rolling "r"s and rough riffs follow the link: DOUBLE-CLICK on the video embedded

And here's an interview with Michael Wittmann (SS-Commander, SS-Hauptsturmfuehrer) and  English subtitles: Michael Wittman was the most "successful" tank commander of WWII with 138 confirmed hits.

Please, tell me if I should remove the links again and I will do so at once.

WWII is horrible, but a part of history we should all learn from. Declaring war on everyone was just insane. Opening the Eastern front against Stalin was another fatal - if not the biggest - mistake by Hitler. The Russians alone lost over 20,000,000. And about 70 million total losses. This mustn't happen ever, again. But even without a World War the world is still at war today with 20 wars and conflicts in 2017 and hundreds of people paying with their lives every day - this makes me very sad.

- Philipp
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 04:02:59 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1708 on: March 04, 2018, 06:30:32 AM »
Very nice Ron. I like it. Off to share.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #1709 on: March 04, 2018, 10:52:22 AM »
The Tiger dio and the Tank Crew dio are phenomenal.
I really like the Flecktarn on the tank crew.
Excellent work.