Author Topic: JediMerc's Customs: Harn Vandeth - EpVII Custom Contest Entry (upd 3/24/13)  (Read 38118 times)

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
that sniper kicks ass!!!!! great job ;D ;D

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Love the two new additions!! I love those spaghetti westerns too.  Sergio Leone baby 8)

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Glad everyone liked the sniper; I put him together pretty quickly and I'm still not sure I'm 100% done with him.  Still looking for a leg strap and some ammunition containers to attach to his arm/leg. 

I didn't think it was possible to fall in love with your own custom, but I have really enjoyed working on my "Clone with No Name".  When I saw Sinister's artwork, I knew I had to get this guy posted.  Now I just hope that if movie/t.v. shows as customs ever becomes a contest that I don't run out of ideas/fodder for it!   :)

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Excellent Clones. I especially like the clone with no name.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Thanks Mungo...your Jedi are still better than my clones.  My Order 66 success rate would be pretty low when standing up to your figs!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Man, that sniper figure turned out great. I like your clone with no name figure as well.

How about a recipe for that sniper fig?

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
the sniper figure looks great JM
I guess you used parts from a Scuba Trooper, RC, AT-TE Tank Gunner, EVO Trooper and Airborne Trooper
a good mix and the result is fantastic

Offline blowtorchscorch

• Cadet

Excellent customs!!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
the sniper figure looks great JM
I guess you used parts from a Scuba Trooper, RC, AT-TE Tank Gunner, EVO Trooper and Airborne Trooper
a good mix and the result is fantastic
Man, that sniper figure turned out great. I like your clone with no name figure as well.

How about a recipe for that sniper fig?

FF & Clonehead: Pretty much on the dot...the body (torso/biceps/upper & lower legs/right forearm are from the Scuba trooper; feet from a phase III clone; left forearm is EVO trooper; chest harness/plate is from realistic AT-TE tank gunner; helmet is an airborne trooper (modded with an antenna from an old Boba Fett helmet); left arm guard is from a GIJoe 25th Wraith (modded); snow spikes on feet come from a 25th GIJoe Snake Eyes (snow gear).  The sniper gun is from a more recent Joe fig (can't remember which one) and I haven't the faintest where the backpack comes from (modded to fit around the chest harness).

Thanks for taking a look guys!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
I am a HUGE fan of the Dark Times comics and The Force Unleashed!  (I really wish that if new movies were to come out that they would focus on the storylines from this era: great characters, involved strytelling, the works.)  Anyway, I try to get in new depictions of Starkiller--check out his Hero outfit from TFU2 earlier in the thread---and I've got another I wanted to see what you guys thought.

Here's a WIP of Starkiller (Empirical Escape) from TFU.  I don't like how his neck came out---I had to shave down a Concept Ki-Adi Mundi cloak to fit him---so that'll be fixed sometime in the future.  Overall, I like how he's turned out so far, but everyone can let me know what they recommend be altered:

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Re: JediMerc's Customs (upd. 3/26/11: Starkiller -Empirical Escape from TFU)
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2011, 05:39:13 AM »
Nice job, may I ask what part you  used?

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
that sniper kicks ass!!!!! great job ;D ;D

I agree.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2011, 06:14:00 AM »
Nice job, may I ask what part you  used?

For Starkiller, here's the parts:

Head = Starkiller (Toys R Us 5-pk)
torso = Concept Ki-Adi Mundi (TLC) -- heavy mods on the neck area
kama = Borsk Fey'lya (TLC Comic Pack)
arms = GIJoe POC Duke (jungle gear)
right hand = EVO Count Dooku; left hand = Luke Skywalker (Endor Capture) -- allows to pose Starkiller's saber more freely in the manner he holds it
legs = Hoth Han Solo (Saga Legends)
feet = GIJoe ROC Kamakura

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2011, 06:39:35 AM »
Wow - for such a disparate group of parts, you've made them flow together *very* well.

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2011, 07:53:00 AM »
awesome great mix of parts ;D