Author Topic: JediMerc's Customs: Harn Vandeth - EpVII Custom Contest Entry (upd 3/24/13)  (Read 38118 times)

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: JediMerc's Customs: Alternate Takes - The Skywalker Family (upd 9/19/12)
« Reply #285 on: September 20, 2012, 05:41:20 AM »
Awesome!  Luke's armor looks familiar but I can't place it.  Please enlighten me.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #286 on: September 20, 2012, 08:10:02 AM »
Both of the Skywalkers look great! Really like the look of Cade!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #287 on: September 20, 2012, 09:14:04 AM »
Really liking the Cade too  :)  I just ordered a few casts of that scarf.  It's one of my all-time favorite accessories.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #288 on: September 20, 2012, 07:55:43 PM »
Awesome!  Luke's armor looks familiar but I can't place it.  Please enlighten me.

No problem, JM.

The armor comes from the GIJoe Wraith (25th Anv Collection); I shave down the shoulders a bit to all his arms more range of motion and cut the stomach guard off it.  It looks much bulkier in its original form.

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #289 on: September 20, 2012, 08:09:11 PM »
I knew the chest armor but the rest of the body, I'm not sure.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #290 on: September 21, 2012, 03:39:10 AM »
I knew the chest armor but the rest of the body, I'm not sure.

Oops, sorry.  

The body (torso, upper legs, biceps) is mostly from the Luke (Dark Empire comic pack).  Head is from the Luke/Deena stealth armor comic pack (I painted the hair with a couple of brown/gold washes).

The shin armor is from the standard, SA Vader.  The forearm gauntlets come from an EVO trooper or Imp Jump trooper (can't remember which one exactly) from one of the TRU Starkiller 5-packs.  The open right hand with armor plate comes from an ROTS AT-RT driver (2005 line); the other is just from a clone trooper I had lying around.  

The holster is from a Gen. Hawk (POC) fig; the other belt was in my accessory bin.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 03:40:52 AM by JediMerc »

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #291 on: September 21, 2012, 05:07:28 AM »
Very Well Done!  I'm impressed with the parts list.  Always great to hear the various parts used for any custom.  I have yet to do much taking apart.  Alway afraid to break or rip something.  At least when I use Joe figures, there's the option of just unscrewing the legs.  Recently, I have taken a dremel to some heads I've taken off of older SW figs to fit on necks on either SW or Joes.  Those will be some, hopefully soon, posts I'll be doing.  Again, great work.

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #292 on: September 21, 2012, 07:09:31 AM »
Merc those Skywalkers are AMAZING! You know me, I love the OT and Luke is my favourite character of all time.

Those are so, so, so good. I've never liked the Hasbro produced Cade figure - yours blows it away and I may have to make one myself to go with my Ben in my Skywalker legacy run!!

Thanks so much fo rsharing some really great work!

Ray

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #293 on: September 22, 2012, 04:15:43 AM »
Jedi Minstrel: Thanks for your feedback!  I totally understand the fear of ruining a fig---especially when they cost you $9-12 these days.  I hesitated for the longest time to take my figs apart, but once I did (and realized that they could be left in boiling water for a loooong time without any damage), the sky became the limit.  I have no problem taking any fig apart now.  You figs are always cool-looking, so I don't think that has hampered your work in the least bit!

WB: Really appreciate you stopping in; I 've been following your work since eary in the year and I am continuously amazed at how creative your parts choices and color schemes are in your figs.  I'm a HUGE OT fan too and I've always seemed to gravitate more to Luke than to Han, etc.  (I think Luke's character gets a bad rep, despite the whiny-ness in EpIV and early EpV).  Loking forward to seeing more awesome takes on OT characters from you; your recent alternate Bespin fatigues Luke is AWESOME!

DarthDaddy: Thanks for the comments; it's good to be posting again, though it my awhile again before I can get more up on the site.  Regarding the scarf, I totally agree: great accessory.  If you happen to have any extras of those casted scarfs in the future, let me know...I'd be interested in a couple!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:18:30 AM by JediMerc »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #294 on: September 22, 2012, 05:14:59 AM »
How did I miss this? JM, I am so behind in my customs threads. Pat and Chad are trying to come to my rescue, but I finally did get this update where it belongs. On the front page.

Good to see your update. I can sure relate to the lack of time thing.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #295 on: September 22, 2012, 06:39:41 AM »
Well done  a much better version of cade then the regular figure from Hasbro. cant wait to see more. Btw i did go back a few pages and saw the link from that guy that wants  $9000 for the head sculpt.s  While they are stunning especially the Arliel schous  . it is way too much  and  i read quite a few posts from several admirer's He got blasted For his price lol.... Anyway keep up the great work    All the best  Art

Offline DaBooma

• Ensign
« Reply #296 on: September 22, 2012, 06:47:35 AM »
This is BEYOND AWESOME~!

I love this whole idea!!

Can you tell me what parts you used?

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #297 on: September 22, 2012, 08:51:18 AM »
Well done  a much better version of cade then the regular figure from Hasbro. cant wait to see more. Btw i did go back a few pages and saw the link from that guy that wants  $9000 for the head sculpt.s  While they are stunning especially the Arliel schous  . it is way too much  and  i read quite a few posts from several admirer's He got blasted For his price lol.... Anyway keep up the great work    All the best  Art

Thanks for the comments; it sure does feel good to be able to post some of the stuff I've done recently after not having any time to photograph for such a long time.  

I totally agree about the guy selling his sculpts: waaaay too high a price.  Still cool to look at nonetheless.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #298 on: September 22, 2012, 09:18:10 AM »
Cade is AWESOME! Great job! :D
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #299 on: September 22, 2012, 10:17:04 AM »
This is BEYOND AWESOME~!

I love this whole idea!!

Can you tell me what parts you used?

Thanks for the comments; here's what I used:

Head = Luke Skywalker (Deena/Luke stealth armor comic pack)
Torso/biceps/upper legs = Luke (Dark Empire comic pack)
Forearm gauntlets = Imp EVO or Jump trooper from TFU 5-pk
Shin guards/lower legs = Darth Vader (TAC EpIV)
Open right hand = AT-RT Driver (RotS - 2005)
Left hand = TVC15 clone trooper
Chest armor = GIJoe Wraith (25th anniversary)
Holster = GIJoe Gen. Hawk (POC)
Top belt = ? (fodder bin)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:18:53 AM by JediMerc »