Author Topic: JediMerc's Customs: Harn Vandeth - EpVII Custom Contest Entry (upd 3/24/13)  (Read 38125 times)

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
JM, why I've not paid more attention to your work before I do not know, but this latest figure has certainly caught my eye.

All I can say is that I want one, and I have a serious case of Custom Figure Envy as it's one of my favorite customs of the year so far. I love the collection of parts, the whole thing just works really well.

Very inspiring indeed.

Thank you: I really appreciate this, especially coming from one of the best on these boards.  I've been fortunate to have been able to follow your work for some time and your paint apps have served somewhat of a template for me as I've tried to improve my own work.  I don't pump out the same number of customs that many here are able to, with work and two little ones running around and all, but I try to put my best into whatever I have the opportunity to.

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
and that really shows   its a superbly executed and well thought out custom  well done!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
JM, you are far too modest... :)

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
Very nice work on your Starkiller! Loving him!

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
Awesome job on starkiller :o

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
I appreciate everyone taking a look at this one; it's great to be able to be inspired and supported by some of the best customizers out there!

By the way, someone on another board I posted this on told me that Hasbro has announced a version of Starkiller in this particular outfit...I was under the assumption it's just the new pilot/rebel hero outfit due in June/July.  Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?  Just curious... ;)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:55:49 AM by JediMerc »

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Not sure, the version that is in our high rez gallery doesn't look like this version. It would be nice if true though.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Not sure, the version that is in our high rez gallery doesn't look like this version. It would be nice if true though.

Fortunately, I'm glad that this outfit will not---at least in the near future---be released by Hasbro.  I'd kinda like to enjoy this one before Hasbro says "Yeah, we're going to do that one too..."

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Don't blame you a bit. Even if they do, it won't be as nice as yours anyhow. I have never seen Hasbro produce as nice of a figure as the Yarders since we have been around.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
That's one solid Starkiller, Jedimerc. Great work from head to toe  8)

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
That's one solid Starkiller, Jedimerc. Great work from head to toe  8)

Thanks; your work is outstanding and one of my inspirations to keep getting better!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
That Galen Marek is excelletn!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
That Galen Marek is excelletn!

I agree. This one so far outshines the new one Hasbro is releasing that I might not even get the new release. The custom guys here sure do ruin some Hasbro releases for me. I find that an awesome problem though.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Re: JediMerc's Customs (Check This Out: Awesome Headsculpts!)
« Reply #268 on: May 21, 2012, 06:52:52 PM »
Hey all!  I haven't had much time for custom work until June (when our school year ends), but there'll be some pics up soon of some simple parts swaps and NPKB's...

In the meantime, thought some of you might be interested in seeing this guys work over at Rebelscum; absolutely amazing headsculpts of SW, EU, and Indiana Jones characters:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1081942/

Amazing custom stuff!

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
Re: JediMerc's Customs (Check This Out: Awesome Headsculpts!)
« Reply #269 on: May 21, 2012, 07:32:30 PM »
Amazing link!!! how do get a hold of those DARTH PLAGUEIS  sculpts?