Author Topic: JediMerc's Customs: Harn Vandeth - EpVII Custom Contest Entry (upd 3/24/13)  (Read 38123 times)

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Re: JediMerc's Customs
« Reply #150 on: May 26, 2011, 05:03:36 PM »
You got Kesseled!

Congrats my friend!!

Love that clone too, by the way!

Thanks!  Been swamped at work lately; hope to be back soon with more!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »
That is an awesome clone. Would you mind sharing the parts list?

Sorry, Mungo...been extremely busy lately...only a bit of time every now and then to post here.  Hope to change that soon!

Here's the parts list for that clone sniper:

torso/biceps/upper & lower legs/right forearm =  Scuba trooper
feet = ROTS phase III clone
left forearm = EVO trooper
chest harness/plate = ROTS AT-TE tank gunner
helmet = TAC Airborne trooper (modded with an antenna from an old Boba Fett helmet)
left arm guard = GIJoe 25th Wraith (modded)
snow spikes on feet = 25th GIJoe Snake Eyes (snow gear)

*The sniper gun is from a more recent Joe fig (can't remember which one) and I haven't the faintest where the backpack comes from (modded to fit around the chest harness).

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2011, 10:03:25 PM »
one word: incredible !!!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2011, 06:27:07 AM »
I haven't been able to get my computer out of storage until after we move, but found some pics of older customs I had in an e-mail account that I hadn't posted here.

Here's my take on a former Jedi (post-Order 66) working the lower levels of Coruscant, Jax Pavan from the Coruscant Nights series.  I kept his look really simple, as I was just getting started in customizing at the time.  This was also one of my stabs at customizing new weapons, as his blaster is cobbled together from a few different pieces.   I'll probably go back to re-do him at some point:

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 05:34:39 AM by JediMerc »

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Re: JediMerc's Customs ("Jedi on the run..." - upd. 6/25/11)
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2011, 06:32:08 AM »
Here's my take on Dass Jennir's look from the Blue Harvest comic arc of Dark Times.  I'm probably most proud of the chest harness Dass is seen wearing, as I actually had to cut and piece the armor harnesses from the Matt Trakker fig (GIJoe 25th anny.) and then do a little bit of sewing---yes, sewing---to get it to fit correctly.  I think the new POC Duke head actually fits the character better, but the Trakker head was what I had available at the time.  The colors and weapons are in-line with the character as seen at the end of the Blue Harvest arc of Dark Times:

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 05:37:40 AM by JediMerc »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2011, 06:52:47 AM »
JediMerc Added to "CUSTOMS I WISH I OWNED"

To see the video:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/06/jedimerc-added-to-customs-i-wish-i.html

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2011, 06:57:52 AM »
Thanks, DD and Elias; this is a great honor!

You've done a lot for the customizers out there by helping us to showcase our work: THANK YOU!   :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:48:11 AM by JediMerc »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2011, 07:27:05 AM »
OUR PLEASURE!!

Offline lucasclones_strikes_back

• Clone Commander
  • Commander
  • THe skill and creativity of a 12 year old!
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2011, 01:37:44 PM »
NICE!

I maybe little but i make one shot and one kill... At a cool custom-one more thing ITSA TRAP!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2011, 06:19:04 PM »
Great job on those two customs.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2011, 07:59:32 PM »
I'm liking Jax and Dass.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2011, 05:40:03 AM »
Thanks!  Looking back at these two had me thinking about just how conservative I was with paint apps at the time, just getting started and all.  I have to laugh when I look at them now as I feel my technique has gotten so much better... :D

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2011, 04:29:03 AM »
Just got into our new house...all my stuff's out if storage and I'm ready to scratch my customizing itch!   ;D   Already been working on a few new customs that will be posted shortly!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 04:31:54 AM by JediMerc »

Offline darknsour

• Captain
Re: JediMerc's Customs (Updates Coming Soon!)
« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2011, 04:39:51 AM »
Love these guy's!!! Great work!!!

I'm in the same boat!!! Just moved into a new place and I'm getting out from under all these boxes!!!

I think I'll be able to start customizing soon!!!

Lookin at your stuff makes me want to start up again!!!

thanks
Rich

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Re: JediMerc's Customs (Updated! -- New Republic Jedi -- 8/10/11)
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2011, 01:04:04 PM »
Well...my family finally got into our new home and finished renovating what we needed to, so...a chance to get some new customs out there!  I've got quite a few WIP's, including a version of Wyl Tarson (double agent - Rebellion comic series), Starkiller (Corellian Flight Suit), a clone bounty hunter, and a smuggler/part-time soldier during the time of the rebellion.  I'll be posting WIP pics of the clone bounty hunter in the next few days...

But first, here's a fig I'm really happy with how he turned out.  I wanted to blend my vision of what I have been reading with some of the artistic elements from the TOR smuggler character (chest belts).  Ever since seeing Luke in his Bespin fatigues in TESB, I've always liked thinking of the Jedi not in some simple brown/tan robe, but instead wearing clothing more like that of the typical citizen (albeit with some minor additions of armor, etc.) and using alternative weaponry along with their lightsabers.  That's why I've always been fascinated by the  descriptions of the members of the Jedi Order during the NJO novels, wearing the gear and clothing that I always envisioned since 1980:

Jayce Rellin (New Republic Jedi)
 - Rellin was once a member of a police force on a small backwater planet in the outer rim, but that was before galactic hero Luke Skywalker established his Jedi Academy following the Galactic Civil War.  Skywalker followed up on reports of individuals performing strange or extraordinary acts and tested them for force sensitivity.   Skywalker traveled to meet Rellin after word reached him of a law officer who, while in pursuit of a gang of local thugs who had attempted to rob a bacta processing center,  single-handedly---and with no seemingly available weapons or tools---"grabbed hold of the air surrounding a building" that had been detonated by the thugs to slow his pursuit, slowly lowering it without allowing it to harm innocents who were inside.   After rescuing all inside, Rellin supposedly tracked the thugs in the hours after they scattered and, one by one, apprehended them following only the "scent of their fear".  His fellow officers were amazed and this tale was leaked to outside authorities, where it somehow was passed along to Master Skywalker.  

Skywalker's tests found Rellin to possess above-average force sensitivity and he offered Jayce an opportunity to join the Jedi Order.  Rellin, without hesitation, accepted.  He became a Jedi Knight within 2 years of joining the order and is currently stationed along the Perlemian Trade Route, tracking pirates and assisting local planetary governments in economic and political disputes.  Recently, word has reached him that an invasion fleet of bio-organic make has breached known space and is heading toward his area of operations...

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 04:52:08 AM by JediMerc »