Author Topic: Star Wars: The Battlefront Project - Pandemic BF I & II - EA/DICE BF I & II  (Read 18551 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Very nice. Sounds like a huge job clearing a parking lot. And you found time to customize even like that.

And yes I am glad the forums is working again too. I hope I don't have to go through that anytime soon.

Off to the front pages.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
wow
So many outstanding customs are on the way.
I can't wait to see the finished NR-N99. The paintjob is phenomenal.
The Clone Commando from BFII looks very interesting. I've never seen a Commando with kama before.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
I'm really liking how these are turning out. I'm waiting for the end results, I think they will be specatular.

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
RC-1136: Thanks a lot for your comment, RC! Means a lot to hear that from you! You and Clonehead are the Commando experts on here. I do have the designs for these four. If you know the custom Republic Commando mod for Star Wars Battlefront II, you'll already know the Skins ;)
The problem I got with Citadel's assortment though is that it's either all or nothing. The specific shades worked perfectly for blue Snaggletooth, but I'm still missing the perfect shade of blue for the Medical Commando...same with the Chaos Commando. But stay tuned for their reveal, soon! I will mix some colors although I want to avoid that because they tend to be hard to reproduce.
I so need to go to the U.S. to take a close look at all the acrylic paints available there - AMerican designs = American shades of colors. They're all different a nuance.

Tamer: Thank you for your support! You sacrificed your precious day for all of us here. Online support requires much patience...always. Yeah, we cleaned the parking lot with a pressure washer and had to sweep away all the dirt immediately. It was pretty persistent...got a nice blister on my palm from the broom stick...

FialaFernbrugg: Thank you so much for your feedback! You will be happy with the result. The tank is finished and ready to be shared ;)

Starchaser: Thanks for coming by! I think so. I hope you'll like them. I figured out how I can achieve all the shades I Need. Just need to cast the backpacks in resin now…

- Philipp
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 03:07:43 AM by Darth More »

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
Tactical Rescue Commando
--- TRC ---

All these fan-made addons and mods for Pandemic's original Battlefront II avaiable for free in some forums added so much to the variety and gaming experience of this already epic title. If I could program those features myself I would design a Trooper that looks like this. Got this Clone Heavy Gunner in a figure lot and while I was comparing and testing Citadel's colors I knew I wanted to give him a dark red Color (maybe blood red). After a year I finally got to paint him and spontaneosly added some more details in grey...hope you like my design of this Tactical Rescue Commando! And of course 7th Season of the Clone Wars inspired me to finally do this custom! Let me know what you think about it in the comment section down below!

Making of:

- Philipp
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 01:40:39 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Now that is one great looking Commando Trooper. The red and grey goes so well together, especially on the bucket. Nice parts make a great trooper too. All around great work and a great description too.

On the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Good job here. I like the addition of the gray markings on the armor, it adds something to the figure.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
That is a tough looking Clone Trooper.
I really like the colour composition.
Excellent work.

Offline Michiico

• Cadet
  • Why did the clone wars had to come to an end?
That's a really nice paintjob on that rescue commando. I like the colour combination a lot too
Great work Darthmore

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
Lovely work.  The paint job is tight!

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
Sorry for my late reply guys. I somehow forgot to answer on this topic. Here's a small update to my ROTS Clone Commander concept with full image gallery. A big thanks for your feedbak and a shoutout to CloneTroopr for showing me how to embed an URL!

Tamer: Thanks for sharing this one on the frontpage, Tamer! I'm glad you liked this bucket. I think this was part of the way how Lucasfilm and Hasbro found a way to print money: trying different color combinations for Clone Troopers.

Starchaser: Thank you, buddy! The #41 Clone Trooper and all other versions based on it always remind me of the concept for Revenge of the Sith. It must've been a really exciting time for Lucasfilm to redo the Clone Trooper armor. Not only did they make a Phase II look, but they also decided to make Clone Troopers in more colors and different legions. Remember the concepts that never made it into the mvie? There are plenty and this color scheme of my totally made up TRC Trooper reminds me of that exciting time back then, too.

FialaFernbrugg: Thank you so much, bud! Your Clone Trooper customs have been a big inspiration for me - so a big thanks goes to you here!

Michiico: Thanks for leaving a comment, bud! Always appreciated! Back in 2005 I completely fell in love with Clone Troopers. Something we have in common ;)

Moronarama: Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm not 100% happy with the straight lines, but that's as good as I could get without masking tape. lol

- Philipp

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
Re: Star Wars: The Battlefront Project - Pandemic BF I & II - EA/DICE BF I & II
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2020, 12:06:34 PM »
General Grievous
--- Black Edition ---

One of my favorite videogames of all time is STAR WARS: Revenge of the Sith. My brother and I love playing the duel mode and co-op missions together. Sometimes we even fight each other with our eyes closed and see who wins at the end - just for fun. When both of us play as General Grievous, one of them has 4 red lightsabers. This lead me to an idea...

I then thought, why wouldn't I give Grievous a full repaint? As I was spray-painting the figure with Citadel's primer, I decided to make a black version of him:

Details:

Making of:

Here I show you how I turned General Grievous (TLC BD25) into this MOC "dark" version on black and red:

Before I spray-painted the figure with Citadel's black primer, I covered the eyes and  green metallic areas of his torso with wax because I wanted to preserve the gut section of his cyborg-suit:

Removing the wax again:

You can remove the wax with a tool when the figure is painted completely or after it's primed.
I went for the safe way and finished the paintwork before removing the wax:

Replacing chest-armor:

Well, I got this Grievous loose and incomplete on ebay for 2.80 Euro. I got it cheap because both chest-plates were missing. Would you have guessed that both chest-plates on this custom are custom made?

Sometimes parts have complicated areas to be casted or are just too fragile. The solution would be a mold at least 3 components. I had to take this 2-component mold apart just to make sure the part doesn't break. It wasn't my best mold anyway and I also used too much sculpting putty this time. But I could remove the lining by sanding it down. This silicone also looses detail when used more than once. It's only meant to be used once but I made several blasters with one mold. You can read more on that in my casting tutorial.

Unlike the rest of the figure, I painted the left chest-plate with vallejo's grey acrylic polyurethane primer, which I got just recently. The rest was spray-painted with Citadel's black primer.

If you want to make parts and accessories yourself, I got a tutorial for you.

last details:

I used the following paints by Citadel, humbrol and Revell:

Here you can find a full list of other materials I used for this project.

No paints were mixed for this project, but if you're looking for a specific color, make sure to check out this mobile app for mixing colors, which was shared by forum member Mr.Black!

Another custom project finished & ready to join the collection:

Lightsabers:

I used to buy about 24 Darth Vader figures on ebay from an Asian seller who offers them in lots of 10 for $2.89 each. That was a year ago, but he still has some in stock. By now he also offers the lightsabers seperately in different colors and shapes. You can find the links to his ebay store after the jump.

Reference Material:

By the time I finally got started with this project, I found out that meanwhile somebody had created a mod of General Grievous for the new Battlefront II game by EA/DICE. Well, sometimes different people have the same idea.At least I can assign this project to the Battlefront section now, although my concept is a little different.

Video by AdiGames: Sith Grievous Mod by Claymaver2000 - Star Wars Battlefront 2:
Credits go to AdiGames (YouTube channel) and Claymaver2000 (modder)

Comment:

This project joined my list in Summer 2019. I prepared the figure along with my Republic Commandos, which are on my work bench as well! The lack of time to cast the chest plates caused further delay. I also need to cast the two different backpacks of the Republic Commandos before I can finish them. I messed up once and re-casted the right chest plate and lost another - more delay.
But I had some milliput putty for Darth Sion left and decided to cast the missing armor-part while the sculpting clay was drying on Sion.

The mod for EA's Battlefront II was added in January 2020. So my concept was not based on this. But it's nice to see that someone else had the idea and added it to this video game. The new Battlefront has become a truly awesome game thanks to all the fans who modded it and added new maps and skins to the overall scarce game. DICE really could've done more right away, but that's a different topic. 

So do you like all the red paint apps? Is it too much red on Grievous' head? Have you ever thought of a Dark Side version of Grievous? Let me know what you think about it in the comment section down below!

Here's what I listened to while working on this custom:

Linkin Park: Papercut - Guitar Cover by Dotti Brothers:

- Philipp
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 03:34:12 AM by Darth More »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2020, 02:30:30 PM »
Well now Phillip, I gotta say that's one pretty splendid Grievous! I love the concept and your execution was brilliant. The paint job is outstanding and kudos on "building" the chest plates. This is one really cool figure (I mean really cool!).

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2020, 02:54:45 PM »
Starchaser: Thank you very much for your kind words! Now, I know one more word in English: splendid

Reading such a comment after 2 hours of editing pictures and posting this, is what makes it feel great! There's not a ton of feedback here, but the few active members on here share true quality. Your feedback is like a gem to me, I really do appreciate it a lot!

I'm still editing the text above and add some links, but I'm done with the pictures. I took all of them with my iphone, but the lens was a little greasy from my disinfectant so some are milky. That bugs me a little right now.

As said before, I got the idea while playing the Revenge of the Sith video game. Got this Grievous loose for cheap so I dared to customize it. General Grievous based on The Legacy Collection version goes for 15€ and above here in Germany. But I got three incomplete ones for less than 5€ each.

I'm quite happy how he turned out. Wasn't sure whether to paint the details on the side of his head in red, but it would be a pity to not highlight the details there. I knew I wanted to use a little red here and there, but mostly keep him black. The plates on the armor painted with humbrol's 27004 actually look like Beskar once polished with paper towels. But the idea was before The Mandalorian aired. In retrospect it would make sense that Grievous used Beskar for his armor - he always wanted the best for himself.

Thanks again for checking by!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 02:57:28 PM by Darth More »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2020, 03:03:05 PM »
Really cool tutorial you included there. I liked how you casted replacement parts. One of my Mangaguards needs the same treatment; his backplate was missing when I purchased him.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.