Kenner / Hasbro Collecting > General Hasbro collecting

do definitives have to be customized?

(1/3) > >>

narceron:
My pal segentt says you can make a "definitive" general grievous by combining two different stock ones(though he wasn't sure which ones).

This got me thinking, in your opinion which figure is the definitive of a given character, and can it really be a stock figure?

I have a greedo that spuda customized, he works for me, he's super articulated, a great likeness and if I hadn't scratch his leg paint, he'd be perfect.

So what do you think?  What is the definiitve han, luke, amidala, or chewie and what factors go into it?  Likeness, articulation, coolness?  limited number of figures available?

For example, I think the all metal boba is pretty sweet, but for me, the evolutions boba is definitive.

narceron:
you guys are kiling me, :)

slow.

DocOutlands:
That's an interesting question.  I'll have to think on that one.

Tamer:
personally I think you have to have a mix of articulation and sculpt. I still do not think there is any definitive figure yet. I think eventually you will see the wrist articulation on the Legacy figs and then we will be very close.  I know one thing, if someone doesn't do a 3D rendering of Mark Hammil they are nuts. The face renderings we have seen of him are just downright awful. I think Harrison Ford and Carrie Fischer are right on, but as technology improves I think we are gonna just keep seeing improvements.

spudafett:
OMG you scratched greedo!?  poor greedo... do you need him to get fixed up? let me know next time your in murray and i'll see what I can do.  of course... dawn is the one who expertly mixed the paint for that guy! lol...

how the crap did you manage to scratch him btw?  was it on the area that was sculpted?

as far as the question you posed.... the only good figure is a custom figure in my mind anymore... there is hardly a single stock hasbro figure that I look at and say "oh yeah, that's it"....  at least not with sw...

I guess though, that's my "why can't it do the splits?" mentality with the articulation...  thus the reasons for super articulating greedo. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version