Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's 2- Endor, Enemy Contact - 1:12 15/09/2023  (Read 447301 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2- The Search Bookends dio 6" P162 12/04/21
« Reply #2430 on: April 12, 2021, 01:25:32 AM »
last 4.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2431 on: April 12, 2021, 02:34:32 AM »
Wow, these are great Ron. I like them both. That one with the lights if fantastic.

I like the searching for the droids one too. Great work.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #2432 on: April 12, 2021, 12:37:22 PM »
Absolutely stellar! I really like the effect of the LED's and contact paper. That was a great design element. The "Search" bookends are great too, What a great concept to separate the scenes and yet have them fit together. I so appreciate your descriptions, as they help me to learn techniques for diorama building.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 12:39:53 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2433 on: April 20, 2021, 11:55:38 PM »
Hey Ron, it's so good to see you back! I just recognized how awesome your "The Search" diorama really is. Love the foot prints, they look exactly like in the movie and I think Mr Daniels would love it, too! The sand looks great and the entire idea is just brilliant. Reminds me of the days before the internet when books were the source of reliable knowledge. That was a different and so much more limited kind of search...

And meanwhile you created the next incredible looking diorama. Missing words again - The Death Star is one location I've not tried, yet. Tamer said it before, you are a wizard! Hope you're doing well.
Best wishes & much respect from Germany!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2434 on: April 21, 2021, 01:54:34 AM »
Wow, these are great Ron. I like them both. That one with the lights if fantastic.

I like the searching for the droids one too. Great work.

Off to share on the front pages.

Thanks so much Shawn and my computer is doing again with me replying and then it vanishes, weird

Absolutely stellar! I really like the effect of the LED's and contact paper. That was a great design element. The "Search" bookends are great too, What a great concept to separate the scenes and yet have them fit together. I so appreciate your descriptions, as they help me to learn techniques for diorama building.

Thanks so much buddy and I would love to do about 10 different book nooks and just have them staked up each other and the bookends I was really happy with the way it turned out especially as it's something that I wouldn't have thought about doing.

Hey Ron, it's so good to see you back! I just recognized how awesome your "The Search" diorama really is. Love the foot prints, they look exactly like in the movie and I think Mr Daniels would love it, too! The sand looks great and the entire idea is just brilliant. Reminds me of the days before the internet when books were the source of reliable knowledge. That was a different and so much more limited kind of search...
And meanwhile you created the next incredible looking diorama. Missing words again - The Death Star is one location I've not tried, yet. Tamer said it before, you are a wizard! Hope you're doing well.
Best wishes & much respect from Germany!

Thank you very much DM and it is great to be back especially after weeks of doing commissions for an Army unit near me as they wanted 3D prints cleaned and glued for the units mud models which was something totally different again for me to do.

Really glad you like the two dios mate and there will be many more to come once I complete a few commissions for friends.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2435 on: April 23, 2021, 12:32:21 AM »
Sounds you have been quite busy working on the hobby. I think there are worse things to be occupied with. Your customers and friends must be proud to have you. Can't wait for all the good stuff you're going to share! Having said that, you could probably fill George Lucas' planned museum in LA just with your projects alone!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2436 on: April 23, 2021, 05:08:57 AM »
Sounds you have been quite busy working on the hobby. I think there are worse things to be occupied with. Your customers and friends must be proud to have you. Can't wait for all the good stuff you're going to share! Having said that, you could probably fill George Lucas' planned museum in LA just with your projects alone!

Thanks so much DM and yeah they proud of me and me of them as they 3D print stuff for me so it great and I don't know about filling his museum but at last count with all the dios and customs I've done since I started when I was 12 yrs old it's just shy of 1000 I've done.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2437 on: June 05, 2021, 09:06:15 PM »
Hi All,

Commissioned Boba Fett 1:6 scale resin statue.

Recipe - the figure and base were printed in resin from a mate and I painted and weathered it using Vallejo Paints and Pastel chalks. the flames were done using Woodland Scenics Water Effects and spreading over a piece of non stick cooking paper and once dry I peeled it off and painted the smooth side with red, yellow and orange and then wrapped it around the existing flames which were just vertical lines.

The smoke was done using cotton balls and then ripping them apart and applying them to the base and then I used Rust-oluem Matt Black and Light Grey to make the smoke colours.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2438 on: June 05, 2021, 09:07:10 PM »
4 more

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2439 on: June 05, 2021, 09:08:08 PM »
last 4

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2- Boba Fett Statue 1:6 P163 06/06/21
« Reply #2440 on: June 06, 2021, 01:59:18 AM »
You already know it's going to be epic when made by hemblecreations. I know collectors who won't bother much about anything unless it's 1/6 scale or bigger. So now we're talking Boba Fett and man oh man does he look fantastic!
You added very appealing elements to the base to look at, paint job & weathering are top notch as always, what a legendary pose for Boba. So I suppose he's about to lift off the ground and I like the detail that his shoulder cloth is blown upwards by the air pushed back by the ground. The smoke effects look really nice and one can tell you've seen something similar in person to be able to recreate a turbine start like this. Ron, I'm amazed to the milky way whenever I look at your projects. 10/10
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 02:08:33 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2441 on: June 06, 2021, 06:12:32 AM »
Ron, talk about the ole jaw dropping this morning. Just unreal.

Those flame effects I can even comment on they are so realistic and cool looking.

I really could see myself totally giving up collecting and just having some highly detailed pieces like this art. I really could.

So off to the front pages.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #2442 on: June 06, 2021, 07:41:04 AM »
Excellent! I really need to get in this 3D printing stuff.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2443 on: June 06, 2021, 03:30:21 PM »
You already know it's going to be epic when made by hemblecreations. I know collectors who won't bother much about anything unless it's 1/6 scale or bigger. So now we're talking Boba Fett and man oh man does he look fantastic!
You added very appealing elements to the base to look at, paint job & weathering are top notch as always, what a legendary pose for Boba. So I suppose he's about to lift off the ground and I like the detail that his shoulder cloth is blown upwards by the air pushed back by the ground. The smoke effects look really nice and one can tell you've seen something similar in person to be able to recreate a turbine start like this. Ron, I'm amazed to the milky way whenever I look at your projects. 10/10

Hey DM, mate thanks so much for the kind words and yeah when I was deployed back in the day the jets would take off and you could see the smoke and dust swirl and I always liked that.

Ron, talk about the ole jaw dropping this morning. Just unreal.

Those flame effects I can even comment on they are so realistic and cool looking.

I really could see myself totally giving up collecting and just having some highly detailed pieces like this art. I really could.

So off to the front pages.

Thanks so much Shawn and yeah if I could get some Indian Jones and Sandtroopers statues at this scale I would be in heaven and I could finally have a collection for myself.

Excellent! I really need to get in this 3D printing stuff.

Thanks heaps mate and yeah another 7 weeks and I'll have my own I can't wait.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #2444 on: June 07, 2021, 12:31:31 AM »
This is really an outstanding piece. I don't know that I have anything more add than what's already been said, but I  do appreciate the tips you share. Excellent work as always.