Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's 2- Endor, Enemy Contact - 1:12 15/09/2023  (Read 447324 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2- Left Behind Completed P154 13/02/20
« Reply #2310 on: February 13, 2020, 04:11:10 AM »
You never disappoint, Ron. Really liking the soft goods accessories you put together for this guy.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2311 on: February 13, 2020, 04:49:05 AM »
Ron, that really turned out great. I like it a lot. Off to the front pages.

Thanks so much Shawn.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2312 on: February 15, 2020, 03:48:04 PM »
I agree! As expected this turned out masterful! Such a cool idea, Ron! My only Question is...where's Wilson?  ;D

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2313 on: February 15, 2020, 03:57:01 PM »
You never disappoint, Ron. Really liking the soft goods accessories you put together for this guy.

Thanks buddy and I wasn't to sure at first about the soft goods but I'm glad I did them in the end as it really gives the figure that years stranded on a planet feel to him.

I agree! As expected this turned out masterful! Such a cool idea, Ron! My only Question is...where's Wilson?  ;D

Thanks heaps DM and LOL I got asked that a lot but there were no BB unit's back then but I have considered doing a medical probe droid instead and adding it to the display.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2314 on: February 18, 2020, 03:30:35 PM »
Hi All,

C3PO and R2D2 28mm.

Recipe.

Droids - are from Fantasy Flight Games and they also come with a escape pod but I'm using that for another diorama. 3PO was built straight out of the box and R2 was in the three legged rolling position and I cut the side legs so they became straight and the middle leg I cut down and drilled a bigger hole in the bottle and glued the leg into position.

Base - is from an old action figure and the sand is a mix of spakfilla and fine sand with Vallejo's Iraqui Sand mixed in and applied to the base. The large boulder is done from a plaster mold from Woodland Scenics and the small rocks are kitty litter.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2315 on: February 18, 2020, 03:36:38 PM »
Hi All,

Imperial Dewback Rider 28mm.
Recipe.

Rider/Dewback - are from Fantasy Flight Games and it comes with multiple weapons options as well but I decided to go with the prodder. The mouth of the dewback comes in the kit opened but I decided the trim down the teeth and tongue and have it closed.

Base - is from an old action figure and the sand is a mix of spakfilla and fine sand with Vallejo's Iraqui Sand mixed in and applied to the base. The large boulder is done from a plaster mold from Woodland Scenics and the small rocks are kitty.

Ron

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2- SW Legion diorama's Completed P155 19/02/20
« Reply #2316 on: February 18, 2020, 06:51:51 PM »
Brilliant work, Ron. That dewback looked fun to paint. The mouth mod looks alright.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2317 on: February 19, 2020, 04:07:44 AM »
Great Tatooine Bases for both dios Ron. Love the rock to sand stuff. Looks so natural.

Great job on both. I wondered when you would get back to your favorite SW environment.

Off to the front pages with more comments.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2318 on: February 20, 2020, 03:41:39 PM »
Hi All,

"Look Sir, Droids!" 28mm

Recipe.

Troopers - are from Fantasy Flight Games SW Legion Trooper expansion and I modified the trooper holding the droid part by cutting his hand and rotating it and the droid part is just a piece of thin electrical cable. The trooper looking into the escape pod has had his left hand removed and the hand armour cut and thinned down and added to a Airfix 1:48 scale hand. The escape pod is also from Fantasy Flight Games and was a trade with a member in the Star Wars Legion North Queensland FB group.

Base - is high density foam cut to shape and then a hole was done to allow the pod to sit lower and the I used a mix of spakfilla, sand and Vallejo's Iraqui Sand and applied it to the base. The foot prints and R2's tracks were done using a thin wet brush.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2- Look Sir, Droids 28mm Completed P155 21/02/20
« Reply #2319 on: February 21, 2020, 04:12:17 AM »
Man thats sweet Ron. Looks perfect.

Off to the front pages again.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2320 on: February 21, 2020, 05:02:15 AM »
Yeah, I remember using the Codex of Warhammer like a catalogue of inspiration back in 2006. Spent hours and hours on looking at all the pictures of miniatures painted by "master painters". I think your miniatures look just like them! So many cool ideas here! Love 'em all!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2321 on: February 21, 2020, 02:50:49 PM »
Man thats sweet Ron. Looks perfect.

Off to the front pages again.

Thanks so much Shawn.

Yeah, I remember using the Codex of Warhammer like a catalogue of inspiration back in 2006. Spent hours and hours on looking at all the pictures of miniatures painted by "master painters". I think your miniatures look just like them! So many cool ideas here! Love 'em all!

Thanks heaps DM and I use to do the same thing with the GW Codex's and I use to look at the terrain pictures for hours.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #2322 on: February 24, 2020, 12:02:15 AM »
Hey Ron, the series of Tatooine dioramas turned out really well! Great detail on them. I particularly like the Dewback. But what a great set of montages to tell a whole story! I also think your "Left Behind" on Endor moon trooper is brilliant! I love what you did with the hair to show a state of survival rather than military discipline. Great work!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2323 on: March 17, 2020, 12:14:13 AM »
Hey Ron, the series of Tatooine dioramas turned out really well! Great detail on them. I particularly like the Dewback. But what a great set of montages to tell a whole story! I also think your "Left Behind" on Endor moon trooper is brilliant! I love what you did with the hair to show a state of survival rather than military discipline. Great work!

Thanks so much mate and yeah I was really happy with the way they all turned out especially the Left Behind trooper.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2324 on: March 28, 2020, 11:40:01 PM »
Hi All,

The Mandalorian diorama 1:12 scale completed.

I was able to get a few Mandalorian figures and I sold the display to a mate and I asked him how he wanted the figure to be posed so I went to work and this is it. I was so stoked that I could get the figures as the display just didn't look right without him on it.

Recipe.

Figure - is from Hasbro's 6" BS line and I put him in the pose my mate wanted and then glued the joints and puttied them up. I then repainted and weathered him using Vallejo paints and Pastel Chalks, the plastic cape was removed and replaced with a cloth one which was made using a dried out baby wipe.

Base - is made from high density foam as are the walls. I covered the walls with watered down spakfilla and painted and weathered it using Vallejo paints and pastel chalks. The helmets are a mix of Hasbro BS and Bandai Stormtroopers and the pikes are wooden skewers and the sand was done using a mix of spakfilla and sand and then painted.

Ron