Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's 2- Endor, Enemy Contact - 1:12 15/09/2023  (Read 447220 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2-Shoretroopers Scarif 28mm Completed P152 10/01/20
« Reply #2295 on: February 07, 2020, 05:22:30 PM »
Hi All,

Work in Progress.

Started on a new 1:12 figure which will be articulated and also have a display with it and it will be called LEFT BEHIND.

As you already may have figured out it will be an Imperial trooper left on Endor and has survived over the years.

The armour is from the Bandai Stormtrooper but instead of building the figure I decided to use a Mezco Star Trek Sulu body with the trimmed down to accomandate the armour which I also trimmed down to fit by removing all the interior sections.

The head is a Mezco Captain Kirk head (the smiling one) and I trimmed the hair off and added fake fur to give the look long hair look.

The figure will come with the bearded/long hair and also the helmet.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2- Left Behind WIP P154 08/02/20
« Reply #2296 on: February 08, 2020, 07:41:08 AM »
Neat idea! Is Tarkin's torture ball drone going to be "Wilson" then?  ;)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2297 on: February 08, 2020, 06:55:24 PM »
Neat idea! Is Tarkin's torture ball drone going to be "Wilson" then?  ;)

Thanks mate and I have had a lot of people ask if there will be a Wilson in the dio and one gut asked about a BB Wilson LOL, but I do like the torture droid idea as I think I have two of the in my parts box.

Ron.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2298 on: February 09, 2020, 07:25:30 AM »
Wow, ole Kirk looks good as a Stormtrooper. Off to the front pages.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2299 on: February 09, 2020, 03:12:42 PM »
Nice, Ron. The Kirk head turned out cool. This guy will be seeing years of Endor use on his armor, I’ll bet.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2300 on: February 10, 2020, 07:42:29 PM »
Wow, ole Kirk looks good as a Stormtrooper. Off to the front pages.

Thanks heaps Shawn and yeah I was very happy with the way the head looked.

Nice, Ron. The Kirk head turned out cool. This guy will be seeing years of Endor use on his armor, I’ll bet.

Cheers buddy and you can say that again.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2301 on: February 10, 2020, 07:50:51 PM »
Hi All,

Little WIP upgrade on the LEFT BEHIND trooper.

I decided to have the armour covered in mud/clay which is a mix of spakfilla, dirt and light brown paint.

Once the mud/clay was dry it was given a wash of Games Workshop's AGRAX Earthshade and left to dry and then a light drybrush of beige brown was given to it. I also decide to give the helmet a bit of a conversion by adding horns which are teeth from a Boar Wolf and the head and cape is fur from a dead dead Gorax. The spear and knife are made from skewers, pleather and two toy sword from the parts box.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2- Left Behind WIP P154 11/02/20
« Reply #2302 on: February 11, 2020, 03:43:20 AM »
Ron, I am really liking this project. Figured you would dirty him up a bit. Its perfect. Its like Robinison Crusoe meets Star Wars. Off to the front pages.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2303 on: February 11, 2020, 05:29:48 AM »
Oh, he is soiled! Man, how would you like to see this guy hopping out of the bushes at you?
Nice job, Ron! I like his leather wrapped tools of the trade.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #2304 on: February 11, 2020, 09:53:27 AM »
This looks like a very interesting project.
I really like the hair and the beard on the figure.
The weathering looks phenomanel as always.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2305 on: February 11, 2020, 11:03:43 PM »
I was just gonna say the other day, Endor is a very inhospitable place with the Boar wolves, Gorax dragons even Ewoks were known to eat Stormtroopers. I'd hate to be left on Endor. He definitely looks like a survivor. I like the mud camo and gorax skins along with the teeth horns. Fur actually makes the best camouflage, because it breaks up the silhouette. I cane across a bear in the wild, I didn't see her until I was right next to her.  Black fur+forest =invisible.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2306 on: February 12, 2020, 04:09:29 AM »
Wonder if that is Ewok fur?

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2307 on: February 12, 2020, 03:42:11 PM »
Ron, I am really liking this project. Figured you would dirty him up a bit. Its perfect. Its like Robinison Crusoe meets Star Wars. Off to the front pages.

Wonder if that is Ewok fur?

Thanks Shawn and yeah I was going to have him with leathers and fur covering the armour but the mud/clay is a way better solution and it's easy to come by. The fur is from a dead Gorax and I do have some Ewoks items on him.

Oh, he is soiled! Man, how would you like to see this guy hopping out of the bushes at you?
Nice job, Ron! I like his leather wrapped tools of the trade.

Cheers Clint and I couldn't leave the poor bugger just white he would have stuck out like a sore thumb LOL and glad you like the weapons and the leather wraps, I was going to give him a blaster or rifle but figured he'd been on Endor that long the power would have been depleted by now.

This looks like a very interesting project.
I really like the hair and the beard on the figure.
The weathering looks phenomanel as always.

Thanks heaps buddy and I'm really enjoying doing the hair/beards it just gives the figures a more realistic look.

I was just gonna say the other day, Endor is a very inhospitable place with the Boar wolves, Gorax dragons even Ewoks were known to eat Stormtroopers. I'd hate to be left on Endor. He definitely looks like a survivor. I like the mud camo and gorax skins along with the teeth horns. Fur actually makes the best camouflage, because it breaks up the silhouette. I cane across a bear in the wild, I didn't see her until I was right next to her.  Black fur+forest =invisible.

Thanks heaps JD and yeah Endor might look beautiful but there are so many things that can kill you it's not funny. I know ghillie suits are hard to spot which I was going to do originally but decided to go with the fur as a scare tactic and when I read your post I had a look online and damn mate your so right animals are just like ghillie suits they are so hard to spot.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2308 on: February 12, 2020, 11:40:15 PM »
Hi All,

Star Wars - Left Behind 1:12 scale
Recipe.

figure - the body and head are a Capt Kirk and I trimmed down the hair on the head and replaced it with fake fur. The body I had to trim down and cut off the sections of the forearms and calves so that the armour could fit. The trooper armour is from a Bandai Stormtrooper and I removed all the frame work and connection section so that I could get the armour to fit. I added pleather to sections of the armour to give it the feel the armour was falling apart and the horns on the helmet were done using plastic rod.

The waist section was done with pleather and the small bag on he's left hip and he's water bottle were also made from pleather with string added. I added mud/clay to the armour to give him some kind of protection so he couldn't be spotted and that was done using spakfilla, dirt and paint.
The spear and knife are made from skewer sticks with the blades from plastic and the straps from pleather. The fur cape and head piece are fake fur and represent fur from a dead Gorax.

Base - is an old dinosaur base I have had for a while and I covered it spkafilla and then once dry covered it with mulch and dirt. Once dry I then gave it a wash of Vallejo's Chocolate Brown and the ferns I picked up from the craft shop in the fake plant section. The small shrubs and tufts of grass are from MiniNatur and were glued down and the warning posts are made using skewers and skulls from NECA's Predator figure.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2- Left Behind Completed P154 13/02/20
« Reply #2309 on: February 13, 2020, 04:10:24 AM »
Ron, that really turned out great. I like it a lot. Off to the front pages.