Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's 2- Endor, Enemy Contact - 1:12 15/09/2023  (Read 447157 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2-Sandtrooper Grunt 1:12 Completed P147 27/05/19
« Reply #2205 on: May 28, 2019, 02:21:13 AM »
Wow, another great Sandtrooper Dio. I like this one too Ron. Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #2206 on: May 28, 2019, 05:33:45 PM »
Yep. That works! Really excellent work on this second figure, Ron.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2207 on: June 04, 2019, 06:11:05 PM »
I knew you were up to something when I saw you’re online! I agree with Starchaser: thanks for sharing how you make your masterpieces in full detail! These rock moulds from Woodland Sceenics work very well! Do you cast the rocks in plaster?
I really miss Wizards of the Coast...their miniatures should be in scale with the SW Legion figures. Now, I know WOTC just changed their name into Wizard at the Coast of Queensland  0///
Awesome project, Ron!

- Philipp

Hey Philipp, my pleasure and thanks heaps mate and the rocks are cast in plaster which is great as it makes it cheaper to mass make them and the Wizards SW figures are smaller then the SW Legion minis which is a shame but I have seen people use Wizards AT-AT on Legion tables and it still looks great.

Wow, another great Sandtrooper Dio. I like this one too Ron. Off to share.

Thanks heaps Shawn.

Yep. That works! Really excellent work on this second figure, Ron.

Thanks heaps buddy.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2208 on: August 25, 2019, 01:00:30 AM »
Hi All,

Damn it's been awhile since I have done any SW figures or dios and this is a Imperial Trooper with a gatling laser which will be a jungle setting.

The figure is a Imperial Patrol trooper from Hasbro and I removed his thighs and replaced them with Hasbro's Storm trooper thighs.

The gatling gun is from NECA's Terminator figure and the base so far is high density foam and the rocks are plaster casts from molds from Woodland Scenics.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2-Imperial Jungle trooper 6" WIP P148 27/05/19
« Reply #2209 on: August 25, 2019, 05:35:52 AM »
Looks tough Ron. I like it.

Off to share the start of this.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2210 on: August 25, 2019, 02:29:37 PM »
Looks tough Ron. I like it.

Off to share the start of this.

Cheers Shawn and I'll have more WIP up later.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2211 on: August 29, 2019, 09:32:04 PM »
Hi All,
Imperial Jungle Trooper completed.

Note - I did take pics of the base being done but can't find the pics anywhere, if I do find them I will add them with the work I did to it.

Recipe.

Trooper - is the SOLO Patrol trooper from Hasbro's BS 6" line and I removed the thighs and added armour thighs from a Hasbro BS 6" Storm trooper. The gatling laser gun his from a NECA Terminator figure and I also added a radio to his left side and attached the wire to his left comms ear piece as Jungle troopers need more radio boost due to the dense jungle and the figure and gun were painted and weathered using Vallejo paints.

Base - is high density foam cut and sanded to shape and the rocks are plaster molds from Woodland Scenics. The soil is a mix of spakfilla and sand and once dry a undergrowth mix of lichen moss, bark, static grass, sand, dirt and this sticks were applied.

Once the undergrowth mix was dry I then painted it with Vallejo's Chocolate Brown and the fern looking plants and the tall leafy plants are plastic fish tank plants that have been given a light wash of medium green.  The dead log on the ground and in the water are pieces of tree and the grass tufts and foliage clumps are from MiniNatur and the water was done using a two part resin with a tiny drop of Tan Earth to give it the light brown look.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2212 on: August 29, 2019, 09:32:46 PM »
last 4

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2-Imperial Jungle trooper 6" Completed P148 30/08/19
« Reply #2213 on: August 30, 2019, 05:25:35 AM »
You never cease to amaze me bud. Just rock solid tough. More comments on the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2214 on: August 30, 2019, 08:33:47 AM »
That is awesome! It's difficult to put camo on a trooper, and look good, but you nailed it. And I just noticed the water effects. The base is very well done as always.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 04:38:51 PM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2215 on: August 30, 2019, 04:14:34 PM »
Well, what can I say, Ron? You make this 6" toy look like a premium collectible. I had a pretty bad day, but seeing your porject makes me feel better. Also, seeing you use those plastic plants makes me feel better, too! Still they look somewhat more realistic when you use them. Tamer is right. You are a wizard! The base alone looks amazing. And the Trooper? Missing words here! The camouflage looks brilliant! Reminds me of the scheme used by the Japanese in WWII. This camo might be found in the Australian army or in those of South America. I'm not an expert on this. All I know is that you did a fantastic job on this. The German Bundeswehr has a Flecktarn that's quite similar. Your Trooper looks (swearing) brilliant, mate! As always. Where is that gatling gun from? It looks exactly like the one that came with the Heavy Gunner in the TSC "Hunt for Grievous" Battle Pack in 2006 - only in 1/12 scale.
Seeing your projects always make me feel like a bloody beginner, but as already said in previous comments, I'm heavily amazed by your projects. Amen.

- Philipp

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2216 on: August 30, 2019, 06:00:03 PM »
You never cease to amaze me bud. Just rock solid tough. More comments on the front pages.

Thanks so much Shawn.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2217 on: August 30, 2019, 06:07:34 PM »
Hi All,

Next SW piece in the works is going to be the scene from the Mandalorian trailer when the Mandalorian walks past the troopers helmets on the pikes. The base and wall are high denisty foam and the helmets on the pikes are BS 6" and the helmets on the ground are Bandai.

This is just going to be just the scene with no figures but figures can be added to it for display and the Scout trooper is for size comparison.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Very cool. Honestly that was the coolest part of the trailer, at least for me.  It's weird not having a figure, but that's cool man, it works, I like it.  Keep doing your thing, keep innovating. I love your work, I've been a fan for as long as I've been customizing. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 10:02:33 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2219 on: September 01, 2019, 12:11:58 AM »
That is awesome! It's difficult to put camo on a trooper, and look good, but you nailed it. And I just noticed the water effects. The base is very well done as always.

Thanks heaps JD.

Well, what can I say, Ron? You make this 6" toy look like a premium collectible. I had a pretty bad day, but seeing your porject makes me feel better. Also, seeing you use those plastic plants makes me feel better, too! Still they look somewhat more realistic when you use them. Tamer is right. You are a wizard! The base alone looks amazing. And the Trooper? Missing words here! The camouflage looks brilliant! Reminds me of the scheme used by the Japanese in WWII. This camo might be found in the Australian army or in those of South America. I'm not an expert on this. All I know is that you did a fantastic job on this. The German Bundeswehr has a Flecktarn that's quite similar. Your Trooper looks (swearing) brilliant, mate! As always. Where is that gatling gun from? It looks exactly like the one that came with the Heavy Gunner in the TSC "Hunt for Grievous" Battle Pack in 2006 - only in 1/12 scale.
Seeing your projects always make me feel like a bloody beginner, but as already said in previous comments, I'm heavily amazed by your projects. Amen.

- Philipp

Hey Philipp, sorry to hear you had a bad day buddy glad to hear that my work cheers you up thanks so much mate that means a lot.

The camo is a combo of different styles from the new Australian camo, WW2 Japenese (good eye mate) and U.S. special forces, I got all three styles all blended into together and I was very happy with the outcome of it.

The plastic plants are great to use and once they are given a wash they really do look great on a diorama and the gatling gun is from a NECA T2 figure.