Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's 2- Endor, Enemy Contact - 1:12 15/09/2023  (Read 447291 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2-Multiple 28mm SW dio's Completed P143 06/05/19
« Reply #2145 on: May 06, 2019, 06:38:32 PM »
Winter in May and a coastland dio to boot. Excellent work, and what a prodigious output! The Hoth scenes are really well done, and I'm really liking the combination of parts you are using between the Legion figures and military models. Nicely executed.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2146 on: May 08, 2019, 04:55:05 AM »
Slow down Ron, I’m getting dizzy!
I can’t even find where I replied last in this thread, I’m lost in your many new postings!
Arnt these fun! Good show, my friend. Galoob would be jealous
  Those little figures look like they were a blast to paint. Love how the rebels turned out
  I have acquired some palm trees to incorporate into my race track areas that I will get to one day.
Yours turned out wonderfully

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2147 on: May 08, 2019, 03:44:29 PM »
Holy Schnitzel, Ron!  :o Creativity & excellence overkill on this Monday morning. What a beautiful sight to wake up to! Your Dioramas look awesome! It’s amazing how much detail you add to those tiny miniatures! Also like the contrasts - on the Snowtrooper and the dios themselves - don’t display them next to each other. The snow might melt!

So much good stuff to look at. I might miss to go to work today...

LOL thanks heaps mate and really stoked that you like them. I'm really enjoying doing these small dio's as I can still pack in the detail but just on a smaller size.

I agree. Wow, I have been wondering if you are building, but I can see I don't need to wonder anymore! Love all these Hoth dioramas. Off to share all this before the morning gets away from me. Just awesome Ron.

Hey Shawn, yeah mate I don't stop building LOL, the only reason I haven't put up any WIP pics is that I got ask to be a VIP at the local Con and only got asked 2 weeks ago so I have been building my butt off for that and thanks heaps mate.

Winter in May and a coastland dio to boot. Excellent work, and what a prodigious output! The Hoth scenes are really well done, and I'm really liking the combination of parts you are using between the Legion figures and military models. Nicely executed.

Thanks heaps buddy and the only problem I have is do I build a Military model or Legion one LOL.

Slow down Ron, I’m getting dizzy!
I can’t even find where I replied last in this thread, I’m lost in your many new postings!
Arnt these fun! Good show, my friend. Galoob would be jealous
  Those little figures look like they were a blast to paint. Love how the rebels turned out
  I have acquired some palm trees to incorporate into my race track areas that I will get to one day.
Yours turned out wonderfully

Cheers buddy and the figures are awesome to paint and the details on them are excellent and the good thing about them is that they can be cut very easily to convert them to different poses.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2148 on: May 08, 2019, 03:47:17 PM »
Hi All,

Boba Fett #1

Recipe.

Fett - is from FFG and was built straight out of the box and I decided to paint him TESB colours. The sling is just A4 paper painted and cut out and glued in place and he was painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints.

Base - thick foam board as is the wall and the wall has had spakfilla applied to it. The moisture evaporator and cargo boxes are from FFG SW Legion Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion set and the sand is watered down spakfilla mixed with sand.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2149 on: May 08, 2019, 03:48:12 PM »
Last 4

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2150 on: May 08, 2019, 03:49:22 PM »
Hi All,

Boba Fett #2

Recipe.

Fett - is from FFG SW Legion I converted this one by cutting the limbs and torso then filling in the gaps and I decided to paint him TESB colours. The sling is just A4 paper painted and cut out and glued in place and he was painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints.

Base - thick foam board and the moisture evaporator and cargo box are from FFG SW Legion Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion set and the generator is from FFG Imperial Assault E-WEB Heavy Blaster the sand is watered down spakfilla mixed with sand.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2151 on: May 08, 2019, 03:50:14 PM »
last 4

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2-Boba Fett 28mm SW dio's x 2 Completed P144 09/05/19
« Reply #2152 on: May 08, 2019, 06:07:31 PM »
I like him (or is it "hims"?). I really like the TESB color scheme, so great choice! I'm impressed with how well you do modifying such small figures. The details on the dioramas are outstanding - these would be great marketing pieces for Fantasy Flight to use:)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2153 on: May 09, 2019, 12:05:02 AM »
I like him (or is it "hims"?). I really like the TESB color scheme, so great choice! I'm impressed with how well you do modifying such small figures. The details on the dioramas are outstanding - these would be great marketing pieces for Fantasy Flight to use:)

Thanks heaps mate and yeah there are two different ones lol and being plastic the mods are very easy to do and I would say no if FFG asked that.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2154 on: May 09, 2019, 02:38:18 AM »
Wow Ron. Two great Fett dioramas. Off to share.

I enjoy them both, but love the flying one. I like the TESB colors though. I like em both a good bit. I am sitting here wondering this morning if your diorama number in the thousands now?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2155 on: May 09, 2019, 07:11:48 AM »
Move over Skywalker Ranch, that would be a display of mind scrambling proportions all assembled.
  Love it, Ron!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2156 on: May 09, 2019, 03:43:47 PM »
Wow Ron. Two great Fett dioramas. Off to share.

I enjoy them both, but love the flying one. I like the TESB colors though. I like em both a good bit. I am sitting here wondering this morning if your diorama number in the thousands now?

Hey Shawn, Thanks heaps mate. I have seen people do him in ROTJ colours but not TESB so decided to give these two the colour scheme and I am doing a ROTJ colour scheme at the moment. And I did a tally u of all the SW diorama's and customs I have done and it's 277 and all the others genres combined to 272 and that's not counting all the dio's I before the internet came about.

Move over Skywalker Ranch, that would be a display of mind scrambling proportions all assembled.
  Love it, Ron!

Thanks heaps Clint and if I had the space I would have loved to do all of them in 1:12 scale.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2157 on: May 11, 2019, 05:48:38 AM »
I knew it would be in the hundreds and high at that. Keep cranking out that great work Ron. I really enjoy seeing your stuff and update.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2158 on: May 11, 2019, 04:18:42 PM »
I knew it would be in the hundreds and high at that. Keep cranking out that great work Ron. I really enjoy seeing your stuff and update.

Yeah the count is up there lol and I there will be way more coming and thanks heaps Shawn.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2159 on: May 11, 2019, 07:01:04 PM »
Hi All,

Boba Fett #3

Recipe.

Fett - is from FFG SW Legion I converted this one by cutting the limbs and torso then filling in the gaps and I painted him ROTJ colours and he was painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints.

Base - thick foam board and the control station and cargo box are from FFG SW Legion Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion set. The dirt is watered down spakfilla/sand and once dry a gave it a light wash of Vallejo medium brown and the grass tufts I picked up from my local gaming store.

Ron