Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's 2- Endor, Enemy Contact - 1:12 15/09/2023  (Read 447226 times)

Offline Forceflow

• Ensign
  • Droid, please!
    • Forceflow's Special Modifications
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2-Survivors of Endor 28mm Completed P141 25/04/19
« Reply #2115 on: April 26, 2019, 07:56:09 PM »
Gah, I want to camp in that AT-ST! Looks so cozy... just for a day, though.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2116 on: April 26, 2019, 08:35:03 PM »
Gah, I want to camp in that AT-ST! Looks so cozy... just for a day, though.

Cheers mate and yeah a day would be enough for me as well LOL.

Ron

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #2117 on: April 27, 2019, 02:00:33 AM »
Really cool idea my friend. The Endor dio looks phenomenal.
I love all the little details especially the beards on the Scout Troopers.
It is interesting to see how the imperial forces that were left behind fight to survive.
Excellent work as always.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2118 on: April 27, 2019, 05:03:12 AM »
I agree with FialaFernbrugg. Ron, you do an excellent job to always surprise and impress all of us on here! This is such an interesting idea, I personally would've never come up with. Survivors of Endor...well, these guys got lucky to not have been stationed on Death Star II.
I really like how you appreciate this scale! 1/48 scale is quite small, but I assume no scale is too small for you. Thanks for the detailed description and how-to! It's great to see how you combined miniatures of Star Wars Legion, Airfix and AMT. Luckily at least a few companies produce their model kits in one and the exact same scale.
The detail on just everything is stunning! I also like the beards! Being sculpted they look even more phenomenal! It's also a miracle how realistic you made the tissue paper look! I would've not been able to guess what you used there. Amazing! I also got one Endor project on my list. It's in the section "peaceful scenes" and involves a lake, some tents and a fishing Ewok. Can't wait to start on this one, but need to finish a ton of projects before.
Thank you also for the ebay link! I ordered a few more palm trees. Scarif is also a very exiting place to be creative. Since I'm running out of words, I should stop writing here, now.
Missing words once again...good job hemble.
Thanks for sharing!

Your're a legend!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 06:21:26 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2119 on: April 27, 2019, 07:22:10 AM »
This would be a cool centerpiece in the middle of a collection room so you could see it from all sides. I mean it is a bunch of Endor type dios rolled into one. I mean I just enjoy all the action in this one.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2120 on: April 28, 2019, 05:50:03 PM »
Really cool idea my friend. The Endor dio looks phenomenal.
I love all the little details especially the beards on the Scout Troopers.
It is interesting to see how the imperial forces that were left behind fight to survive.
Excellent work as always.

Cheers buddy, gad you like it.

I agree with FialaFernbrugg. Ron, you do an excellent job to always surprise and impress all of us on here! This is such an interesting idea, I personally would've never come up with. Survivors of Endor...well, these guys got lucky to not have been stationed on Death Star II.
I really like how you appreciate this scale! 1/48 scale is quite small, but I assume no scale is too small for you. Thanks for the detailed description and how-to! It's great to see how you combined miniatures of Star Wars Legion, Airfix and AMT. Luckily at least a few companies produce their model kits in one and the exact same scale.
The detail on just everything is stunning! I also like the beards! Being sculpted they look even more phenomenal! It's also a miracle how realistic you made the tissue paper look! I would've not been able to guess what you used there. Amazing! I also got one Endor project on my list. It's in the section "peaceful scenes" and involves a lake, some tents and a fishing Ewok. Can't wait to start on this one, but need to finish a ton of projects before.
Thank you also for the ebay link! I ordered a few more palm trees. Scarif is also a very exiting place to be creative. Since I'm running out of words, I should stop writing here, now.
Missing words once again...good job hemble.
Thanks for sharing!

Your're a legend!

- Philipp

Thanks heaps Philipp and yeah there isn't alot of companies that do true 1:48 scale mini's but Airfix have always had great 1:48 kits and they work perfectly with the Legion stuff. Glad I could help out with the palms tree's mate and look forward to seeing what you do with them.

This would be a cool centerpiece in the middle of a collection room so you could see it from all sides. I mean it is a bunch of Endor type dios rolled into one. I mean I just enjoy all the action in this one.

Thanks heaps Shawn and I just completed another 1:48 scale Endor dio which I'll put up soon but your right having this piece as a centre piece would look great.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2121 on: April 28, 2019, 05:51:15 PM »
Hi All,

Scout trooper Sniper team 1:48.

Recipe.Scouts - are from FFG Star Wars Legion box set and they were painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints.

Base - is a large piece of bark and the tree's were made using branches and the leaves are from Woodland Scenics light green foliage set. The tree's were glued into place and then a mix of fine sand and spakfilla was applied and once dry I then used a mix of static grass, dry leaves, thin twigs, lichen moss and blended them together and applied them to the base.

Once the mix was dry I then gave it a few washes of Vallejo's Chocolate brown to give it a forest floor feel to it. The grass tufts are from Army Painter and the bushes are from Woodland Scenics Olive green fine foliage set.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2122 on: April 28, 2019, 05:52:00 PM »
4 more

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2123 on: April 28, 2019, 05:52:36 PM »
last 2

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2-Scouttrooper Sniper team 1:48 Completed P142 29/04/19
« Reply #2124 on: April 29, 2019, 02:18:46 AM »
Wow Ron, you had this one in the works or out quickly. Very nice. Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2125 on: April 29, 2019, 02:56:09 AM »
Wow Ron, you had this one in the works or out quickly. Very nice. Off to share.

Hey Shawn, I had this started on Friday and completed it Sunday and thank heaps mate.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2126 on: April 29, 2019, 04:47:30 AM »
Another very cool diorama, Ron! I like the beautiful bark as base! It's great to see you make so much awesome stuff within no time!

- Philipp

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2127 on: April 29, 2019, 04:43:27 PM »
Another very cool diorama, Ron! I like the beautiful bark as base! It's great to see you make so much awesome stuff within no time!

- Philipp

Thanks heaps Philipp and yeah I was very happy with the bark base and I'll be going out to find more bigger pieces to do as bases.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #2128 on: May 01, 2019, 09:15:47 PM »
Nice! The sniper and spotter turned out really well. Brilliant execution as always!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2129 on: May 01, 2019, 10:55:58 PM »
Nice! The sniper and spotter turned out really well. Brilliant execution as always!

Thanks heaps mate.

Ron