Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's 2- Endor, Enemy Contact - 1:12 15/09/2023  (Read 447105 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 -Battle Damaged Vader Completed 6" 1:12 P132 30/11/18
« Reply #1980 on: November 30, 2018, 07:07:06 PM »
Hi All,

Started a new 1:12 scale Star Wars vignette and this time round I'm Grand Moff Tarkin.
The figure is from Hasbro's 6" Black Series line and I have repositioned him by removing section of his arms and upper torso area. The hands are from Mezco 1:12 Star Trek figures as these hands suited the pose perfectly.

Next will be filling in joints and painting and then doing the base.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2-Grand Moff Tarkin WIP 1:12 P133 01/12/18
« Reply #1981 on: November 30, 2018, 07:12:07 PM »
Amazing, Ron. The paint applications are really phenomenal. Would be a fitting "image" for Vader taking on Palpatine directly.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1982 on: November 30, 2018, 08:56:06 PM »
Amazing, Ron. The paint applications are really phenomenal. Would be a fitting "image" for Vader taking on Palpatine directly.

Hey mate, thanks for the comment but I still have to full in gaps and then repaint him, the face wil be the hard bit as he looked a little pale in EPIV but I'll have to be careful not to over do the face so he doesn't look like a ghost.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1983 on: December 01, 2018, 02:04:56 AM »
Hi All,

The base for Tarkin is completed and it is a very easy base.

The base itself is a bandai base with thin cardboard cut out and painted black and once dry clear contact was used to cover it and then it was glued to the base.  The wall is two thick pieces of foam board glued together and then I printed out a DS wall and glued it onto the foam.

Tarkin has had his joint covered over using plasticine and once applied and I have the creases etc I want I cover it with super glue.  The reason I use plasticine on these types of diorama's/vignettes is it is easy to use and it actually stretches and shrinks with the weather so it stops any crack forming.

I have started painting Tarkin's skin using Vallejo's Flat Flesh with a little of Vallejo's Saddle Brown mixed in to tone the flesh down a little.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1984 on: December 01, 2018, 02:05:41 AM »
Last 3

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1985 on: December 01, 2018, 09:21:04 PM »
Hi All,

Grand Moff Tarkin.

Recipe

Tarkin - is from the Hasbro Black Series 6" line and I repositioned the arms and used hands from a Mezco 1:12 Star Trek Sulu figure. The white sleeves are cut from a dried baby wipe and glued on.

The figure was painted and weathered using Vallejo paints.

Base - the base itself is a Bandai stand from a Stormtrooper kit and I this used a thin piece of cardboard painted it black and then covered it with clear contact and glued it onto the base. The back wall is two pieces of thick foam board and I printed off a DS wall and glued it on the foam board and then glued the wall onto the base.

The last pic is what he looks like out of the package

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1986 on: December 01, 2018, 09:21:50 PM »
last 4

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2-Grand Moff Tarkin Completed 1:12 P133 02/12/18
« Reply #1987 on: December 01, 2018, 09:59:59 PM »
Charming to the last. Ha! Looks great! Tarkin is a cerebral tactician, the thinker pose is excellent. It captures his last moments well. I check in regularly and, I've enjoyed your customs, scratch builds a lot. I like the WW2 dios as well. The one with the KFZ.222 is awesome, that, for some reason is one of my favorite WW2 vehicles. I like the Yugoslavia one, I was in that area not long ago. Anyways, great work all around.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1988 on: December 01, 2018, 11:59:45 PM »
Charming to the last. Ha! Looks great! Tarkin is a cerebral tactician, the thinker pose is excellent. It captures his last moments well. I check in regularly and, I've enjoyed your customs, scratch builds a lot. I like the WW2 dios as well. The one with the KFZ.222 is awesome, that, for some reason is one of my favorite WW2 vehicles. I like the Yugoslavia one, I was in that area not long ago. Anyways, great work all around.

Hey JD, glad you have been liking the builds mate and I'm very partial to the Panther Ausf A I just love that design and hope you had a good time in Yugoslavia.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1989 on: December 02, 2018, 12:13:24 AM »

Hey JD, glad you have been liking the builds mate and I'm very partial to the Panther Ausf A I just love that design and hope you had a good time in Yugoslavia.

Ron
Panther was a good aesthetically, it had some major transmission problems and the way the wheels were stacked made it difficult for repairs. I like the simplicity of the panzer IV. Decent armor, good gun, and it was used as a base for pretty much everything from, tractors to mobile anti aircraft. But yeah former Yugoslavia is an interesting place, it has changed my perspective on some things, like traveling usually does. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity, I had to take. Hopefully it won't take a lifetime to payoff. Lol.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1990 on: December 02, 2018, 12:20:06 AM »

Ron
Panther was a good aesthetically, it had some major transmission problems and the way the wheels were stacked made it difficult for repairs. I like the simplicity of the panzer IV. Decent armor, good gun, and it was used as a base for pretty much everything from, tractors to mobile anti aircraft. But yeah former Yugoslavia is an interesting place, it has changed my perspective on some things, like traveling usually does. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity, I had to take. Hopefully it won't take a lifetime to payoff. Lol.

Great to hear that the trip was good and yeah Panzer IV is my second favourite tank and as you mentioned there were so many variants of it and it was the work horse of the German Army. I do remember reading that the Panther had transmission problems but I didn't know about the wheel problems, that's good to know for when I do a Panther getting repaired thanks mate.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1991 on: December 02, 2018, 12:28:32 AM »

Ron

Great to hear that the trip was good and yeah Panzer IV is my second favourite tank and as you mentioned there were so many variants of it and it was the work horse of the German Army. I do remember reading that the Panther had transmission problems but I didn't know about the wheel problems, that's good to know for when I do a Panther getting repaired thanks mate.

Ron
Yeah with the panther wheels they're layered, so if you had a bad inner wheel, you'd have to remove the outers to get to it. In a combat situation, or in the elements, it's not ideal.  However, the wheels did act as extra armor in a way, as opposed to the panzer iv that had a lot of exposed area behind the wheels. It's a balance.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1992 on: December 02, 2018, 08:24:09 AM »
Wow, I didn't even know this one was getting started and you are already done. Nice Ron!

Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1993 on: December 02, 2018, 07:29:48 PM »
Tarkin looks really good. I agree with JDeck that the pose is most apropos for a strategist. I like the additional details, like the white sleeves. Excellent work.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1994 on: December 02, 2018, 09:37:23 PM »
Wow, I didn't even know this one was getting started and you are already done. Nice Ron!

Off to share.

Hey Shawn, yeah this one was technically a day and thanks heaps mate.

Tarkin looks really good. I agree with JDeck that the pose is most apropos for a strategist. I like the additional details, like the white sleeves. Excellent work.

Thanks heaps buddy and yeah the pose and sleeves were a must for sure.

Ron