Author Topic: Lanard "Rampage: The Movie" Big City Brawl George Review.  (Read 624 times)

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
Lanard "Rampage: The Movie" Big City Brawl George Review.
« on: March 16, 2018, 11:42:50 AM »
There is a reason I held out on buying this set until after I had picked up all of the others, it really isn't all that great.

While the rest of the Big City Brawl assortment features great articulation on the giant creatures, Big City Brawl George only has 2 points of articulation- a hinged jaw and a ball hinged right shoulder. The right shoulder is also spring loaded to simulate George pounding on something so the ball hinge is almost useless anyway as you cannot pose George with his arm up as it springs back down again. Lack of articulation aside, George has a great sculpt and some very nice, if subtle paint work.

The included figure and barricade are recycled from Lanard's long running "The Corps!" Line.

The mini helicopter is a bit of a mixed bag. The sculpt is great, it really looks like a stealthy, aggressive predator. This model is brand new and not a retread of a previous "The Corps!" Item (although you can bet it will show up in the new "The Corps!" Line set to release in the fall). The downside is that it is REALLY small. It fits the included figure (or just about any 3.75" figure) in the rather undetailed cockpit under the hinged canopy. The control stick is articulated to accomodate different figures. The missiles and rocket pods are removable and the rotor spins really smoothly.

While this set is disappointing, at the inexpensive $14.92 MSRP, it is still better than a similarly priced set from other manufacturers. I recommend picking this set up only after you have already gotten the Big City Brawl versions of Ralph and Lizzie.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Lanard "Rampage: The Movie" Big City Brawl George Review.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 11:58:12 AM »
You literally own this topic here...great set!

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Lanard "Rampage: The Movie" Big City Brawl George Review.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 08:22:35 AM »
I think this is perhaps one of the few misses of the set, but like you said still pretty cheap.