Imperial Bulletin > Conventions & Events

Darth Santa Charity Event 18/12/10

(1/3) > >>

wraithnine:
today i travelled to Colchester (the oldest town in England with a Royal Charter ) as Ace Comics where hosting an event for charity (Action on Pre-Eclampsia)
in attendance was a trio of actors who had parts in the original Trilogy (Star Wars) and various Indiana Jones movies  ,and they were signing photo's and some of the proceeds were donated to the above charity,the event was also attended by Star Warriors (a group very similiar to the 501st) signing photo's for the public were Derek Lyons (Medal Bearer ,Temple Guard  from Ep IV), Harry Fielder(Corporal Grenwick  from Ep IV)  and Alan Flyng(Imperial Officer from Ep VI),i had the pleasure of speaking to Derek Lyons & Harry Fielder who were great to talk to ,unfortunatly i did not get the chance  to talk to Alan Flyng (due to time constraints ,the weather turned very bad very quickly ,we had about  4 inches of snow in about 2 hrs!) apparently Brian Muir was to attend but i did not get to  see him .
here are some pics from the event (some taken by me and a couple are courtesy of Derek's facebook page )

i was very lucky to come away with some signed photo's ,
Derek Lyons :

(he did one each of these for my sons Samuel and James)

(a fantastic limited edition print for Thomas,i believe only 100-150 worldwide)
and i myself was lucky to get  the final scene from "A New Hope " ,

(Derek can be seen standing behind Chewie)
Harry Fielder kindly gave me a signed photo as well

we were  only there for about an hour or so  ,but i'd like to thank Kerrie and Marc Williams and the guys at Ace Comics for making us very welcome ,it was an excellent event and a pleasure to meet the actors and the guys from Star Warriors .

Just a shame the weather didnt hold up !

CaptainLux:
Really cool jay, nice photos!

Clonehead:
loved the photos jay. too bad the weather didnt let you stay longer.

Tamer:
Cool deal. Thanks for the coverage. On the front page Jay!

artilarytrooper321:
hey jay, who are those people with you in the second picture?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version